Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,399,421 times

Advertisements

This is one reason I'm leaving California. So, if anyone out there is thinking of moving here...I strongly urge you to think again ! Sorry to offend any anti-american or illegal groups out there.

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington . The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.

Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be 'redistributed' to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the 'fray'. Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.

If this ticks YOU off...PASS IT ON!
Attached Thumbnails
Mexifornia...This is what California  is becoming !-montibello1.jpg   Mexifornia...This is what California  is becoming !-montibello2jpg.jpg   Mexifornia...This is what California  is becoming !-montibello3.jpg   Mexifornia...This is what California  is becoming !-montibello4jpg.jpg  

Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,704,357 times
Default Another Hoax until I checked the School Web Site

I thought this was a hoax until I checked the schools web site at:

http://www.montebello.k12.ca.us/

Per the School, NO Montebello Students were involved and the campus was under lock-down at the time.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:11 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
I certainly didn't find that "heart-stopping"... Go to any big city (and some small ones), and you'll see flags of all different nationalities flying proudly - but I guess only the Mexican ones get people like you in a tizzle, huh? And I realize the US flag was upside-down, though I still think it's only the Mexican flag's presence that you care about.

P.S. This should be in the immigration forum, as it says very clearly at the top of this forum.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM

30,364 posts, read 51,976,363 times
P.P.S. There are people who are neither "anti-American" nor "pro-illegal", in case you aren't aware... some of us love this country & EVERYONE who lives here, including the immigrants. I won't say the illegal immigration isn't a problem, but it doesn't anger or worry me for the same reasons that you might feel. And if you didn't want to live near Mexican immigrants, why live in CALIFORNIA to begin with? In case you haven't noticed, we do share a border with them, so it's only logical that we'd have some spill-over. Do you think Swiss people are surprised to have a lot of Italian and German neighbors?

Old 05-26-2007, 03:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.P.S. There are people who are neither "anti-American" nor "pro-illegal", in case you aren't aware... some of us love this country & EVERYONE who lives here, including the immigrants. I won't say the illegal immigration isn't a problem, but it doesn't anger or worry me for the same reasons that you might feel. And if you didn't want to live near Mexican immigrants, why live in CALIFORNIA to begin with? In case you haven't noticed, we do share a border with them, so it's only logical that we'd have some spill-over. Do you think Swiss people are surprised to have a lot of Italian and German neighbors?
Do their Italian and German neighbors reside illegally in Switzerland?

Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,645,260 times
I totally sympathize tkdmom. I am in Texas, and fear the whole southwest is fast going down the same trail--unless or until we as LEGAL US CITIZENS wake up.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:13 PM

10,183 posts, read 11,171,567 times
I left Kansas for this same reason. They are taking over towns. SO, I understand why some feel the way they do. I lived in an average sized town, Not a city and I can tell you, it's happening everywhere. Some people who are for these people need to wake up and realize these illegals are invading our country and demanding we accept them, their language which is now being enforced upon us. It's discusting.

If they come here the right way, become citizens like other immigrants have done so, then that's different. These people are INVADING........

Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,978 times
Default Is your intent to be against immigrants or Mexicans?

Stop and think for a moment... How is how those students are acting in the US any different (in the general sense) from how the US acts in its foreign policy? It seems to be a case of "we'll do what we want, and try to stop us". At least the Mexicans are not building over a dozen permanent military bases and the world's largest embassy in the US (as we have done in Iraq).

I personally do not agree with what those students were doing, but I don't really think that it is "heart stopping footage" or "the death nail in the coffin" on immigration reform.

Overall I think that immigration is a healthy, positive thing for the country. I am basing that on a wealth of economic research as well as personal experience (besides, the bible says that we should help the poor, and allowing immigrants into the US greatly alleviates world poverty). I think that many of the people who say that immigration will cause (or has caused) massive problems are the same folks who predicted Saddam had WMD and that we would be greeted as Liberators with flowers and love in Iraq.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,680,286 times
I do agree that immigration is a healthy positive thing for the United States. Of course, when we are discussing illegal aliens we are not talking about immigration. Illegal aliens are not immigrants. We are talking about an invasion of our country by an army of illegals. Immigrants are law abiding people who come to America to assimilate into our culture and become part of the very fabric of our nation. Illegal aliens are criminals, every single one of them. And they pick and choose which laws they will obey. The nice ones only violate our border, steal a job, steal a social security number, not pay taxes, drive without a license or insurance and steal medical care from our emergency rooms. The not so nice ones will murder, rape and deal/transport drugs as well as a host of other nasty crimes.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,851,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I do agree that immigration is a healthy positive thing for the United States. Of course, when we are discussing illegal aliens we are not talking about immigration. Illegal aliens are not immigrants. We are talking about an invasion of our country by an army of illegals. Immigrants are law abiding people who come to America to assimilate into our culture and become part of the very fabric of our nation. Illegal aliens are criminals, every single one of them. And they pick and choose which laws they will obey. The nice ones only violate our border, steal a job, steal a social security number, not pay taxes, drive without a license or insurance and steal medical care from our emergency rooms. The not so nice ones will murder, rape and deal/transport drugs as well as a host of other nasty crimes.
Good post Hawkeye!

The American flag is never to be flown upside down, and never lower to any other flag. To do so is to show disrespect for our flag, for our nation. This is the same blatant disrespect the illegal aliens show for our laws and our customs. And yet somehow we are supposed to shrug it off and turn a blind eye to their antics? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.