Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,853,317 times

Advertisements

The past week has seen many children across the country victimized by illegal aliens

Be warned, the above article my disgust those opposed to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 04:43 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Again, what do crimes of this nature have to do with illegal immigration? So if I post of crime of a guy in Montana raping a 12 year old is that a case against people in Montana? Or is that a case that person should have never been born. If the guy is a redhead, is it a case against redheads? The verdict is still out whether or not illegals commit crimes at a higher level. We know that crime was lowest at the height of illegal immigration. We know that the economy influences crime. We know that Hispanics, are about at the national average in terms of incarceration rates (ALL Hispanics). We know that immigrants (regardless of legality) commit less violent crimes than the national average. So I ask what does this UNIQUELY have to do with illegal immigration as a WHOLE. Simply saying that if the person were not here the crime would not have happened is a horrible argument. If all criminals were aborted, then we would not have crime...it's the same logic (if the criminal wasn't here, the crime would not have happened). So that's the question I pose, what do these atrocious stories have ANYTHING to do with illegal immigration?

Old 06-14-2009, 04:50 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,853,317 times
Quote:
So that's the question I pose, what do these atrocious stories have ANYTHING to do with illegal immigration?
Perhaps, it's a result of the failure of the US government to properly secure our own borders while the Mexican government, ethnocentricists, big businesses and other pro-illegals advocate political correctness and amnesty over our own national security.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:53 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Perhaps, it's a result of the failure of the US government to properly secure our own borders while the Mexican government, ethnocentricists, big businesses and other pro-illegals advocate political correctness and amnesty over our own national security.
Again, this relates to "if the criminal were not here, then it would not happen." This logic can be generalized for EVERY criminal. So I pose again the same question.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Again, this relates to "if the criminal were not here, then it would not happen." This logic can be generalized for EVERY criminal. So I pose again the same question.
There would be fewer crimes if we had fewer illegal aliens to start with.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Again, what do crimes of this nature have to do with illegal immigration? So if I post of crime of a guy in Montana raping a 12 year old is that a case against people in Montana? Or is that a case that person should have never been born. If the guy is a redhead, is it a case against redheads? The verdict is still out whether or not illegals commit crimes at a higher level. We know that crime was lowest at the height of illegal immigration. We know that the economy influences crime. We know that Hispanics, are about at the national average in terms of incarceration rates (ALL Hispanics). We know that immigrants (regardless of legality) commit less violent crimes than the national average. So I ask what does this UNIQUELY have to do with illegal immigration as a WHOLE. Simply saying that if the person were not here the crime would not have happened is a horrible argument. If all criminals were aborted, then we would not have crime...it's the same logic (if the criminal wasn't here, the crime would not have happened). So that's the question I pose, what do these atrocious stories have ANYTHING to do with illegal immigration?
In other words, we should ignore crimes being committed by illegal aliens. We shouldn’t even categorize our crimes according to citizen/non-citizen. After all, we will always have violent criminals in our midst, so what the heck. We should simply embrace all illegal aliens, and take the good with the bad. We shouldn’t even be upset that foreigners can invade our country and victimize our citizens. Do I understand you correctly?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, we should ignore crimes being committed by illegal aliens. We shouldn’t even categorize our crimes according to citizen/non-citizen. After all, we will always have violent criminals in our midst, so what the heck. We should simply embrace all illegal aliens, and take the good with the bad. We shouldn’t even be upset that foreigners can invade our country and victimize our citizens. Do I understand you correctly?
The poster's words you quoted speak for themselves.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM

706 posts, read 940,616 times
"So that's the question I pose, what do these atrocious stories have ANYTHING to do with illegal immigration?"

Ok....I'll take a shot at this........

These were crimes against children committed by illegal aliens ?

Was I close ?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
I really find it hard to believe you can possibly back any part of a situation that is leaving American upside down. Are you an Illegal Alien? Do you have Illegal relatives?

Like relatives of prisoners that love them no matter what crime they have committed I can try to understand but this is nonsense. You don't know these criminals so why would you try to down play their crimes and their role in this mess we have now! They are here illegally, that is a crime. These other crimes could not have been committed had we been able to oust the criminals before other crimes had taken place.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,484 times
Quote:
It really doesn't matter what is said about illegal aliens...when you are presented with facts, you spin them into being unfair and biased.

Your posts are becoming irrelevant. In your incessant (and questionable) need to defend illegals at all costs, your arguments are becoming fallacious and desperate.

What is is that makes you falsely see illegal aliens as victims? Did I miss something way back? Are you Mexican? Are you related to an illegal alien? Are you an immigrant yourself (legal or illegal)? Do you hate America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration