Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 AM

10 posts, read 15,288 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing posts here blaming the illegal immigrants... really how can you blame them?

Our government gives them welfare handouts, free health care to pump out children, basically gives them a wink to come right over, refuses to deport them, lets their kids become citizens, etc etc...

I don't blame the illegal aliens, I blame our government who lets them flood over and outbreed us while turning the areas they inhabit into those rivaling the Black ghettos. Not to mention, like Blacks, they are disproportionally over-represented in violent crime and gangs.

We need to blame our government and the idiots we elect, not the poor brown masses flooding over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWilliams2003 View Post
I keep seeing posts here blaming the illegal immigrants... really how can you blame them?

Our government gives them welfare handouts, free health care to pump out children, basically gives them a wink to come right over, refuses to deport them, lets their kids become citizens, etc etc...

I don't blame the illegal aliens, I blame our government who lets them flood over and outbreed us while turning the areas they inhabit into those rivaling the Black ghettos. Not to mention, like Blacks, they are disproportionally over-represented in violent crime and gangs.

We need to blame our government and the idiots we elect, not the poor brown masses flooding over.
I agree with all that you have stated about our government however, I strongly feel that we can and have every right to blame illegals for their lack of honesty, integrity and personal responsibility.

If my neighbor left her home in a hurry and left her front door wide open, does that give me the right to enter and rob her blind?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-22-2009 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:

I'm sorry but if you raid a brothel, you need take the greeter and the piano player too. EVERYONE has a share of blame to take in this illegal immigration, including the illegal aliens themselves. If i leave my car unlocked and the keys in it, i can still press grand theft auto charges against you, it was stupidity on my part but that dont give you an invite to steal my car.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
I wholeheartedly agree with both JDubs and Alanboy. We can’t absolve illegals; they are also culpable. There are many poor and hungry U.S. citizens, but only the criminal element actually commit armed robbery, burglary, and other crimes of theft. Illegal aliens are far from innocent; and frankly, I’m sick of people making excuses for them. Their children may be innocent, but the adults damn sure aren’t.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with both JDubs and Alanboy. We can’t absolve illegals; they are also culpable. There are many poor and hungry U.S. citizens, but only the criminal element actually commit armed robbery, burglary, and other crimes of theft. Illegal aliens are far from innocent; and frankly, I’m sick of people making excuses for them. Their children may be innocent, but the adults damn sure aren’t.
I agree wholeheartedly with your post Benicar, it is positive to see that most people realize that there are many players to blame in this whole issue, Illegal immigrants made poor choices in life for doing things in a way that isn't right, but something that is worse than that, is that the government of the United States has become really corrupt, I'm sorry to say this, but those beautiful ideals created by the founding fathers and other great americans, those solid foundations that made America great, have slowly been forgotten and replaced by a government, that isn't for the people, or by the people, whose only commitment is with capital, corporations and other big powerful lobbies that have the resources to buy their way.

If things continue going this way, things can only get worse not better, unfortunately once that corruption starts to get a hold it is very hard to eradicate it, because that requires an inner change in the very souls of the people, their hearts and minds.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Their children are only innocent until they reach the age of 18, at which point they are adults capable of doing making their own decisions, one of which if they are honest would be to leave the US and apply for citizenship from their homeland. Should they remain in the US with the knowledge that they are illegal aliens, with no legal right to be here, IMHO they willfully morph into being just as much of a criminal as their parents who brought them here illegally.

Judging from what I've seen and read of them, they are just as insolent, arrogant and criminal minded as their "parents" (see DREAMAct aka DREAMies)

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-22-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Old 03-22-2009, 03:16 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
When people steal items from a store the people that steal food because they are hungry are just as guilty of a crime as someone who steal alcohol to get buzzed.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
When people steal items from a store the people that steal food because they are hungry are just as guilty of a crime as someone who steal alcohol to get buzzed.
I catch your drift.

Although in all fairness: during Hurricane Katrina some people (including police officers) still stuck in NO did break into a few stores to steal fresh water, food, etc.

Flip side: if things like large screen TV's, etc. were involved-----------that would have been a different situation to be polite.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,752 times
Quote:

I don't think I like the comparison between illegal and black "ghettos" very much. Saying they are over-represented (illegals & crime) is a bit of a joke. They are under-represented if anything. Been to south central LA lately ??? Thats a lot like saying that the nazi's invasion of Poland was ok because Hitler said it wasn't an invasion. All those Polish people wanted to be german.
They pump out all those kids for one reason only, Gov. handouts and money. Poor brown masses my a-s. We have our own people to take care of. If those "idiots" are giving the illegals a "wink" we need vote them out.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Both Blacks & Hispanics, legal and illegal, are over-represented in violent crime and in prison. I don't care if you dislike the comparison.
And the interesting part is there is no Hispanic race-----------they run the gamut from Nordic White to Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration