Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,484 times

Advertisements

There are a few posters in this forum who consistently accuse any of us who oppose illegal immigration as being racist. Well, I can't speak for all of us, but I can definitely speak for myself.

Being opposed to illegal immigration does not automatically equate to racism. It's like taking 2 + 2 and coming up with 5.

Many of us, most especially myself, aren't concerned with the race or ethnicity of the people entering the U.S. illegally; instead, we're concerned with the impact that unchecked illegal immigration is having on this country. No matter how you spin it, unchecked illegal immigration has caused numerous problems and, if allowed to continue, will surely leave lasting scars on this country.

The U.S. cannot absorb the world's poor and desperate. To even attempt to do so is self-destructive. But even if we had the space and resources to take in tens of millions of poor from other countries, why would it be fair for the majority of those people to come from Mexico?

What I want to say to all of you who assume I'm racist because of my anti-illegal immigration stance is, you are dead wrong. Open your minds, expand your views, and get those chips off your shoulders. If you want to argue for mass illegal immigration from Mexico into the U.S., then argue for it. But please use logic and common sense. Don't just automatically label us all racists and start threads to give us hell.

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 06-04-2009 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URallRacist View Post
Well, then maybe some people on this forum should stop dehumanizing people of other countries and maybe they won't be labelled as racist. Can that even be tried???
I have not "dehumanized" anybody. I have stated my opinions on the impact that I've personally witnessed that illegal aliens from Mexico have made on the U.S. Were my opinions charitable? Hell no. Because what I've seen has been horrendous.

I see illegal aliens as human beings. But I also see the devastation that their presence in the U.S. is causing. That devastation has absolutely nothing to do with their race or ethnicity.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Well, then maybe some people on this forum should stop dehumanizing people of other countries and maybe they won't be labelled as racist. Can that even be tried???
Suffice to say: I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens------------irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity.

Legal immigrants are welcome here.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
We love everyone, regardless of race, who follows the law. We despise those, regardless of race, who feel that the law is merely "pesky" and shouldn't apply to them.

Illegal is just that....ILLEGAL. Why is it that difficult for some to understand?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
We love everyone, regardless of race, who follows the law. We despise those, regardless of race, who feel that the law is merely "pesky" and shouldn't apply to them.

Illegal is just that....ILLEGAL. Why is it that difficult for some to understand?
Some Trolls; despite their different nics will never get it.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohhh View Post
S-s-sound like a broken record player.
You say that, yet all of your posts are either about Hispanics, white supremacy, Mexicans, and usually all three.
That is probably because the vast majority of illegal alliens in the U.S. are Mexican/Hispanic.

With regard to White supremacy sentiments, I think many of you read some of these posts and perceive certain attitudes that just aren't there.

Yes, many of us are angry at Mexico and Mexicans right now because they are taking advantage of the U.S. and its citizens. But being angry doesn't mean we feel superior. We just feel used, abused, and frustrated.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohhh View Post
Speaking spanish isn't against the law. Having different opinions on immigration reform isn't against the law. Being a member of the National Council of La Raza isn't against the law. Being a member of Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund isn't against the law. Not agreeing with you guys in your rhetoric isn't against the law.

Do you love them too?
I don't agree with the stance of the pro-illegals, but as long as they are legally present in the U.S., they're fine and more than entitled to their opinions.

My problem is with those who have broken the law by entering or remaining in the United States in violation of statutes.

It's really very simple.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't agree with the stance of the pro-illegals, but as long as they are legally present in the U.S., they're fine and more than entitled to their opinions.

My problem is with those who have broken the law by entering or remaining in the United States in violation of statutes.

It's really very simple.
What about the illegals who have been able to regularize their status and are now legal?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Apperantly some of you are also angry at humanitarians that just don't want people to die. Did you read the thread titled Arizonan illegal alien enabler faces jailtime . This is what I mean by dehumanizing people.
I have no problem with setting water out in the desert for illegal aliens-----------with a Border Patrol stakeout nearby.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,925 times
Quote:
Apperantly some of you are also angry at humanitarians that just don't want people to die. Did you read the thread titled Arizonan illegal alien enabler faces jailtime . This is what I mean by dehumanizing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration