Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Well there are a few non Hispanics here and they feel the way I do. The guy on the second floor actually had the neighbors above him evicted for similar things. I also know that DC is my home and I love most things about the area. Although we have those issues with illegals, honestly its like this almost everywhere now. I lived in Florida and it was much the same. Unreal and crazy. I have signed many petitions and I know it is a small thing, but I did it. I think most people in Nova/DC feel the way I do. I have talked to so many people who have had run ins and issues with noisy parties, drugs you name it. Some are even homeowners and that is frightening, because it is hard to sell a house. I have actually received help from one officer finally, and their musica has stopped at least last night and tonight. I went out earlier and four of them from the apt were sitting on the stairs and glared at me. I looked back and asked them what the hell they were looking at. I think they are sick of the police. I have given them many chances. I received an email back from the asst mgr, who is working on the situation. I doubt ICE will do anything. I mean they would be working day and night here, as this is a well known illegal immigrant population. Prince William County a bit further out, is the first in this area to enforce strict laws, so now all of them moved here! I refuse to be forced out of my own place and this is my friggin country. I am becoming a right winger in my old age, at least regarding this issue! I use to be so liberal and now I am jaded by to many problems with this population. I do not care what nationality someone is, if they are rude and disrepectful they will be disliked period.
When those illegal alien losers back in May 2006 started with their illegal 'immigrants rights' marches flying in particular the Mexican flag----------that was my 'tipping point' towards those criminals.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
It would be smart to get a gun and be prepared to use it if they should come back to retaliate.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:31 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,832,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post

Keep in mind , there are many good people of Hispanic race that are humanly classy. that do live and love Americans. Pitty the last group after the last shamesty was so arrogant to think we will allow the crappy behavior.
You are right. I had the nicest guy who was Hispanic help me move some furniture Saturday and he spoke English quite well. I told him about the noise and such and he said they sound crazy and also that he does not like the neighborhood I live in. He said he was afraid to park his truck there. I tactly asked him if loud music blaring all night is normal for his culture and he said no way. He said that the same thugs that drink in public etc and get arrested are also in El Salvador and they do the same things over there, and the Police send them to jail over and over.

Here is an update-Loud crap again and my head hurts. My Cat is looking around trying to figure out what the shaking is! I called Police and they came out and it went down for now, but I here this vibration mess even in the shower. Then I look out and Police are in the parking lot checking out some guys car. I am glad I am not a night person. God!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,832,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It would be smart to get a gun and be prepared to use it if they should come back to retaliate.
Don't scare me as I live alone! I can't afford a gun. I told my friend at the store down the street to look for the people in the apt if I get shot! I have 911 on speed dial. Also the police officer said if they keep coming out that there would be further action against them. Again, wasting money trying to shut losers up over and over!!! I will keep yall updated if I see any guys wearing black shirts with ICE on the back ouch!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM

79 posts, read 94,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Don't scare me as I live alone! I can't afford a gun. I told my friend at the store down the street to look for the people in the apt if I get shot! I have 911 on speed dial. Also the police officer said if they keep coming out that there would be further action against them. Again, wasting money trying to shut losers up over and over!!! I will keep yall updated if I see any guys wearing black shirts with ICE on the back ouch!

Pay a little more and move into a better place end of story.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM

291 posts, read 414,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Pay a little more and move into a better place end of story.
why should any peace loving american have to move , many of us have moved and these plans to take over neighborhoods has gone far enough!

They have tryed around here and guess what ? even in a sanction city we won't put up with bad behavoir like this. I tell you be prepared for a sting of class action lawsuits against these scantion city officials that are not enforcing the laws that we have, these people create trash, noise and
blight in general. stress on every public tax payer resource from the schools to the hospitals.we need 287g enforced now !

Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,910,479 times
Quote:
And you assume they are not? sure good americanized latins live that way? harassing women as they loaf around on the front steps must not be enough room in the tiny apartment to hang out all day ? and them by night raise holly hell? must be the time change ?
the only crap again is the need to protect us from these types that degrade our quality of life !
He didn't assume they weren't...He just stated that this is purely conjecture. He also implied that this isn't right (if in fact this is true)...but it's not a matter of immigration.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,910,479 times
Quote:
Also take polical action, write call all ! let the white house know you have had it!
Can the White House also get my neighbor to take down that God awful mini statue of liberty in their front lawn? I think that might have to be some violation of the HOA...Seriously, this is not a political dispute unless you have actual facts to back your claim. Hell, I'm not even dealing with my own beliefs about the subject, but rather the fact that it seems that this person has no evidence.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
There is a way to tell the illegals from citizens. In MY experience, the respectful Hispanics/ Latinos ( which ever you prefer) that make a real attempt to assimilate and speak somewhat good English to fluent are usually the relatively new citizens, then there are those like my neighbors whom came over on Saturday to our garage sale and brought with them homemade Mojito's when it was very hot. They sat down with us, laughed and drank and ran a gaggle of non English disrespectful Hispanics off when they went through our stuff, dropping them to the ground, messing them up and just being rude, Carlos and Rebecca are both American born, of Mexican decent, and they are about as fed up as us with the illegals.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM

79 posts, read 94,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
There is a way to tell the illegals from citizens. In MY experience, the respectful Hispanics/ Latinos ( which ever you prefer) that make a real attempt to assimilate and speak somewhat good English to fluent are usually the relatively new citizens, then there are those like my neighbors whom came over on Saturday to our garage sale and brought with them homemade Mojito's when it was very hot. They sat down with us, laughed and drank and ran a gaggle of non English disrespectful Hispanics off when they went through our stuff, dropping them to the ground, messing them up and just being rude, Carlos and Rebecca are both American born, of Mexican decent, and they are about as fed up as us with the illegals.

So what you are saying is that Illegals are not polite and rude and only speak spanish. How do you know if Carlos and Rebecca are not Illegals? did you see their papers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration