Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
Yes, it is very easy to write such things from the comfort of your home. However, what he said is absolutely true. I was born in the city of Valencia, Venezuela. I fought agaisnt the oppresion of the democratic front that Oliagarcs had all over the country for over 50 years. Then in 1992, we felt that our victory was close when Hugo Chavez tried the failed coup d'etat. Then finally, through a democratic process, Hugo Chavez won the presidential elections a year after an amnesty was given to him by former President Rafael Caldera. After that, I found myself fighting the person who I supported for years, thinking that he was indeed the real deal. Once the deception of Hugo Chavez settled in, I looked myself in the mirror and said " I only live once" and left the country. You can call me coward if you want, but there are people right now fighting Chavez with stones, guns, or whatever is at hand. I just decided not to waste my life fighting, then again, that was my personal decision.

Government has technology, so does the people. Government has guns, so does the people. On a side note, this is why the protection of the second ammendment is vital. To stop possible tyranical rulers from over taking your country. It takes a long time to wake up, but once you realized the paradigm you're in; there's no other choice but to fight back. For how long? Well, it all depends on each person.

I love that phrase that goes " All it takes for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".
I can understand your point.

It would be one thing in most Venezuelans were backing your position re: Chavez; then it would make sense to stand up and fight.

Flip side: if most of your (former) countrymen supported the man-------then it would be indeed time to leave if the alternative for you would be (probable) death.

Note to Ripley6174: I would indeed leave the USA if most Americans were against me as in wanting to murder me--------------best analogy would be the Nazi's vs. the Jews in Germany 70 years ago.

As for American Blacks and fighting for their Civil Rights: at least they were in (relatively) little danger of reprisals in the 1950's vs. 30 years previously---------public opinion was shifting against JIm Crow after WW II.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Seeing as you all seem to be so pissed about America being expected to intervene in all the world's problems, maybe America can stop parading itself around as a champion of democracy and defender of human rights? Certain people seem to want to have the title yet not do the heavy lifting involved.
I would love nothing more than to bring all US troops back home to do what is called for in the Constitution- defend our borders.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
You can call me coward if you want, .
Ok.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Seeing as you all seem to be so pissed about America being expected to intervene in all the world's problems, maybe America can stop parading itself around as a champion of democracy and defender of human rights? Certain people seem to want to have the title yet not do the heavy lifting involved.

As far as I am concerned, every non-english speaking Country can fend for themselves. It's too bad that we have this thing called a nuclear weapon now and many Countries are not afraid to use them on the US.

We pretty much have no choice at this point of time.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:44 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Dude alls I know is that nobody reads anymore and like, man, its all text mesages these days and I'm sorry if they're deporting Librarians but man maybe that because Libraries are closing because nobody returns there books anyway. we are loosing are ability to read an wright and are quickly develaping into a nation of functional illegitimates. Got to go now hang in there. its all good.

Piece.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 726 times
Who pays to get the aliens back to liberia

Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiwant2help View Post
First things first - who pays to get them and all other illegals here in the first place?

If money for transportation home is an issue, then there could be serious fines given to those who employ illegals - $10,000 or more for each illegal employed, that money could help pay transportation costs. And remittances out of the country should be taxed. Billions of dollars are sent out of the USA untaxed. Only Western Union is profitting from this - and big time.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiwant2help View Post
We do. Its called deportation to the aliens home country.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
We do. Its called deportation to the aliens home country.
For some reason I sense you have a different attitude about the Liberians going home than you have for the more usual kind of illegal.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:08 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As far as I am concerned, every non-english speaking Country can fend for themselves. It's too bad that we have this thing called a nuclear weapon now and many Countries are not afraid to use them on the US.

We pretty much have no choice at this point of time.
Screw that crap "non-english countries", every country for itself, we nuke mexico first....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.