Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Illegal immigrants and rapists? That's an odd comparison. They are people here trying to work cheaply to provide for their family. Not pyschologically and physically destroying people. That's what I'm talking about.
REALLY?!!!

http://darksideofillegalimmigration.com/

Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
What about those here already?
I'f they are spending my money...........GONE To think otherwise just supports the parasite synonym.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
that could be said about most CDF posts or TV or radio. calling people out bek you dont like their posts is dramatic.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Think about it in more "Human Rights" terms...
Which human rights do you refer too? I am quite certain that illegal immigration is not considered a human right.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
What about those here already?
Said illegals need to be evicted and if that means 'splitting up' families----------oh well.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
OK this is exactly what I'm talking about!!! Collectively they aren't going around in murderous droves. Yet, people want to paint a picture a certain way. This tactic was done for the Jews, the Japanese (during interment), and others. I feel that a look into the sociological aspects of crime is needed.

Granted it's hard to view crime from both an individual POV and look at the greater aspects. But, I think that looking at each individual crime and how other crimes relate is needed.

With that said, a look at what the average illegal immigrant does is needed. The average illegal immigrant pays taxes (a majority pay taxes). The average illegal immigrant will not commit a crime. The average illegal immigrant is under educated and makes less than 30k a year for an average family size of roughly 4-6 people. Hence I call out over dramatization. Most posts go beyond the norm. Like the "illegal crime wave". If it somehow related to the average...then I would take it more seriously.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
OK this is exactly what I'm talking about!!! Collectively they aren't going around in murderous droves. Yet, people want to paint a picture a certain way. This tactic was done for the Jews, the Japanese (during interment), and others. I feel that a look into the sociological aspects of crime is needed.

Granted it's hard to view crime from both an individual POV and look at the greater aspects. But, I think that looking at each individual crime and how other crimes relate is needed.

With that said, a look at what the average illegal immigrant does is needed. The average illegal immigrant pays taxes (a majority pay taxes). The average illegal immigrant will not commit a crime. The average illegal immigrant is under educated and makes less than 30k a year for an average family size of roughly 4-6 people. Hence I call out over dramatization. Most posts go beyond the norm. Like the "illegal crime wave". If it somehow related to the average...then I would take it more seriously.
Irrelevant:

The 'Japanese' Americans, German Jews, etc. were citizens of their respective nations and were treated as criminals due to things they had no control/influence over-----------their 'ethnicity'.

Whereas illegal aliens came to the USA on their own free will.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant:

The 'Japanese' Americans, German Jews, etc. were citizens of their respective nations and were treated as criminals due to things they had no control/influence over-----------their 'ethnicity'.

Whereas illegal aliens came to the USA on their own free will.
Quite relevant, portraying a group of people in a stereotypical fashion. Creating a caricature instead of giving more human and normal attributes.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Do you think that some of what is said on here is needlessly dramatic at times? Many threads are over generalized, dramatic, and doesn't aim at creating a viable solution. Instead they tend to polarize and incite an emotional reaction. What do you think? Also, do you think that ultimately the way to solve illegal immigration is not via some sort of comprimise (be it with illegal immigrants and/or those for illegal immigrant/immigrant rights).
The drama is most on the pro-illegal side. Take a look at their arguments:

If we go home to Mexico we will surely die! Our children will starve to death.

Americans won't work so there has to be unlimited illegal immigration.

Food prices would rise if it weren't for 40 million illegals keeping food prices at rock bottom (forget the lettuce you saw going for $1.50 a head, you're not supposed to notice the prices of food are very high).

Repatriating people to their own country is just like what Nazis did.

These people only come because no one in Mexico has a good life, no amount of hard work or study or responsibility in Mexico will accomplish a single thing, only the USA offers any chance, people in Mexico are starving to death. They have no schools, no jobs, no hope at all.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Think about it in more "Human Rights" terms...
Americans found illegally in Mexico are sent back to the USA. There's no "human rights" about it at all.

In reality, Mexico is the 12th wealthiest nation in the world with nationalized health care, fine universities, many tuition-free for the citizens of that country. Mexico has a growing middle class and in fact any Mexican citizen can attend public schools, study hard, obtain job skills, delay the birth of children until after obtaining the education, work skills, jobs and then limit family size to what he/she can afford. The same traits that are needed to make it to middle class in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration