Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,760,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Here are some "gems" from you.

----------------------
Originally Posted by ProLogic
I have never claimed that I'm pro-illegal.

------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by scootertrash61
only...ONLY....F#$%ING ONLY 30 ARE ILLEGAL!!!!! YOU'RE A REAL PIECE OF EH EH WORK DUDE

Originally Posted by texanborn
This one is.......don't believe if, that's your problem not mine, tell her parents that....You are an illegal supporter and you think they are all good....I hope you never meet up with one of the many bad ones....

Originally Posted by Steve Bagu
Blacknight04: If I go to your house that has a fence all around your property. I climb over your fence and force my self into your house. What would you consider me.? A LEGAL ALIEN or a ILLEGAL ALIEN by my actions. Am I documented or Undocumented? I came from another country to the US as an ALIEN, yes, but as a DOCUMENTED Alien, not an UNDOCUMENTED ALIEN. Now with this DOCUMENTED position, I served in the US MILITARY in COMBAT in KOREA, all the time holding a GREEN CARD classifying me as LEGALLY DOCUMENTED ALIEN. TODAY there are an estimated 55,000 GREEN CARD holders serving in the US military. Within the last 45 days several GREEN CARD holders were sworn in as AMERICAN CITIZENS all in IRAQ. NOW do we understand the difference between DOCUMENTED an UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS??????. Stefhen

--------------------------------------------------------

they only come here to work... ummm right! Mexican Mafia members in San Diego are brought to court.

============================================

Illegal Alien Apologist = Blacknight04

Wow, great job, you still didn't find a quote of anyone supporting unchecked illegal immigration.

I will give you an A for effort, but better luck next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,482,675 times
Blacknight04 - What kind of illegal immigration do you agree with then?

Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow, great job, you still didn't find a quote of anyone supporting unchecked illegal immigration.

I will give you an A for effort, but better luck next time.
That's true, Blacknight....no one on this forum ever said "I support unchecked illegal immigration"....right.

By the same token, though we've heard PLENTY of mean-spirited 'slurs', ugly remarks, and horrendously nasty comments from the 'antis', I don't think you'll find a single instance of even the most RABID anti-illegal saying "I'm a racist and I hate Hispanics and I don't think they have a right to earn a living"

So I guess we're ALL a little 'over-reacting'....right?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Blacknight04 - What kind of illegal immigration do you agree with then?
None.

Quote:
That's true, Blacknight....no one on this forum ever said "I support unchecked illegal immigration"....right.

By the same token, though we've heard PLENTY of mean-spirited 'slurs', ugly remarks, and horrendously nasty comments from the 'antis', I don't think you'll find a single instance of even the most RABID anti-illegal saying "I'm a racist and I hate Hispanics and I don't think they have a right to earn a living"

So I guess we're ALL a little 'over-reacting'....right?
I can find a lot of anti-hispanic quotes from a bunch of regular posters on here. They don't have to say "I'm a racist and I hate Hispanics and I don't think they have a right to earn a living" word for word but i can find it.

Now let's try it again, can you find any post even implying that "pro-illegals" support unchecked illegal immigration?

Even as you guys love to complain about how everyone who is anti-illegal is not racist, is it possible to support other solutions to illegal immigration other than what "anti-illegals" think the solution( deport all of em) is without supporting illegal immigration itself?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
None.

Now let's try it again, can you find any post even implying that "pro-illegals" support unchecked illegal immigration?
I cannot find a post stating that 'pro illegals' admit that they support unchecked illegal immigration (even if one DID support it, putting it in those words would, of course, be stupid).

I CAN, though, find any number of posts in which anti-illegals refuse to even consider ANY negative effects of illegal immigration, brush aside any references to this as 'unimportant', rationalize crime committed by illegals as 'regrettable, but inevitable', insist that the term "illegal immigrant" be changed to simply "immigrant", insist that anyone opposing illegal immigration is "anti-immigrant", try to paint the entire history of American immigration as "largely illegal", try to draw a parallel between our "need" for unskilled immigrants 100 years ago, and our "need" for illegals today, and will offer NO alternative to illegal immigration other than across-the-board amnesty, and will discuss no way to prevent FUTURE illegal immigration other than simply 'making illegal immigration no longer illegal'. If that's not 'sidestepping the issue', I'd like to know what it IS.

I can think of many ways to attack the problem of burglary, but simply forgiving the burglars and declaring burglary "no longer a crime" wouldn't be one of them....if I said THAT, I'd be 'enabling and condoning burglary', .......even if I wasn't so stupid as to put it in just those exact words.

As the OTHER poster asked, if you're not in favor of unchecked illegal immigration, precisely what IS your position on this? Do you HAVE a position, or do you simply reserve the right to point out the inconsistencies in OTHERS' posts? Seriously, what would YOU do about it, if you could (other than simple across-the-board blanket amnesty for all concerned)?

Last edited by macmeal; 02-10-2009 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I cannot find a post stating that 'pro illegals' admit that they support unchecked illegal immigration (even if one DID support it, putting it in those words would, of course, be stupid).

I CAN, though, find any number of posts in which anti-illegals refuse to even consider ANY negative effects of illegal immigration, brush aside any references to this as 'unimportant', rationalize crime committed by illegals as 'regrettable, but inevitable', insist that the term "illegal immigrant" be changed to simply "immigrant", insist that anyone opposing illegal immigration is "anti-immigrant", try to paint the entire history of American immigration as "largely illegal", try to draw a parallel between our "need" for unskilled immigrants 100 years ago, and our "need" for illegals today, and will offer NO alternative to illegal immigration other than across-the-board amnesty, and will discuss no way to prevent FUTURE illegal immigration other than simply 'making illegal immigration no longer illegal'. If that's not 'sidestepping the issue', I'd like to know what it IS.

I can think of many ways to attack the problem of burglary, but simply forgiving the burglars and declaring burglary "no longer a crime" wouldn't be one of them....if I said THAT, I'd be 'enabling and condoning burglary', .......even if I wasn't so stupid as to put it in just those exact words.

As the OTHER poster asked, if you're not in favor of unchecked illegal immigration, precisely what IS your position on this? Do you HAVE a position, or do you simply reserve the right to point out the inconsistencies in OTHERS' posts? Seriously, what would YOU do about it, if you could (other than simple across-the-board blanket amnesty for all concerned)?
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Immigration

That is my position, are you willing to accept that( seems any solution not coming from the "anti-illegal" crowd is not "good" enough) or should i present another position for you? One that you will agree with.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Also known as. . . . Amnesty

Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Immigration

That is my position, are you willing to accept that( seems any solution not coming from the "anti-illegal" crowd is not "good" enough) or should i present another position for you? One that you will agree with.
Well, OK....but those two guys have only been in office for a few weeks...so now you have a position.

Better late than never, though, I suppose. It will be interesting to see in the coming months how you, Barak, and Joe implement your plan...and whether you're 'appreciated' for it. In any case, welcome to the 'fray'...

Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
None.

I can find a lot of anti-hispanic quotes from a bunch of regular posters on here. They don't have to say "I'm a racist and I hate Hispanics and I don't think they have a right to earn a living" word for word but i can find it.

Even as you guys love to complain about how everyone who is anti-illegal is not racist, is it possible to support other solutions to illegal immigration other than what "anti-illegals" think the solution( deport all of em) is without supporting illegal immigration itself?
What kind of statement do you need?

1. They are only here for a better living.
2. They are only here to better themselves.
3. They are only here to do jobs Americans won't do.
4. They are hard working and deserve those Social Services more than those lazy Americans leeching the system.
5. They have nothing at home to go back too.
6. It's part of Nafta.......

ALL of these are posted regularly by Pro_Illegals. What exactly are you looking for? Open borders means no control. You may want employee sanctions only but that shouldn't leave thievery by the Illegals out of the picture by bleeding Social Services.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, OK....but those two guys have only been in office for a few weeks...so now you have a position.

Better late than never, though, I suppose. It will be interesting to see in the coming months how you, Barak, and Joe implement your plan...and whether you're 'appreciated' for it. In any case, welcome to the 'fray'...
Umm, that position has been around forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration