Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I a law that legalized all illegal aliens was passed. Will you welcome the new legal immigrants into
Yes, I would welcome them. 24 27.91%
No, I would not welcome them. 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:38 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times

Advertisements

and was this the case with the people two houses over? whatabout the house 3 lots over?

you know of one instance. why would that make it a fact for the rest of the neighborhood where YOU live.

by your logic, someone might very well ASSume YOU were illegal. you do live among them after all.

i repeat, there is no way to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
My wife worked with people who were involved/related to people in that house. One of the girls she worked with had a boyfriend who lived in that house, and he got deported twice in the 2 years I lived there. Each time he was deported, she would come to work with her sob story, and both times he was back within a month. All but 2-3 people in that house were illegal, and that is fact, not speculation.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:55 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
and was this the case with the people two houses over? whatabout the house 3 lots over?

you know of one instance. why would that make it a fact for the rest of the neighborhood where YOU live.

by your logic, someone might very well ASSume YOU were illegal. you do live among them after all.

i repeat, there is no way to tell.
You're right. With 20 million+ illegals in this country, it's better to assume they're all legal.

See, that's the funny thing about a stereotype....even though it's not "politcally correct", it's true more often then not. When I'm surrounded by people who can not even make simple communications in English, I'm assuming they did not pass the citizenship exam. Sue me.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Yes

I mean, they have already lived here for years... many of them are already our friends, and our children`s friends.
Maybe you and yours but not mine or me. Generalize much?

Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
point beng that i wouldnt know who is or who isnt.

how would i know they are "leeches"? or on any social programs. what if the programs are for their kids? should i also look down on women recieving WIC? food stamps?

i got other problems to worry about in my neighborhood. if a neighbor is respectable and clean then i wont focus on them...
Actually, yes...most women do not need WIC or so many of the other idiot programs out there that take our tax money and give it to people who can't control their urges or even take care of themselves. WIC is another ignorant program. If one gets food stamps then one doesn't need WIC. If one can't or doesn't receive food stamps then one doesn't need WIC. I am also sick of the free breakfasts and lunches for kids also. Thier damn parents should feed them.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
If illegal immigrants are using up social servive programs that are supposed to be for certain Americans then those people are being hugely effected by illegals. People on these threads are always talking about how illegals are harming people in this country. So to get a better understanding of the consequences of illegal immigration please tell me who the illegals are taking welfare benefits away from. I think my question is appropriate for this forum "SIMPLE MAN"
Get a grip! Illegals steal from each and every citizen in this country. If you don't believe that then you are the one who doesn't understand illegals and the problems they cause in this country.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I never said that they needed to, but he says he doesn't like his neighbourhood. He can stay, maybe some people like the rooster in the morning so they can move in. If I don't like where I'm living, I move.

If a bunch of people came over to mine who I don't like my family hanging out with I would move. Again, what would you do if you go out to those families, and find out that they are not illegal aliens, they just happened to have migrated through family migration.

And besides, how are these uneducated individual, that come form such poor background able to afford the same houses that you guys can afford. Paying for a $600-700K is not that easy even if you pile a bunch of people in there, specially when they do not have financial stability.
Not every damn person can afford to move. I see it doesn't bother you that illegals are taking over neighborhoods though. It figures.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
ok, so you dont want children to be fed. children who live below the poverty line. children with single mothers.

thats just sad. we still have a hunger problem in this country. and with these economic times lines at food banks have doubled and tripled. people need food. i have no problem with my taxes goign to subsidize breakfast and lunch programs at schools.

its sad you think like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Actually, yes...most women do not need WIC or so many of the other idiot programs out there that take our tax money and give it to people who can't control their urges or even take care of themselves. WIC is another ignorant program. If one gets food stamps then one doesn't need WIC. If one can't or doesn't receive food stamps then one doesn't need WIC. I am also sick of the free breakfasts and lunches for kids also. Thier damn parents should feed them.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
ok, so you dont want children to be fed. children who live below the poverty line. children with single mothers.

thats just sad. we still have a hunger problem in this country. and with these economic times lines at food banks have doubled and tripled. people need food. i have no problem with my taxes goign to subsidize breakfast and lunch programs at schools.

OK, so you have trouble with reading comprehension...taking that into account, you know damn good and well that you flat out LIED in your post about what I said. But then illegal lovers tend to do such things.

If a parents or parent get food stamps then they are able to feed their children and the taxpayers do not need to shell out even more money to pay for food when their own parents don't feed them. I say...take the children away from their parents who refuse to feed their own children and then the government should take care of them. Why is it that you always back people who refuse to accept responsibility for themselves and responsibility for their familis? Oh well, it must be what it is to be socially liberal.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 06-23-2009 at 07:25 PM..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:

Then get out your wallet BLOW HARD and donate to some Agencies that will assist "your Illegal Alien" contacts. What makes you think any one of us LEGAL citizens has the money to shell out cash to anyone else, especially people coming here to plunder our social services set up for Americans? Take your beef up with the Mexican Govt. Not our problem for long.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:

I for 1 have no issue with the WIC program being used to support US citizens or legal immigrants. The illegals do have an option you fail to mention. They can turn themselves in and be fed on the taxpayers dime right up until we deport them.
Don't be so dramatic no one needs to starve. They need only man up to their crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration