Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,260,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
trust me they do, when they use their false SS number to fill out the deductions sheet you get when you are hired, they put 12, they can claim kids that the say they support who are actually in Mexico (because as you see on the form, thats allowed! even if they live in mexico. line 3 towards the top!)as well as brothers and mothers and sisters!!!! If they owe, they dont file, go buy new ss#.My friend works for IRS, sees it all the time, there are too many to catch.Has IRS ever come to your home to count your kids? Probably not.
I did taxes for two years so yeah, I know people claim dependents they shouldn't but it's not just the immigrants. I see whites, blacks and other minorities just as guilty. As a tax professional, you can't make decisions for your clients. You can only go by what they say. Sooner or later, it will hopefully catch up to these people. If they change the SS# frequently, I'm sure that will raise a red flag with the IRS. Unfortunately, these poor people are over worked and underpaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:04 PM

770 posts, read 3,682,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssss View Post
ok people,
the truth about illegal immigrants is that they want to do everthing correctly ateast most of them do. they all want to be american residents and want pay taxes, but their status doesnt allow them to do so. I know a immigrant lady who has two sons, and she works really hard, but because her sons are illegal immigrants too, she cant proove that she has two boys so she has to pay an extra amount of taxes. Her debt is up to 3,000 dollars now. she cant get deduction of her taxes because she cant prove their exsitance in this country.

The solution to the immigrant problems is that they should make the undocumented immigrants in the country pay a fine for the breaking of their law, and then make them pay all their backed up taxes, not all at one time, but as monthly payments, for some cant afford it. and then they should be given resident status. immigrants with felony records, should be exempt from this and not be aloud residency. they would be deported.

the next step would be preventing more illegal immigrants from coming into the country by boarder control. It wouldnt be fair for all the undomcument people already in america to be deported for they have worked hard and have already made their lives in the U.S. When you keep future illegal immigrants out, that would be better for people cannot miss what they havent experienced.
If they want to do everything correctly, then they need to apply for citizenship before coming to the country ILLEGALLY!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,482,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
One Problem: Over 25 yrs. the illegal immigrants massive numbers have caused severe finanical loss and struggle for most of American citizens, especially Ca., Az, Or., Wa., Ny., Fl., Nv. where illegals presence has raised the cost of living and kept the wages down. Example: L.A.; cost of 1 bd. apt. is $1000 and going up 7%, but lower and many middle wage earners bring home $900 to $1500 take home pay. So you cannot get a place of your own, and homelessness is up over 50% last year...many I see daily are begging on the street or living in their vehicles. The experts say you cannot live in Ca. if making less than $100,000 per year...this is likely to rent a decent place or own a house. People are really suffering, and the illegals need to be deported. The government services for illegals and crime costs are a completely different but important problem as well.
Should illegal aliens be allowed to stay because they wanted a 'came here for a better life' if their seeking a better life leads to a decreased quality of life for the middle class American family?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM

238 posts, read 228,274 times
Hmm I wonder what would happen if I came to Mexico and asked for a handout? After all, I really like the beaches of Cancun. I wonder if some Mexican family would enjoy their taxes being raised so I can freeload off their backs. Hmm I wonder what would happen if I came to a Mexican university and asked for free financial aid?

I would either get laughed back across the border or strung from the nearest light pole.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:37 PM

770 posts, read 3,682,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainmom View Post
Hmm I wonder what would happen if I came to Mexico and asked for a handout? After all, I really like the beaches of Cancun. I wonder if some Mexican family would enjoy their taxes being raised so I can freeload off their backs. Hmm I wonder what would happen if I came to a Mexican university and asked for free financial aid?

I would either get laughed back across the border or strung from the nearest light pole.
I agree with you bargainmom. Sometimes it is so hard to figure out what some of these people are thinking when they post about illegal immigrants deserving a chance. They came here illegally, which means they committed a crime. If they wanted to come to America, apply for citizenship like you are suppose to do and wait in line. What are they teaching their children? To cut in line when they want something that they are suppose to wait for. Illegal immigration is causing so many problems in our American cities: gangs, rapes, murders, overcrowding of schools, flooding our public facilities. Do you know I just read an article the other day about Hazelton, Pennsylvania. The mayor had to pass some laws to help run out the illegals in his town. The population in the town had risen, however the amount of taxes they were collecting was exactly the same. Why should the residents be burdened with the higher tax rates to help put these illegals' children through school. Here is the link to the story, I wish more towns and cities would start taking this battle into their own hands http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200171,00.html

Here is a quote I took from his small defender forum he posted this:

Barletta, the proud Mayor of the City of Hazleton, Pennsylvania.

"I believe the United States of America is the greatest nation on Earth. People who are in this country have an incredible amount of opportunities and blessings.

But some people have taken advantage of America’s openness and tolerance. Some come to this country and refuse to learn English, creating a language barrier for city employees. Others enter the country illegally and use government services by not paying taxes or by committing crime on our streets, further draining resources here in Hazleton.

Recent crimes – such as a high-profile murder, the discharge of a gun at a crowded city playground, and drug busts – have involved illegal immigrants. Some of those allegedly involved in those crimes were detained by other law enforcement officials over the years, but were somehow allowed to remain in this country. They eventually migrated into Hazleton, where they helped create a sense of fear in the good, hardworking residents who are here legally.

Illegal aliens in our City create an economic burden that threatens our quality of life.

With a growing problem and a limited budget, I could not sit back any longer and allow this to happen. I needed to act!

That’s why I drafted the Illegal Immigration Relief Act, a measure designed to say enough is enough.

To the residents of Hazleton, I say thank you for your support. To our recently arrived legal immigrants, I say welcome to our City. I wish you all the best and hope the United States and Hazleton can be a place where your dreams come true. I am proud to represent you as your Mayor.

And to illegal immigrants and those who would hire or abet them in any way, I say your time is up. You are no longer welcome.

There are thousands of small towns and cities across America like Hazleton, Pennsylvania.

I hope the steps we’re taking in Hazleton to defend ourselves will inspire others to become small town defenders."

Last edited by Njrover0216; 05-08-2007 at 05:50 PM..

Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,681,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not all of them, and did you know that they can legally claim 12 and have almost no federal and state income tax taken out?
Yes they can. And frequently the holder of the actual social security card number the illegal is using gets a nasty surprise from the IRS at the end of the year..

Old 05-01-2008, 05:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
I see many complaints about illegal immigrants posted here and other sites, but I seldom see any solutions offered.

I live in south/central Washington State, an agricultural area that hires many Mexican migrant workers. Many are illegally here. That is the problem as I see it. Being illegal.

Many of these workers would gladly return home when their seasonal work here is finished, but having come here illegally, returning home means having to 'sneak' back again. An ordeal not many want to repeat. There IS danger involved and can cost a good amount. So once across the border they here. I would too! Many, not willing to give up their families, bring them into the country also. Again I would too.

I think if the U.S. Government would set up a program similar to the "Brassaros" of pre-1935, allowing these workers to return home ONCE a year and then return to the U.S., many illegals would register. Many would leave their families intact in Mexico, reducing the strain on our schools and clinics.

Registering would also correctly ID the individual and link with a valid SS Number. This would solve the problem of claiming 12 dependants.

If the U.S. wouuld require ALL IMMIGRANT WORKERS to list S.S.Numbers for every dependent claimed on their W-4 forms, not on the 1040, when it is too late, the proper withholding would be taken out.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,583,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil_ View Post
I see many complaints about illegal immigrants posted here and other sites, but I seldom see any solutions offered.

I live in south/central Washington State, an agricultural area that hires many Mexican migrant workers. Many are illegally here. That is the problem as I see it. Being illegal.

Many of these workers would gladly return home when their seasonal work here is finished, but having come here illegally, returning home means having to 'sneak' back again. An ordeal not many want to repeat. There IS danger involved and can cost a good amount. So once across the border they here. I would too! Many, not willing to give up their families, bring them into the country also. Again I would too.

I think if the U.S. Government would set up a program similar to the "Brassaros" of pre-1935, allowing these workers to return home ONCE a year and then return to the U.S., many illegals would register. Many would leave their families intact in Mexico, reducing the strain on our schools and clinics.

Registering would also correctly ID the individual and link with a valid SS Number. This would solve the problem of claiming 12 dependants.

If the U.S. wouuld require ALL IMMIGRANT WORKERS to list S.S.Numbers for every dependent claimed on their W-4 forms, not on the 1040, when it is too late, the proper withholding would be taken out.
*************I have said this on many sites and will say it again EVERY ONE THAT READS THIS POST NEEDS TO LOOK ON LINE AT "THE NORTH AMERICAN SUPER HIGHWAY," AND "THE NORTH AMERICAN SECURITY AGREEMENT." these sites will blow your mine! America needs to stop talking and get Educated to what is really going on . Read these sites .

Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
*************I have said this on many sites and will say it again EVERY ONE THAT READS THIS POST NEEDS TO LOOK ON LINE AT "THE NORTH AMERICAN SUPER HIGHWAY," AND "THE NORTH AMERICAN SECURITY AGREEMENT." these sites will blow your mine! America needs to stop talking and get Educated to what is really going on . Read these sites .
Remember the anger against illegal immigration is growing by leaps and bounds-----and, that may wind up stopping the 'North American Super Highway' that you have spoken about.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,460,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil_ View Post

Because you would apparently be willing to break the immigration laws of this country, doesn't mean that you are any nobler than the rest of us who do not endorse this. Quite the opposite. And it doesn't make it "OK" either. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration