Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Funny thing is that the babies of illegal aliens, just due to sheer numbers, are going to be a very politically attractive group in a few years, I wonder if they will hold in high regard the politicians/political groups that deported their parents? (Of course, if that ever happens) Or, will they support the politicians/political group that legalized their parents? (If that is the case)

And of course, I can't help but wonder about the political preference of the people, including the current illegal aliens, that those U.S. citizens are going to bring.

How many "anchor" babies are there now?
The democrats are hispandering and pushing amnesty for the sole purpose of anchoring the illegal alien vote.

That being said, in addition to out-breeding everyone else in America, they have the highest drop out rate in the US. There's not a lot of power in numbers when the majority of your constituents can't read a ballot.
Quote:
Despite some success, Hispanic dropout rates trouble area schools

Commission officials say that an initial enrollment number gain that seemed positive was quickly washed away by population surge.
"Hispanics will continue to be the fastest-growing demographic in Texas. Unless the numbers change, the state will be unable to field a well-educated work force," said Raymund Paredes, higher education commissioner for Texas, in a written statement to the press.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,583,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The democrats are hispandering and pushing amnesty for the sole purpose of anchoring the illegal alien vote.

That being said, in addition to out-breeding everyone else in America, they have the highest drop out rate in the US. There's not a lot of power in numbers when the majority of your constituents can't read a ballot.
How true. Not even in Spanish.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 PM

486 posts, read 985,067 times
This is the first few lines of the article and I'm quoting:
"More than half of the 16 million Hispanic children in the United States have at least one immigrant parent, a report released Thursday said"

Now, how does that make them ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? It says immigrant, not illegal immigrant.

then it says: "The Pew Hispanic Center estimated less than 10 percent of Hispanic children are living in the United States illegally. But many of them are the children of parents who are in the country illegally."

So it says MANY, it doesn't say anywhere that half of them are from illegal immigrants, it says half are from at least 1 immigrant parent.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Judging by their high dropout rate, they will most likely be among the ranks of the apathetic. They probably won’t even know who is running for president.
In general I agree, but I suspect that that they will be motivated to vote for whoever promises them the most 'free stuff' paid for by the rest of us. To date, they have not exactly distinguished themselves with their intellectual prowess and madre and padre will not be capable of digging ditches until they are 65 so it seems to me that they will have a vested interest in voting in order to keep the government benefits flowing.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
This is the first few lines of the article and I'm quoting:
"More than half of the 16 million Hispanic children in the United States have at least one immigrant parent, a report released Thursday said"

Now, how does that make them ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS? It says immigrant, not illegal immigrant.

then it says: "The Pew Hispanic Center estimated less than 10 percent of Hispanic children are living in the United States illegally. But many of them are the children of parents who are in the country illegally."

So it says MANY, it doesn't say anywhere that half of them are from illegal immigrants, it says half are from at least 1 immigrant parent.
Remember though the media has a very nasty tendency to lump both legal immigrants and illegal aliens together as simply 'immigrants'.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
In general I agree, but I suspect that that they will be motivated to vote for whoever promises them the most 'free stuff' paid for by the rest of us. To date, they have not exactly distinguished themselves with their intellectual prowess and madre and padre will not be capable of digging ditches until they are 65 so it seems to me that they will have a vested interest in voting in order to keep the government benefits flowing.
That is quite plausible to me: using just Mexicans as our guinea pig; the ones who come here legally do tend to have a bit more upstairs whereas the illegal ones are losers.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:39 PM

223 posts, read 300,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is quite plausible to me: using just Mexicans as our guinea pig; the ones who come here legally do tend to have a bit more upstairs whereas the illegal ones are losers.
Losers? How arrogant.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Benicar -- Have you ever met educated Hispanics? If not, hi, I'm gf1025, hispanic with a Bachelor's degree and a very sucessful career. I sure as heck know who the candidates are and so do many of us, we read and follow the news no matter what level of education we have. So please spare me the prejudice.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Losers? How arrogant.
Illegal aliens as a group are criminals.

Criminals are losers as a group---------------period.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember though the media has a very nasty tendency to lump both legal immigrants and illegal aliens together as simply 'immigrants'.
That's called poor journalism then. Why are we basing what would otherwise be a valid discussion on poor journalistic work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.