Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 PM

770 posts, read 3,686,281 times

Advertisements

We have talked here and there about illegal immigrants and their status in NC. Well this article is a must read. It was in the NY times, page one is not soo bad, but once you get to page 2 you are going to be seeing red. Illegal immigrants are filing their taxes, about time...but as you read onto page two, most of them are getting a refund, and did you know they can claim the kids they have in Mexico as dependents!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/ny...erland&emc=rss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,092,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
We have talked here and there about illegal immigrants and their status in NC. Well this article is a must read. It was in the NY times, page one is not soo bad, but once you get to page 2 you are going to be seeing red. Illegal immigrants are filing their taxes, about time...but as you read onto page two, most of them are getting a refund, and did you know they can claim the kids they have in Mexico as dependents!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/ny...erland&emc=rss
I also encourage everyone to read the "Fun Invader Facts" in the immigration forum.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 AM

648 posts, read 2,985,493 times
I didn't read the article, but from what I gather, illegal immigrants are paying taxes by the letter of the American tax code, as they should, and we're still complaining...

Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,703,888 times
Thanks for the link!
I am very glad I read it, appreciate it,

Old 04-17-2007, 08:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
I didn't read the article, but from what I gather, illegal immigrants are paying taxes by the letter of the American tax code, as they should, and we're still complaining...
Not all of them, and did you know that they can legally claim 12 and have almost no federal and state income tax taken out?

Old 04-17-2007, 08:42 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Less than a quarter of all illegals in the country pay taxes. That means that over 75% of them do not. D*mn skippy, we're still complaining.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM

238 posts, read 180,338 times
Healthy amount of skepticism is in order.

Too many of questionable character are influencing numbers, information, media.

Lot's of hysteria, no real action; Lot's of fingerpointing, no real action; Lots of complaining, no real action...

If you feel you're recieving Lemons, make lemonade; for those of you who see problems - turn them into opportunities.

Anyone can complain, whine, point fingers - especially underachievers.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:07 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,440,266 times
Yes, anyone can do that...anyone can scream "hysteria" when smart people point out the truth, disinformationists, such as yourself, are so well versed at it, but the trouble for you MB...more people are on to the truth now, people are waking up, not good for you, huhn?

Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM

238 posts, read 180,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Yes, anyone can do that...anyone can scream "hysteria" when smart people point out the truth, disinformationists, such as yourself, are so well versed at it, but the trouble for you MB...more people are on to the truth now, people are waking up, not good for you, huhn?
How so? Smart or not, where's your survival instincts? Haven't you spent a great deal of time fine tuning all your God given senses? What is the truth?

Spend some time on examining that instead of trying to be a (_!_).

I too see what you see, read what you read; is it propaganda for or against the humans, or intruding on one's comfort level, or you would just rather those people and your people be seperate? Veils are thin - economics, laws, and hygene? (give me a break) - Undesireable traits are observed in all the people of the world.

Good or Not - I think you need to wake up.

As stated before, I'm flexible. Now what part of the truth am I missing?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,440,266 times
I am lost here, you completely lost me, but never mind, have a good day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration