Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

Three polls released last week by Rasmussen Reports reaffirm what true immigration reformers have known for years: the American public overwhelmingly supports enhanced border security and strengthened interior enforcement of our immigration laws. The results of these polls further undermine the arguments of amnesty advocates who claim that the American people want "comprehensive" immigration reform.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...s_reaffirm.php
No wonder LaRaza, et al. are so desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM

167 posts, read 483,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Three polls released last week by Rasmussen Reports reaffirm what true immigration reformers have known for years: the American public overwhelmingly supports enhanced border security and strengthened interior enforcement of our immigration laws. The results of these polls further undermine the arguments of amnesty advocates who claim that the American people want "comprehensive" immigration reform.

American Renaissance News: Polls Reaffirm Americans Support Immigration Enforcement
No wonder LaRaza, et al. are so desperate.
Nearly all of us support it, but unfortunately those who represent us do not seem to be listening.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:14 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,932 times
These are the same Americans that supported invading Iraq by 70-80%, and we know how well that has turned out. For years, migrants both legal and illegal came across our borders. Then politicians got ahold of this issue and Americans developed a problem they didn't know existed. Immigration reform dictated and implemented by my government, the same one that has blundered through the last decade? No thank you.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
These are the same Americans that supported invading Iraq by 70-80%, and we know how well that has turned out. For years, migrants both legal and illegal came across our borders. Then politicians got ahold of this issue and Americans developed a problem they didn't know existed. Immigration reform dictated and implemented by my government, the same one that has blundered through the last decade? No thank you.
And you know this because I never supported the war in Iraq and I know at least a hundred others who are against this invasion that were against the invasion of Iraq as well. To pretend that you know that every American that is against this illegal alien invasion was for the invasion of Iraq is totally ridiculous.

We don't need "immigration reform". We need to: fine and jail employers of illegals; rescind the 14th amendment, cut off ALL freebies to illegals (including those with anchors), conduct massive raids, and deportations and post armed guards around the entire circumference of our southern border. Cut off all foreign aid to countries with illegal alien nationals living in the US. Those who are not swept up in the raids and deportations but remain in this country illegally, when caught should be jailed for no less than 10 years.

Once we've done all of the aforementioned, all we will need to do in the future is swiftly and without exception enforce the current laws on the books.

Problem solved.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-02-2009 at 04:29 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
Quote:
You must be really young (probably a college student).

How many amnesties do you think America has given to illegals? Opponents of illegal immigration has been trying to get Washington to secure the borders and stop illegal immigration for 30+ years. You have no idea what you are talking about when you say the problem never existed and that it is only the politicians.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
You must be really young (probably a college student).

How many amnesties do you think America has given to illegals? Opponents of illegal immigration has been trying to get Washington to secure the borders and stop illegal immigration for 30+ years. You have no idea what you are talking about when you say the problem never existed and that it is only the politicians.
Bingo. I couldn't agree more. As usual, great post, sorry I can't rep you yet, gotta spread a lil love first.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
That is right, illegals (because who has a problem with legal immigrants? Noone that I know of) have been crossing at will for decades. That is a lot of people - uneducated and unskilled - millions in fact. I mean, what is a few hundred thousand in the grand scheme of things? Nothing, and that is why most americans really did not care about this issue up until this point. However, now that the numbers have built up to an unmanageable amount plus the illegals themselves have developed a sense of entitlement that would rival any teenagers well....citizens have woken up and realized just what has been going on. And aren't happy about it.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Looking at just the economy: it is past time for the illegal alien 'hired help' to leave and take their US born Anchors with them.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
If we cannot enforce our border than we need to either clean up the bogus American by birth gps lat/lon cake walk and shut down social services to those that stampede into your Country illegally. Jobs are hard to come by yet they stream in. What does that tell us? They will take something over nothing (jobs).

Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Of course, you're quite right....Americans were perfectly happy with illegal immigration, until those miserable POLITICIANS started stirring things up! Why we EVER let these shameless, troublemaking publicity-hogs turn us against our 'guests' is beyond ME.

As far as I'm concerned, the ILLEGALS should stay (I wasn't even aware we HAD any, until last Tuesday), and the POLITICIANS should be deported...after serving TWO consecutive life sentences for FIRST DEGREE SLEAZINESS !!

SHAME on politicians for causing this upheaval !!!

(Side Note: I never advocated invading Iraq by 70 to 80%....I only wanted to invade HALF of it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration