Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 AM

109 posts, read 210,541 times

Advertisements

As I have stated before my wifes family legally migrated here from Mexico many years ago.
I nor any family member of mine have hate for anyone on this earth.
My wife, inlaws, and children, do not want to compete with illegals for jobs and would like to get paid a decent wage (when they apply for jobs the employer assumes they will work for illegal pay due to their heritage).

These people earned their rights to be an American, they want to be an American, They proudly state they are American, They have and wanted to assimilate to our culture, they speak english ( my children can not even speak spainish).
They are embarrased that people may think they feel as the illegals do.

If you want to see hate, watch the illegal protests, listen to what they say about Americans, Watch them drag our flag through the mud, fly it upside down, and burn it.
Listen to their demands, see how much they desire to assimilate to our culture, and then you will see true hate.
There is a world of difference between hate and defending your rights and what is yours.
I am being called a racist, and my wife is half latino, my children have latino blood,,now what part of that makes me a racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 07:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
As I have stated before my wifes family legally migrated here from Mexico many years ago.
My wife, inlaws, and children, do not want to compete with illegals for jobs and would like to get paid a decent wage (when they apply for jobs the employer assumes they will work for illegal pay due to their heritage).

These people earned their rights to be an American, they want to be an American, They proudly state they are American, They have and wanted to assimilate to our culture, they speak english ( my children can not even speak spainish).

If you want to see hate, watch the illegal protests, listen to what they say about Americans, Watch them drag our flag through the mud, fly it upside down, and burn it.
Listen to their demands, see how much they desire to assimilate to our culture, and then you will see true hate.
There is a world of difference between hate and defending your rights and what is yours.
I am being called a racist, and my wife is half latino, my children have latino blood,,now what part of that makes me a racist?

You are not a racists and neither am I , it is the ONLY defense the pro illegals can come up with, and it is a false one at that. I am happy to have people from other countries here, that want to be here and want to be an american and are proud of our nation. All things not shown by the illegals.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:11 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,190,136 times
Unfortunately, you are paying the price for illegals and the likes of people protesting in American streets with Mexican flags!! These people are being dishonest and it's going to anyone of Mexican decent. When watching the protest these people are not very American and are requesting to be taken care of in ways that Americans don't even receive these things. Telling white people to go back to Europe.
Americans are feeling the Mexicans are a threat to OUR CULTURE!!

My bother married a Mexican women and we just adore her. Her family is from Mexico and have been here for 15 years way before this all started and she is feeling the threats also. My nephew is part white and Mexican and who knows how he will be excepted down the road.

Americans are tried of the gangs and drugs that are being brought here and jobs being taken or at the least the wages are dropping due to contractors using the illegal workers at less pay.

Sorry, you are feeling the repercussion of a lot of bad apples!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:33 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,746,175 times
Quote:

This is the reason you and your family should speak out the loudest in protest against the illegal invaders.
As you stated, you are looked at as an illegal. As long as illegals continue to invade and remain here illegally this will not change. When you apply for a job you are assumed to be illegal and will be treated accordingly.
Now that you and your family are directly feeling the negative effects of this invasion you need to get involved in making sure these invaders are no longer allowed to get away with breaking our laws.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM

606 posts, read 699,720 times
maybe you are not a hater.but there are a lot of haters..

Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,318 times
Quote:

Your wife should look into an organization called You Don't Speak For Me. They are a group of concerned Americans of Hispanic/Latino heritage, some first or second generation, others recent legal immigrants, who believe illegal immigration harms America and a guest worker amnesty will do the same.

Many of my friends in various anti-illegal immigration organizations such as Save Our State also belong to this organization.

http://dontspeakforme.org/ (broken link)

Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,858 times
The race card works, thats why, but trust me, it will not always be that way, cause it's getting more and more attention lately and some other reasons as well.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,860 times
Mexican American Etc. We all are equal. About the people who protest in public. Well they are ingnorant. As well there are American people that are ingnorant or more. We all are human beigns. All I got to say is. Give love and do not give hate. I'm Mexican soon I will be a US citizen plus with gods help also a Police officer. I am proud of this country, in fact I grew up here. I love this country and for sure I will die for this country. Pelase do not judge the book for its cover. Correction about American. American is individual who has born in the America continent. Mexicans are also American. Also european blood runs in them.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Educated Mexican View Post
Mexican American Etc. We all are equal. About the people who protest in public. Well they are ingnorant. As well there are American people that are ingnorant or more. We all are human beigns. All I got to say is. Give love and do not give hate. I'm Mexican soon I will be a US citizen plus with gods help also a Police officer. I am proud of this country, in fact I grew up here. I love this country and for sure I will die for this country. Pelase do not judge the book for its cover. Correction about American. American is individual who has born in the America continent. Mexicans are also American. Also european blood runs in them.
My niece married a guy some years ago....very NICE guy, a native of Zacatecas. He got his citizenship, and eventually was hired by the LAPD.

The couple split up...(probably HER fault, knowing the two of them)...and I haven't heard much about him. But he was a VERY nice person...which caused me to wonder why he'd marry my niece, AND why he'd be attracted to police work....(seems to me that 'nice guys' may be at a disadvantage in that profession...but I'm glad someone wants the job).

Best wishes in your career.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Quote:

Take heart..MANY of us are in situations just like yours. You're called a "hater" because that's the only 'defense' some people have when they go against you. It's a powerful "charge", but it can be used by anybody, for any reason. Your position doesn't make you a 'hater'....it just means somebody "hates" the fact that you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration