Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, more than likely.

But some of the nuttiest of nuts think that without illegals, crime would drop noticeably, the economy wouldn't be having any problems, cities would go straight back to the way they were in the 50s, Anglo culture in America would be saved from the grips of destruction, racism wouldn't exist, you know...all that junk.
If you have a problem with Anglo-Saxon culture; accept it or leave.

Anymore: a WASP can be of any race or ethnicity--------President Obama comes to mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you have a problem with Anglo-Saxon culture; accept it or leave.

Anymore: a WASP can be of any race or ethnicity--------President Obama comes to mind
...............its okay AB. There's always next time.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:11 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,142,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, more than likely.

But some of the nuttiest of nuts think that without illegals, crime would drop noticeably, the economy wouldn't be having any problems, cities would go straight back to the way they were in the 50s, Anglo culture in America would be saved from the grips of destruction, racism wouldn't exist, you know...all that junk.
Count me in. Im one of those nuts, and, I even though your sarcasm is somewhat comical its absolutely true. Crime would drop and the economy would improve. FDR, Truman and Eishenhower thought the economy would improve with the deportation of illegals, thats obvious. American cities weren't the utopia (in the 50s) you seem to think they were. They face far more " destruction and racism" from the illegal aliens that bring thier 3rd world cultue with them. Legalize every one that sneaks across the border and give them all "citizen rights" and unemployment benefits. I think Roguer got that one right. Stand next to the borderand watch the stampede.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:25 PM

608 posts, read 925,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Count me in. Im one of those nuts, and, I even though your sarcasm is somewhat comical its absolutely true. Crime would drop and the economy would improve. FDR, Truman and Eishenhower thought the economy would improve with the deportation of illegals, thats obvious. American cities weren't the utopia (in the 50s) you seem to think they were. They face far more " destruction and racism" from the illegal aliens that bring thier 3rd world cultue with them. Legalize every one that sneaks across the border and give them all "citizen rights" and unemployment benefits. I think Roguer got that one right. Stand next to the borderand watch the stampede.
True statement. By the way, come to Dodge City, KS or Lexington, NE. Ever since the packing plnts have begun to hire large numbers of illegals in the midwest, crime stats have risen considerably. LEGAL citizens of Mexican decent havn't impacted these negative statistics at all really, but as for the areas of our nation that have had an influx of illegals, see the data for yourself. (It's in the city stats for citydata.com)

Old 03-28-2009, 09:13 AM

608 posts, read 1,006,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Noone is blaming latino illegals for everything that is wrong with our country. I do blame them for driving wages down. I also blame corporations and businesses for creating a subculture of illegality in order to make an extra buck.
Most people are able to make the distinction. Can you?
If only illegals had that much power. They are part of the equation as you had mentioned above. What you forget to mention is the biggest enabler of all. The US and it's lax border and immigration enforcement. We have the laws just not consistent enforcement especially over the last several decades. If the US had more control before all of this got out of hand we wouldn't be in this position today. Now it is out of hadn and as always we prefer reactionary policies versus proactive big vision policies. WE (the people as in the government) are just as much for turning the other cheek when it doesn't personally affect us but only react when it becomes crisis. I call it collective hypocrisy.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
If only illegals had that much power. They are part of the equation as you had mentioned above. What you forget to mention is the biggest enabler of all. The US and it's lax border and immigration enforcement. We have the laws just not consistent enforcement especially over the last several decades. If the US had more control before all of this got out of hand we wouldn't be in this position today. Now it is out of hadn and as always we prefer reactionary policies versus proactive big vision policies. WE (the people as in the government) are just as much for turning the other cheek when it doesn't personally affect us but only react when it becomes crisis. I call it collective hypocrisy.
While I agree with most of your post, I’m not sure I would call it “collective hypocrisy” or any form of hypocrisy. Speaking for myself; living on the East Coast, I did not realize we had such a massive illegal alien problem, until it reached this area. The MSM, while clearly aware of this escalating threat, did not report on it. Likewise, the drug cartel problem is just now being reported as though it started last week.

Many people now realize we have a huge illegal immigration problem, and are becoming involved. It’s hard to fight something you aren’t aware of. The powers that be went to great lengths to squelch this issue. Now, they can no longer sweep it under the rug.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While I agree with most of your post, I’m not sure I would call it “collective hypocrisy” or any form of hypocrisy. Speaking for myself; living on the East Coast, I did not realize we had such a massive illegal alien problem, until it reached this area. The MSM, while clearly aware of this escalating threat, did not report on it. Likewise, the drug cartel problem is just now being reported as though it started last week.

Many people now realize we have a huge illegal immigration problem, and are becoming involved. It’s hard to fight something you aren’t aware of. The powers that be went to great lengths to squelch this issue. Now, they can no longer sweep it under the rug.
And to me at least; the pendulum is swinging against at least Mexico due to it basically showing signs of implosion.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,432,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Agreed. They still (thank God) have not invaded where I live. That being said, working downtown Chicago opened my eyes, ears and nostrils to the very real and present danger of the current invasion.

I first noticed it in 1997 when I returned home from Texas. Now? Despite the fact that this is America, there are very few sanctuaries for American citizens to live in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration