Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Driver linked to City Heights hit-run, turns himself in

I for one am suprised he turned himself in with the border a short dash away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
well at least he turned himself in. does strike me as odd. im sure it was eating him up. tragic case.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

33 posts, read 40,734 times
Isn't there a thread for this?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 PM

73 posts, read 85,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Driver linked to City Heights hit-run, turns himself in

I for one am suprised he turned himself in with the border a short dash away.
That means only that you are easily surprised (or feigning surprise for dramatic effect).

Quote:
Witnesses told police they saw the car hit the man in the middle of the intersection and watched as the driver pulled over to the side of the road, opened his door and looked at the injured pedestrian. The man then noticed the bystanders watching him and drove away, Wall said.
The story says that Cruz is in the country illegally, not that he came here last month and is deeply rooted in another country. The story certainly said nothing about Cruz's country of origin being "a short dash away". If I slam into an old man in City Heights I am also "a short dash away" from the border, no?

You think I'm making that dash--particularly if I know I have been observed by numerous bystanders?

Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andornot View Post
That means only that you are easily surprised (or feigning surprise for dramatic effect).

The story says that Cruz is in the country illegally, not that he came here last month and is deeply rooted in another country. The story certainly said nothing about Cruz's country of origin being "a short dash away". If I slam into an old man in City Heights I am also "a short dash away" from the border, no?

You think I'm making that dash--particularly if I know I have been observed by numerous bystanders?
It doesn't matter if he was ILLEGALLY from the S Pole. Most people make a run for the border where it's usually hands off. The Mexican Govt has done a better job working with the US Govt recently but only if it is very high profile. Since most Illegals are from Mexico if they commit a felony they scoot right back across, mostly because they can sneak back over way too easily. One guy was arrested and deported 26 times!!!!
Hit and runs are almost common place in border areas because Illegals are afraid of being deported. Driving without a license has a way of making people do that In some areas like Escondido it has been estimated that 2 out of 10 are Illegal Aliens driving without a license. Not very comforting for everyone else driving in these areas.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if he was ILLEGALLY from the S Pole. Most people make a run for the border where it's usually hands off. The Mexican Govt has done a better job working with the US Govt recently but only if it is very high profile. Since most Illegals are from Mexico if they commit a felony they scoot right back across, mostly because they can sneak back over way too easily. One guy was arrested and deported 26 times!!!!
Hit and runs are almost common place in border areas because Illegals are afraid of being deported. Driving without a license has a way of making people do that In some areas like Escondido it has been estimated that 2 out of 10 are Illegal Aliens driving without a license. Not very comforting for everyone else driving in these areas.
So, one month later (to revive a dead thread), what happened to the victim? Who cares? He or she is but a cautionary tale, eh? Or fodder for our arguments, because we don't really care.

I am "disabled" (I'm far from disabled, and I have collected no disability benefits for years) after being struck as a pedestrian walking (in SoCal!) home in a crosswalk from work by a vehicle (being driven home from work by a "legal" from Mexico) many years ago. It was a simple distracted-driver situation, far too close to the local police HQ for the driver to hit-and-run (downtown at rush hour.)

It was an accident (his fault, but an accident nonetheless), and I hope it has been as beneficial to him as to me. I went back to school and he joined the (US) Army (to avoid personal responsibility). If his post-crash life has been half as good as my own post-crash life, good for him. I can't hold a grudge over an accident. (Again, it wasn't a hit-and-run.)

Cruz bolted back "home". "Home" meaning San Diego (City Heights), where his vehicle was subsequently located. The "typical" hit-and-run driver cannot be brought to account "because if they commit a felony they scoot right back across ... " what???

That's why this hit-and-run driver, as opposed to the "typical" SoCal anecdotal (meaning you didn't quite make this up) hit-and-run driver scuttles across the border to Mex--uh--cuz-that's-where-criminals--go. Right? Why didn't Cruz? Why didn't the dual-citizen that hit me eight blocks from a Mexican Consular office?

2 out of 10 drivers in Esconddio are so illegal alien. That's why reliable data that 2 out of ten drivers in Escondido are illegal aliens has been provided by 1AngryTaxPayer. Or it hasn't.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,552 times
Quote:
So, one month later (to revive a dead thread), what happened to the victim? Who cares?
I care, hombre. In years past I spent more nights than I care to remember transfusing unit of blood after unit of blood after unit of blood into patients who had suffered serious injuries in a car accidents. There is nothing remotely amusing about this and any attempts to make excuses for the illegal alien driver reflect nothing but a moral vacuity that leaves me shaking my head.

The victims name was never released but according to reports he suffered severe head and neck trauma. At age 66, it is probably going to take alot of time to fully recover from injuries like that. Here is the windshield of the hit and run vehicle. I think it is safe to say that anyone who shattered that windshield with his or her body would suffer major injuries.

Examiner Slideshows (http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryid=445635&slide=1 - broken link)

Quote:
He or she is but a cautionary tale, eh? Or fodder for our arguments, because we don't really care.
I care very much that Americans are harmed by people who should not even be here. This illegal knew that he had hit a pedestrian and sped off. Now he is being held up as some kind of example because he turned himself in 6 hours after the police found his car?

Quote:
Police described the vehicle as a Honda with tinted windows and neon lighting on the undercarriage and launched a search.
Good Lord. Send Alfredo and his totally tasteless Honda tuner car back across the border.

Quote:
I am "disabled" (I'm far from disabled, and I have collected no disability benefits for years) after being struck as a pedestrian walking (in SoCal!) home in a crosswalk from work by a vehicle (being driven home from work by a "legal" from Mexico) many years ago. It was a simple distracted-driver situation, far too close to the local police HQ for the driver to hit-and-run (downtown at rush hour.)

It was an accident (his fault, but an accident nonetheless), and I hope it has been as beneficial to him as to me. I went back to school and he joined the (US) Army (to avoid personal responsibility). If his post-crash life has been half as good as my own post-crash life, good for him. I can't hold a grudge over an accident. (Again, it wasn't a hit-and-run.)
This has nothing to do with the topic under discussion.

Quote:
Cruz bolted back "home". "Home" meaning San Diego (City Heights), where his vehicle was subsequently located. The "typical" hit-and-run driver cannot be brought to account "because if they commit a felony they scoot right back across ... " what???

That's why this hit-and-run driver, as opposed to the "typical" SoCal anecdotal (meaning you didn't quite make this up) hit-and-run driver scuttles across the border to Mex--uh--cuz-that's-where-criminals--go. Right? Why didn't Cruz? Why didn't the dual-citizen that hit me eight blocks from a Mexican Consular office?

2 out of 10 drivers in Esconddio are so illegal alien. That's why reliable data that 2 out of ten drivers in Escondido are illegal aliens has been provided by 1AngryTaxPayer. Or it hasn't.
It is estimated that 2 out of 10 drivers in Escondido are illegal. It is always difficult to come up with hard numbers when it comes to the illegals, but that does not mean it is not a problem. It is.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Hey there, sweet-pea, please keep my comments distinct from stories about how pimped-out dude's car was. "Police described the vehicle as a Honda with tinted windows and neon lighting on the undercarriage", although at the same quote level in your post, was not part of my post. I said I was walking home from work. I have no love for the "totally tasteless Honda tuner car" that was almost certainly purchased and tricked to local standards here in the good ol' U. S. of A.

The reason, sweets, that vic's name wasn't in the U-T is 'cause he was also an illegal that wasn't supposed to "be here".

I'd still like to see those stats about Escondido drivers (two of ten allegedly illegal aliens). When "hard numbers" are "difficult to come up with", they probably should not be presented as fact, eh?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Hey there, sweet-pea, please keep my comments distinct from stories about how pimped-out dude's car was. "Police described the vehicle as a Honda with tinted windows and neon lighting on the undercarriage", although at the same quote level in your post, was not part of my post. I said I was walking home from work. I have no love for the "totally tasteless Honda tuner car" that was almost certainly purchased and tricked to local standards here in the good ol' U. S. of A.

The reason, sweets, that vic's name wasn't in the U-T is 'cause he was also an illegal that wasn't supposed to "be here".

I'd still like to see those stats about Escondido drivers (two of ten allegedly illegal aliens). When "hard numbers" are "difficult to come up with", they probably should not be presented as fact, eh?
Question: are you pro or anti illegal immigration AKA amnesty?

I am definitely against giving illegals anything beyond seizure of their assets and deportation out of the USA

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,552 times
Quote:

If one illegal alien runs over another illegal alien........this sounds like a trick question of some sort. The bottom line is that neither should have been here and if one or both had not been here this specific accident would not have happened. As usual, the end result is that the US taxpayer will be on the hook for the expenses of prosecuting the driver and the medical bills of the person who was hit.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In some areas like Escondido it has been estimated that 2 out of 10 are Illegal Aliens driving without a license.
When did he present the 2 out of 10 figure as a fact? He said it was an estimate. Surely you know the difference between the two, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration