Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Graciela Barrios, an undocumented immigrant with few resources, has long relied on the county health clinic for the advice, medication and tests that have kept her diabetes under control.

But next month, Barrios and thousands like her will be on their own, and many more people across the nation face the same fate.

Bowing to recession-related budget pressures, Sacramento County recently took the drastic step of cutting non-emergency health services for illegal immigrants. Contra Costa County, on the east side of San Francisco Bay, will vote on a similar measure Tuesday.

I have no insurance, no resources, nothing to fall back on,” said Barrios, who has one daughter. “I have no idea what I will do.”

Recession cuts illegal immigrants’ health care - Health care- msnbc.com

Millions of Americans suffer every day with various illnesses because they lack health insurance and are considered too rich to be poor and not eligible for Medicaid and too poor to be rich enough to afford healthcare. So they suffer.

I have a suggestion for Graciela and the rest of her ilk: Go home and let Mexico take care of you. I hear they have hospitals there.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-15-2009 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 PM

County proposes to cut health care for illegal immigrants and prisoners
In hopes of saving a strained medical system $6 million a year, Contra Costa County health officials have announced a plan to exclude adult illegal immigrants from primary care services.
About 5,500 undocumented immigrants are now eligible users of the county's Basic Health Care Program, which serves low-income residents who cannot obtain any other health insurance.
A plan being presented to the Board of Supervisors this month would make non-urgent county care inaccessible to illegal immigrants, with the exception of children and pregnant women.
Also on the proposed chopping block is a $2.6 million program providing health care for inmates of the West County Detention Facility in Richmond.
"The county doesn't have the money anymore," said Dr. William Walker, the county's health director.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/poli...nclick_check=1

This COUNTRY doesn't have it anymore. As a matter of fact we never had the capacity to provide "a better life" for the millions who have invaded this country. The party is over . . . .

Old 03-15-2009, 05:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Graciela Barrios, an undocumented immigrant with few resources, has long relied on the county health clinic for the advice, medication and tests that have kept her diabetes under control.

But next month, Barrios and thousands like her will be on their own, and many more people across the nation face the same fate.

Bowing to recession-related budget pressures, Sacramento County recently took the drastic step of cutting non-emergency health services for illegal immigrants. Contra Costa County, on the east side of San Francisco Bay, will vote on a similar measure Tuesday.

I have no insurance, no resources, nothing to fall back on,” said Barrios, who has one daughter. “I have no idea what I will do.”

Recession cuts illegal immigrants’ health care - Health care- msnbc.com

Millions of Americans suffer every day with various illnesses because they lack health insurance and are considered to rich to be poor and not eligible for Medicaid and too poor to be rich enough to afford healthcare. So they suffer.

I have a suggestion for Graciela and the rest of her ilk: Go home and let Mexico take care of you. I hear they have hospitals there.
Since she is a citizen of Mexico, my advice would be for her to return to her homeland and see what she is eligible for under the Mexican health care system. It is not like the medications and supplies to control diabetes are some exotic new treatment. She should be able to get them in her country.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:05 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,908 times
All I can say is... IT'S ABOUT GOSH DANG TIME!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Since she is a citizen of Mexico, my advice would be for her to return to her homeland and see what she is eligible for under the Mexican health care system. It is not like the medications and supplies to control diabetes are some exotic new treatment. She should be able to get them in her country.
Exactly. I wonder if Vincente Fox attached an addendum to those maps entitled: All Americans are suckers and Bleeding Hearts. A guide on how to screw them royally.

Additionally, if she has no resources, why would she (and millions like her) come here illegally and bring a child into her world of criminal deceit and misery? The co-dependant mindset and the lack of personal responsibility exhibited by the millions in this country illegally is not only absurd but fundamentally insane.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Why can't Mexico take care of it's people? This babysitting thing is ridiculous.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why can't Mexico take care of it's people? This babysitting thing is ridiculous.
I don't know about you, but I paid daycare and babysitting costs for my son for a number of years and it didn't cost me billions.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:56 PM

It's amazing how many kids these people have that they can't care for on their own. I feel like the US is being forced to adopt an entire demographic of people against our will.

What do you call using Federal loopholes to force a Society to raise your kids for you? That is what is happening and not one person can deny it. We are being forced to subsidize raising kids whose parents walked here specifically for that purpose. I can think of many names and none of them can be said in public.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too.

The U.S. simply cannot bear the burden of providing medical care to the entire impoverished population of a 3rd-world country. We simply cannot absorb the weight of all that need. Even in the best of economic times, the U.S. does not have the resources to rescue all of Mexico's poor.

As more and more come here, desperate, hungry, sick, and inclined to bear children, the burden on the U.S. grows and grows. And it's no wonder that counties are starting to say no to the illegal immigrants. We're being bled dry. Soon there's just not going to be any more charity left to give.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 PM

If these supporters of Illegal Immigration really want to back the down trodden, they should donate money so that every ship returning from Iraq will stop and pick up 500 Somalis that are dirt poor compared to the Illegals the US is supporting now. Why do I think there will be no support for such venture? Is it a racial issue? I''m beginning to think so. Why so much attention to Mexico vs the rest of the planet that is dirt poor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration