Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:09 AM

77 posts, read 89,290 times

Advertisements

Do people presume non English speaking people illegal immigrant?

I have never seen this sort of talk or debate about illegal immigrant anywhere in the world except for here in California.

I work all over the world in the oil and gas drilling/exploration industry. We work with people from all over the world but i am a bit uneasy about this topic which most people I am sure will find it borderline with racism.

I consider myself non racist and couldn't careless if people don't speak English fluently but at least they try.

Do white people paint all immigrants with the same brush called "Illegal Immigrants"?

I am sure some racist troll will attack me here but i am just asking why are we even talking about Illegal Immigrants? At least they are willing to do the jobs most Americans refused to do.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,480,826 times
Here in America a lot of people are racist ignoramuses,probably the same ones who think their president is an illegal alien..
Fortunately the majority of us do not assume every immigrant is illegal and welcome you to our country..

Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 AM

28 posts, read 17,274 times
They should learn english if they're legal. We dont need hablamos espanol on every corner in america. The non hispanic immigrants who came here last century never had that luxury nor ever demanded it, they learned english quickly. It takes a a mehicano 10 yrs to learn 3 words.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 AM

18,457 posts, read 19,101,728 times
yes a good deal of people do think that. the above post is a good example of how threatened some feel when someone doesn't speak english.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:15 AM

43,916 posts, read 44,687,389 times
One cannot assume that someone that doesn't speak English is illegal. But you can assume that most likely they are not American citizens as naturalized citizens have to pass an English exam.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes a good deal of people do think that. the above post is a good example of how threatened some feel when someone doesn't speak english.
Funny isn't it, this is the same problem in other countries. English speaking people demand foreigners to speak English when they come here but when we travel to other non english speaking countries we ask for directions in English. This is why the French are so angry at English speaking people just like you are angry at foreigners for not learning our language.

How would you feel if foreigners come here and do not speak English at all? Anyway, at least the foreigners attempt to learn or speak our language.

Foreigners come to our country with knowledge to share. It's like saying WE DO NOT WANT FOREIGN INVESTMENTS in our country.

Foreigners are like Foreign Investments, without it we will never learn new technology. Let's not make the same mistakes our parents did, look at middle east. The war stems from their parents hating each other. They did not accept foreign investment and that's why they are in the world of ****.

Give them some slack they are human beings and most of them suffered from war and evil dictatorships.

I am really embarrassed with the way we are in California, hating people because of their ethnicity. It's really hard to explain to people i met from all over the world why we hate them because i dont anyone.

Maybe we would be better off making sure we are 200% healthy in our mind body and soul, ensuring we bring home enough money to enjoy life in a challenging world. Having enough good friends to share life with as we grow mature. Don't you guys/gals think so? Lets forget about illegal immigrants and let's start to worry about our life.

By the way immigrants are excellent in the service industry and we have so much to learn from everyone. Everyone has something good to offer, real wealthy rich people are never racist.

Last edited by NewportBeachGuy; 06-23-2010 at 05:41 AM..

Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,199,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post

I have never seen this sort of talk or debate about illegal immigrant anywhere in the world except for here in California.

I work all over the world in the oil and gas drilling/exploration industry. We work with people from all over the world but i am a bit uneasy about this topic which most people I am sure will find it borderline with racism.

I consider myself non racist and couldn't careless if people don't speak English fluently but at least they try.

Do white people paint all immigrants with the same brush called "Illegal Immigrants"?

I am sure some racist troll will attack me here but i am just asking why are we even talking about Illegal Immigrants? At least they are willing to do the jobs most Americans refused to do.
Good post until you got to

The Big Lie.

""""At least they are willing to do the jobs most Americans refused to do""""

BS! BS! BS! BS!

They do the jobs that companies are willing hire them for.

They are willing to work for slave wages under horrible working conditions out of fear and desperation..

YOU think AMERICA and AMERICANS should work that way???

You think we should REGRESS back before labor laws, safety laws, wage laws so we can be treated just like an illegal??????

AMERICANS have done EVERYTHING EVERYTHING in this country for hundreds of years. PICK UP A DAMN HISTORY BOOK!!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,365,423 times
To answer the OP question; maybe but I don't.
The question could have been phrased,
"Do you assume non english speaking people are illegal aliens?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post until you got to

The Big Lie.

""""At least they are willing to do the jobs most Americans refused to do""""

BS! BS! BS! BS!

They do the jobs that companies are willing hire them for.

They are willing to work for slave wages under horrible working conditions out of fear and desperation..

YOU think AMERICA and AMERICANS should work that way???

You think we should REGRESS back before labor laws, safety laws, wage laws so we can be treated just like an illegal??????

AMERICANS have done EVERYTHING EVERYTHING in this country for hundreds of years. PICK UP A DAMN HISTORY BOOK!!
No one wants to work for peanuts. Companies are evil and will exploit people that can't speak english or people that came from displaced countries.

These people suffered from fear and oppression for so many generations deeply rooted inside them by fear.

Soon their children or their next generation will mingle and become educated and they will learn to understand new ways of life.

We all work for peanuts if we don't know any better. I guaranty you they will not work for peanuts. They are only doing it so their children will have better opportunities than their own life.

These people are courages they are willing to put their own life's on hold so their children could forge forward and strive for better life.

I adore people like this they are so courages.

It's easy to make judgement but very hard to walk in their shoes and live their life.

EDIT REASON:

We are incorrect to say they work for peanuts because to others we also work for peanuts. I used to think earning $6000 per week working 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off for 6 moths out of a year was good money. Now i realised i was working for peanuts compared to what others are earning. Others earn $65000.00 per week. And more people earn even more money per second.

Rich people earn $100,000 per minute yes some even earn more, and i am sure to them we are working for peanuts. If we all earn $10,000,000 per year who is going to collect your trash or serve you breakfast? ( i am not being condescending to foreigners here if i am then it wasn't intentional)

Income has a correlation to exposure of opportunities, the higher the income the higher the exposure of opportunities you have at your disposals.

Life is not all about disposable income and propensity to consume or save, unfortunately we all suffer from prices of elasticity of supply and demand.

As long as there is supply and demand, life has a place for everyone.

Last edited by NewportBeachGuy; 06-23-2010 at 06:13 AM..

Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 AM

364 posts, read 245,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post

ilegal aliens comes in all colors
mexican irish chinese etc
they need to leave tha usa
specialy in this bad recesion
most ppl here legaly
speak some english
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration