Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 PM

281 posts, read 447,076 times

Advertisements

If I don't have kids and a wife, yeah, I'll stay and fight. But if I do, their safety comes before anything else. You would subject your kids to a war and probable death?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:02 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I don't disagree that there are depots and dictators all over the world. History is full of them. I do think that until people stand up and fight, like Lech Walesa, Emiliano Zapata, Spartacus, Trotsky, Tutu, those are just a few individuals who fought tyrants and won (even if you don't agree with their policies afterward...) I disagree with the idea that the US has to be the world's benefactor, especially when we have so many problems and victims right here at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As per my reply to Ripley6174: let some of the other nations pick up the slack.

Soon: if/when Mexico implodes; the world will be expecting the USA to step in and said other nations will still screech when we start kicking ass. Damn if we do and damn if we don't.

Hypocritical countries.
Seeing as you all seem to be so pissed about America being expected to intervene in all the world's problems, maybe America can stop parading itself around as a champion of democracy and defender of human rights? Certain people seem to want to have the title yet not do the heavy lifting involved.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Seeing as you all seem to be so pissed about America being expected to intervene in all the world's problems, maybe America can stop parading itself around as a champion of democracy and defender of human rights? Certain people seem to want to have the title yet not do the heavy lifting involved.
We (the USA) have done the 'heavy lifting'------------it is time to pass the baton.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We (the USA) have done the 'heavy lifting'------------it is time to pass the baton.
I agree. Let some of these other countries, such as those in the EU, step up to the plate for a change. Whenever things start to go to he11 in a handbasket, everybody starts looking to us for help. Trying to be the world's policeman has not served us well at all and in many cases has cost us dearly. Countries with problems need to learn to settle things up amongst themselves. If they can't, then somebody other than us needs to intervene.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I agree. Let some of these other countries, such as those in the EU, step up to the plate for a change. Whenever things start to go to he11 in a handbasket, everybody starts looking to us for help. Trying to be the world's policeman has not served us well at all and in many cases has cost us dearly. Countries with problems need to learn to settle things up amongst themselves. If they can't, then somebody other than us needs to intervene.
Agreed. It is long past time for the US to mind it's own business and take care of it's own people. We cannot take in nor save the entire planet. Those countries whose only solution to their problems is codependency upon perpetual US bailouts, deserve to fail.

Personally, I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired of the failed policies of nation building and propping up the planet, despite the fact that it is resulting in our demise.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
If I don't have kids and a wife, yeah, I'll stay and fight. But if I do, their safety comes before anything else. You would subject your kids to a war and probable death?
Imagine what would have happened had U.S. blacks felt the same. They never would have fought and died for civil rights. Imagine.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 PM

238 posts, read 729,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
It's pretty easy to say these things from the comfort of your room, behind your computer, without the imminent danger of rebels coming into your home to kill you and your family, isn't it?
Yes, it is very easy to write such things from the comfort of your home. However, what he said is absolutely true. I was born in the city of Valencia, Venezuela. I fought agaisnt the oppresion of the democratic front that Oliagarcs had all over the country for over 50 years. Then in 1992, we felt that our victory was close when Hugo Chavez tried the failed coup d'etat. Then finally, through a democratic process, Hugo Chavez won the presidential elections a year after an amnesty was given to him by former President Rafael Caldera. After that, I found myself fighting the person who I supported for years, thinking that he was indeed the real deal. Once the deception of Hugo Chavez settled in, I looked myself in the mirror and said " I only live once" and left the country. You can call me coward if you want, but there are people right now fighting Chavez with stones, guns, or whatever is at hand. I just decided not to waste my life fighting, then again, that was my personal decision.

Government has technology, so does the people. Government has guns, so does the people. On a side note, this is why the protection of the second ammendment is vital. To stop possible tyranical rulers from over taking your country. It takes a long time to wake up, but once you realized the paradigm you're in; there's no other choice but to fight back. For how long? Well, it all depends on each person.

I love that phrase that goes " All it takes for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

Last edited by Amazonas; 02-13-2009 at 11:04 PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 02:28 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Imagine what would have happened had U.S. blacks felt the same. They never would have fought and died for civil rights. Imagine.
Well, many of them did run north to Canada or south to Mexico.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The states (especially the sanctuary states) are limping along in the throws of bankruptcy. It appears that Obama has quietly ordered the emptying of jails, stepped up deportation and I predict next will be reduction of the welfare rolls.

For those who are here illegally, the party really is over and there won't be another one for a very long time.
Exactly. No taxes means no welfare. The free rides are over.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:48 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Exactly. No taxes means no welfare. The free rides are over.
Agreed. It's time for all of them to go home (take their anchors with them) and demand everything including the kitchen sink from their own countries and oligarchies. America and we the taxpayers owe them nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.