Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 PM

770 posts, read 3,686,281 times

Advertisements

Most of them filing taxes are getting a refund? A refund when they haven't even paid in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM

169 posts, read 581,741 times
Cool What to do!

Back in the early 80's I was among a few Army soldiers to be sent to Ft. Chaffee Ark. to guard Cuban refugees. I had what "I thought" was a good idea to return them to their home land . It's called "AIR MAILING". Here's how it works. You pack all the illegal aliens into a C5A Galaxy or a C130 Military plane and just as you get over their home land, at lets say 32,000 ft. you open the rear doors. Now this is the best part, you put the plane in a steep up-ward climb and air mail them home. Oh, I forgot, No parachutes . Problem solved, no returns. But do you think that they bought my grand idea, NO . See if they would have listen to me along time ago, maybe just maybe we wouldn't have the problems that we do today. WE COULD STILL DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,294 times
ok people,
the truth about illegal immigrants is that they want to do everthing correctly ateast most of them do. they all want to be american residents and want pay taxes, but their status doesnt allow them to do so. I know a immigrant lady who has two sons, and she works really hard, but because her sons are illegal immigrants too, she cant proove that she has two boys so she has to pay an extra amount of taxes. Her debt is up to 3,000 dollars now. she cant get deduction of her taxes because she cant prove their exsitance in this country.

The solution to the immigrant problems is that they should make the undocumented immigrants in the country pay a fine for the breaking of their law, and then make them pay all their backed up taxes, not all at one time, but as monthly payments, for some cant afford it. and then they should be given resident status. immigrants with felony records, should be exempt from this and not be aloud residency. they would be deported.

the next step would be preventing more illegal immigrants from coming into the country by boarder control. It wouldnt be fair for all the undomcument people already in america to be deported for they have worked hard and have already made their lives in the U.S. When you keep future illegal immigrants out, that would be better for people cannot miss what they havent experienced.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:15 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssss View Post
ok people,
the truth about illegal immigrants is that they want to do everthing correctly ateast most of them do. they all want to be american residents and want pay taxes, but their status doesnt allow them to do so. I know a immigrant lady who has two sons, and she works really hard, but because her sons are illegal immigrants too, she cant proove that she has two boys so she has to pay an extra amount of taxes. Her debt is up to 3,000 dollars now. she cant get deduction of her taxes because she cant prove their exsitance in this country.

The solution to the immigrant problems is that they should make the undocumented immigrants in the country pay a fine for the breaking of their law, and then make them pay all their backed up taxes, not all at one time, but as monthly payments, for some cant afford it. and then they should be given resident status. immigrants with felony records, should be exempt from this and not be aloud residency. they would be deported.

the next step would be preventing more illegal immigrants from coming into the country by boarder control. It wouldnt be fair for all the undomcument people already in america to be deported for they have worked hard and have already made their lives in the U.S. When you keep future illegal immigrants out, that would be better for people cannot miss what they havent experienced.

None of the ones I have dealt with want to be citizens here and it is alot,( in construction for 20 years). And they recently protested the fine and back taxes suggestion and english suggestion, they want a free pass.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
Back in the early 80's I was among a few Army soldiers to be sent to Ft. Chaffee Ark. to guard Cuban refugees. I had what "I thought" was a good idea to return them to their home land . It's called "AIR MAILING". Here's how it works. You pack all the illegal aliens into a C5A Galaxy or a C130 Military plane and just as you get over their home land, at lets say 32,000 ft. you open the rear doors. Now this is the best part, you put the plane in a steep up-ward climb and air mail them home. Oh, I forgot, No parachutes . Problem solved, no returns. But do you think that they bought my grand idea, NO . See if they would have listen to me along time ago, maybe just maybe we wouldn't have the problems that we do today. WE COULD STILL DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many people does a C5A hold?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,275,733 times
Default http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

According to Publication 17, page 28, of the IRS:

Rules for claiming an exemption for a dependent:
• You cannot claim any dependents if you, or your spouse if filing jointly, could be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer.
• You cannot claim a married person who files a joint return as a dependent unless that joint return is only a claim for refund and there
would be no tax liability for either spouse on separate returns.
• You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, U.S. national, or a resident of
Canada or Mexico, for some part of the year. 1
• You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is your qualifying child or qualifying relative.

Tests to be a qualifying child:
Tests To Be a Qualifying Child
1. The child must be your son, daughter, stepchild, eligible
foster child, brother, sister, half brother, half sister,
stepbrother, stepsister, or a descendant of any of them.
2. The child must be (a) under age 19 at the end of the year, (b)
under age 24 at the end of the year and a full-time student, or
(c) any age if permanently and totally disabled.
3. The child must have lived with you for more than half of the
year.2
4. The child must not have provided more than half of his or her
own support for the year.
5. If the child meets the rules to be a qualifying child of more
than one person, you must be the person entitled to claim the
child as a qualifying child.

Tests to be a qualifying relative:
1. The person cannot be your qualifying child or the qualifying
child of anyone else.
2. The person either (a) must be related to you in one of the
ways listed under Relatives who do not have to live with you,
or (b) must live with you all year as a member of your
household (and your relationship must not violate local law).2
3. The person’s gross income for the year must be less than
$3,300.3
4. You must provide more than half of the person’s total support
for the year.4

1There is an exception for certain adopted children.
2There are exceptions for temporary absences, children who were born or died during the year, children of divorced or separated parents, and
kidnapped children.
3There is an exception if the person is disabled and has income from a sheltered workshop.
4There are exceptions for multiple support agreements, children of divorced or separated parents, and kidnapped children.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:57 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
According to Publication 17, page 28, of the IRS:

Rules for claiming an exemption for a dependent:
• You cannot claim any dependents if you, or your spouse if filing jointly, could be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer.
• You cannot claim a married person who files a joint return as a dependent unless that joint return is only a claim for refund and there
would be no tax liability for either spouse on separate returns.
• You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, U.S. national, or a resident of
Canada or Mexico, for some part of the year. 1
• You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is your qualifying child or qualifying relative.

Tests to be a qualifying child:
Tests To Be a Qualifying Child
1. The child must be your son, daughter, stepchild, eligible
foster child, brother, sister, half brother, half sister,
stepbrother, stepsister, or a descendant of any of them.
2. The child must be (a) under age 19 at the end of the year, (b)
under age 24 at the end of the year and a full-time student, or
(c) any age if permanently and totally disabled.
3. The child must have lived with you for more than half of the
year.2
4. The child must not have provided more than half of his or her
own support for the year.
5. If the child meets the rules to be a qualifying child of more
than one person, you must be the person entitled to claim the
child as a qualifying child.

Tests to be a qualifying relative:
1. The person cannot be your qualifying child or the qualifying
child of anyone else.
2. The person either (a) must be related to you in one of the
ways listed under Relatives who do not have to live with you,
or (b) must live with you all year as a member of your
household (and your relationship must not violate local law).2
3. The person’s gross income for the year must be less than
$3,300.3
4. You must provide more than half of the person’s total support
for the year.4

1There is an exception for certain adopted children.
2There are exceptions for temporary absences, children who were born or died during the year, children of divorced or separated parents, and
kidnapped children.
3There is an exception if the person is disabled and has income from a sheltered workshop.
4There are exceptions for multiple support agreements, children of divorced or separated parents, and kidnapped children.

trust me they do, when they use their false SS number to fill out the deductions sheet you get when you are hired, they put 12, they can claim kids that the say they support who are actually in Mexico (because as you see on the form, thats allowed! even if they live in mexico. line 3 towards the top!)as well as brothers and mothers and sisters!!!! If they owe, they dont file, go buy new ss#.My friend works for IRS, sees it all the time, there are too many to catch.Has IRS ever come to your home to count your kids? Probably not.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:09 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,176,722 times
Cool Stuff it

I think a C5A Galaxy can hold as many as you want to pack in there . Me personally, I would pack it to the point were the rivets are ready to POP.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
Yes, anyone can do that...anyone can scream "hysteria" when smart people point out the truth, disinformationists, such as yourself, are so well versed at it, but the trouble for you MB...more people are on to the truth now, people are waking up, not good for you, huhn?
MORE PEOPLE ARE ON TO THE TRUTH NOW, as you said, and is why we are all posting here to inform ALL of America how bad the situation is in CA., AZ, OR, WA, NY, etc. This is not good for MB and a 'few' others here who try to deny.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssss View Post
ok people,

One Problem: Over 25 yrs. the illegal immigrants massive numbers have caused severe finanical loss and struggle for most of American citizens, especially Ca., Az, Or., Wa., Ny., Fl., Nv. where illegals presence has raised the cost of living and kept the wages down. Example: L.A.; cost of 1 bd. apt. is $1000 and going up 7%, but lower and many middle wage earners bring home $900 to $1500 take home pay. So you cannot get a place of your own, and homelessness is up over 50% last year...many I see daily are begging on the street or living in their vehicles. The experts say you cannot live in Ca. if making less than $100,000 per year...this is likely to rent a decent place or own a house. People are really suffering, and the illegals need to be deported. The government services for illegals and crime costs are a completely different but important problem as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration