Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,859 times

Advertisements

this doesnt give exact percentages. or too many numbers. thats always suspect.

but it says that half of the 16 million hispanic children have at least one immigrant parent.

should we assume the other parent is not an immigrant?

well then, even then that wouldnt end birthright citizenship for them.

the senator who last introduced a bill to change this, crafted the language to state that if a child has at least one citizen parent then they are citizens. (maybe because only one of his parents was a citizen at the time of his birth )

Old 05-29-2009, 06:06 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,859 times
which is what might just happen.

it already happens actually.

so the people that most assume are illegal, actually have papers.

you just NEVER know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The children could always come back to the US as adults.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM

804 posts, read 1,362,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Funny thing is that the babies of illegal aliens, just due to sheer numbers, are going to be a very politically attractive group in a few years, I wonder if they will hold in high regard the politicians/political groups that deported their parents? (Of course, if that ever happens) Or, will they support the politicians/political group that legalized their parents? (If that is the case)

And of course, I can't help but wonder about the political preference of the people, including the current illegal aliens, that those U.S. citizens are going to bring.

How many "anchor" babies are there now?

Old 05-29-2009, 06:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Funny thing is that the babies of illegal aliens, just due to sheer numbers, are going to be a very politically attractive group in a few years, I wonder if they will hold in high regard the politicians/political groups that deported their parents? (Of course, if that ever happens) Or, will they support the politicians/political group that legalized their parents? (If that is the case)

And of course, I can't help but wonder about the political preference of the people, including the current illegal aliens, that those U.S. citizens are going to bring.

Flip side: as the anger against illegal aliens grows--------------quite a few of the Anchors still left here in the USA will keep their collective mouths shut for their own personal safety.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:

Judging by their high dropout rate, they will most likely be among the ranks of the apathetic. They probably won’t even know who is running for president.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM

50,483 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Judging by their high dropout rate, they will most likely be among the ranks of the apathetic. They probably won’t even know who is running for president.
As past elections have proven, the poor and uneducated don't vote.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Flip side: as the anger against illegal aliens grows--------------quite a few of the Anchors still left here in the USA will keep their collective mouths shut for their own personal safety.
Yeah, but they still get to vote even if they are far away. I would also doubt that the things would get so bad that U.S. citizens fear for their personal safety just because they are the children of illegal aliens. Hell, if it gets that bad, I'll bail too, the respect for the law that is held on such high regard here would have to be really low for a large group like that to fear for their personal safety.

Even though I am lighter than your average Hispanic, I do have an accent... specially when pronouncing chocolate, and crocodile.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 PM

50,483 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:

We can't count the Illegals, how can we count the anchors? Since 1960 or so before all the amnesties and other crap we've resorted to as last resorts I'd say the number of anchors is probably in the tens of millions. That's a hell of a way to shape a Country. Importing poverty isn't exactly the road to success for a Nation.
Simply change our policies on social services and our 'immigrants' will change with it.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
We can't count the Illegals, how can we count the anchors? Since 1960 or so before all the amnesties and other crap we've resorted to as last resorts I'd say the number of anchors is probably in the tens of millions. That's a hell of a way to shape a Country. Importing poverty isn't exactly the road to success for a Nation.
Simply change our policies on social services and our 'immigrants' will change with it.
In all fairness: many of the older Anchors may be against any sort of amnesty for today's crop of insolent DREAMies----------the latter would be a net liability.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
1AngryTaxPayer,

I actually support you on this one, if this gets done you know that the ones that stay and the ones that come after that are not here for such social services, are here to work and study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.