Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM

807 posts, read 1,306,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Access to City programs.......hahahahaha the tickets to the freebies await.
For real.. It's like a "Golden Ticket"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 PM

85 posts, read 137,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Here's what Newsom's site for governor said about immigration. I'm so happy I'm on the other side of the county.

Sanctuary City Policy: San Francisco’s sanctuary city policy, going back nearly 30 years and five San Francisco mayors, serves primarily to protect public safety. The policy is designed to maintain public health and safety by reassuring the city's undocumented residents that they can call for police or fire department assistance or seek emergency medical help without fear of being deported.
City ID Card: Mayor Newsom launched the San Francisco City ID Card program, which offers residents a photo identification card that streamlines access to city programs and connects residents to local businesses. The ID card makes it easier for all San Franciscans to see a doctor, open a bank account and enroll their kids in preschool.
I can see my SF doctor anytime I want -- as long as I pay for the appointment like the rest of us natives.

See why I'd move out of California if Newsom became Governor? He'd make California and Mexico "sister" states.

BTW, a big reason why California is in this mess is due to the countless propositions that the voters approve. Did anyone think about how we are going to pay for these wonderful programs? This causes the government to borrow to get out of debt, year after year, until its current near collapse.

There is plenty of blame to go around; it's not all Arnold's fault. We desperately need a governor (political affiliation not important) who can get fiscal control whether or not it's popular and truly look out for its citizens. Arnold's got to be living in a vacuum if he doesn't think the illegal alien situation is a huge problem.

The voters have spoken, and they'll be ever louder for the gubernatorial races.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,438,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
I can see my SF doctor anytime I want -- as long as I pay for the appointment like the rest of us natives.

See why I'd move out of California if Newsom became Governor? He'd make California and Mexico "sister" states.

BTW, a big reason why California is in this mess is due to the countless propositions that the voters approve. Did anyone think about how we are going to pay for these wonderful programs? This causes the government to borrow to get out of debt, year after year, until its current near collapse.

There is plenty of blame to go around; it's not all Arnold's fault. We desperately need a governor (political affiliation not important) who can get fiscal control whether or not it's popular and truly look out for its citizens. Arnold's got to be living in a vacuum if he doesn't think the illegal alien situation is a huge problem.

The voters have spoken, and they'll be ever louder for the gubernatorial races.
I don't know how you all can stand it there. I couldn't stand working in the IA sanctuary known as Chicago anymore. Thankfully I found a job near my home. I wouldn't live there if they paid me a million a year for doing so. As it is, I've gone out of my way to learn the skill of skirting customer service prompts before they start babbling in espanol.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 06-11-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration