Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,949 times

Advertisements

As border security gets tighter to avoid more illegal immigration, cartels are paying more money to corrupt U.S. border patrol and bring in the drugs for Americans.

Yahoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 AM

100 posts, read 446,721 times
This is nothing that hasn't already been going on since the 90's (I'm from the Rio Grande Valley), it's just that back then people kept real hush hush about it. Just this past year they are barely starting to report all the drive-bys and gang murders going on when 2-3 years ago you wouldn't find none of that in the papers even though it was happening. At my high school (about 4-5 years ago), two kids got jumped in the parking lot, stabbed and beaten with bats...NOTHING on the news about it. McHi is one step away from getting metal detectors installed. What bothers me most is people who literally had little to no interest in what was going on down there are suddenly claiming to be experts on what's going on now that it's all over the news. Even if you live in Houston or Dallas you're still far from understanding what's going on down there. Sorry for the rant, but I just got a little bit fired up lol.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:37 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,418,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As border security gets tighter to avoid more illegal immigration, cartels are paying more money to corrupt U.S. border patrol and bring in the drugs for Americans.

Yahoo!
What does this have to do with illegal immigration Shouldn't this be in the Mexico Forum? [/end sarcasm]

That being said, unlike the mexicans and IA's that frequent this forum and defend the indefensible, Americans are fully aware of and have admitted on several occasions that there is corruption within the ranks of our government and law enforcement agencies. Unlike mexicans, we are NOT in denial nor are we defensive of that reality. After all money and power corrupts.

I think its safe to say that the real problem that Americans have with all of this is that the mexican government continues to expect/demand the US to save mexico while condoning the lawlessness and chaos created by millions of it's illegal alien nationals invading America, further corrupting and bankrupting our country and bringing it's multitude of previously unheard of 3rd world culture of heinous crimes, tax draining birth rates, poverty and other dysfunctional culturally embedded burdens with them.

Quote:
'A hidden grave was found with at least five lifeless male bodies that had been shot by armed men who had taken them hostage earlier,' the office of public security in Ciudad Juarez said.
Police did not rule out the possibility of uncovering more bodies near the grave, located in the outskirts of this city of 1.3 million, which has emerged as the country's most violent with upwards of 1,600 killings in 2008.
More than 1,000 people have been killed so far this year in suspected drug attacks amid the government's crackdown on warring cartels, particularly in and around Ciudad Juarez, a major distribution center for drugs bound for the United States.
Last year saw more than 5,300 drug-related killings in Mexico.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_350368.html

Quote:
1. $11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

2. $2.2 billion a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 billion a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 billion a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

5. $17 billion a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 million a day is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30 percent percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.
http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2009/04/17/opinion/letters/doc49e7d9ac1cfc0749615348.txt (broken link)
Your statement should read:

Quote:
As border security gets tighter to avoid more illegal immigration, MEXICAN drug cartels are paying more money to corrupt U.S. border patrol and bring in the drugs for [insert name of mexican American gang] to sell.
ETA: Glad to see this is officially the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION thread. I think its a great idea. Thanks Mods!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-23-2009 at 05:03 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 AM

9 posts, read 17,774 times
Insert African Americans and White Americans. They buy it from Mexicans too.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times
Yeah I believe it's hippocrisy to say that Mexico is the dysfunctional country, or the corrupt country when corruption in the USA is rampant, the way of handling things of both governments has been shameful, are these the leaders we deserve? Perhaps.

At least more and more people are getting aware that the biggest drug dealers and human traffickers in the world are our governments.

imho the blame, the anger, and the demands should rest on them and their accomplices.

They let these 2 problems grew to epic proportions, and now the 2 are interweaved.

Now for some reflection:

Dr. Hamilton Wright is the man who initiated the war on drugs, we should thank him for the ever growing crime and power of the cartels, if it wasn't for his "bright" idea we shouldn't be facing these problems right now, this Dr was a racist man who despised african americans, and his rationale to make drugs illegal was racist.

here is an article written by this "Dr" justifying making drugs illegal, please go to the last parragraph the one that says.

"It is really more appalling in its effect than any other habit-forming drug in use in the United States. In the South the use of cocaine among the lower order of .....

Uncle Sam is the Worst Drug Fiend in the World, NY Times, March 12, 1911

And see for yourself the thoughts of this man, the father of prohibition.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:46 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,352,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post

Yahoo!
Yet another reason why we need to legalize ALL drugs (even those awful ones that kill junkies...who cares if a junky ODs anyways?) and produce them in this country. Take the unlimited income stream away from the cartels and they wont have the means to bribe border officers or even the need to do so. Without business to do in the US, the cartels will no longer bother us. I can see the San Ysidro border crossing from my office, so this really affects me. I don't want those murderers coming over the border and shooting at me, I want them gone. The junkies already have their stuff, so why not make money off it, and take the money away from criminal gangs?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:06 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,854,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Yet another reason why we need to legalize ALL drugs (even those awful ones that kill junkies...who cares if a junky ODs anyways?) and produce them in this country. Take the unlimited income stream away from the cartels and they wont have the means to bribe border officers or even the need to do so. Without business to do in the US, the cartels will no longer bother us. I can see the San Ysidro border crossing from my office, so this really affects me. I don't want those murderers coming over the border and shooting at me, I want them gone. The junkies already have their stuff, so why not make money off it, and take the money away from criminal gangs?
Certainly. Then, let's allow all heroin, meth, cocaine and PCP users to roam free in society and see what happens afterwards.

Good thinking there.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Certainly. Let's allow all heroin, meth, cocaine and PCP users to roam free in the streets and then see what happens.

Good thinking there.
Meth especially is evil incarnate----------I hope to God that junk remains illegal.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Certainly. Then, let's allow all heroin, meth, cocaine and PCP users to roam free in society and see what happens afterwards.

Good thinking there.
Why not? That's what I'd do.

NOT

Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times
Quote:

Good thinking there.
Well they should be allowed to roam free if they don't engage in criminal behavior, if they do then arrest them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration