Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 03:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times

Advertisements

really? check the facts sister.

you must be really really clueless.

HERE IN LOS ANGELES THERE IS IN FACT A COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT.
it is the LACCD
Los Angeles Community College District - Home Page

and JC's and community colleges ARE public!

wow, whos the clueless one now.
you take a BIG L here.

its so easy proving you mis informed and simple-minded posters wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
District? This ain't public school where profits would go to public education as a whole. There is nothing public about community college! It sure ain't a non-profit organization. If the SC community colleges are like here, Capitalism at its finest. The only thing it is better for, is to increase profit for the community college.

Seriously... Better for the district. That was funny to see just how clueless, the clueless are.

Look, you have a follower, that is just as clueless... Better for the district, Hahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 03:49 PM

HA!!!! and looky here, the NC CC SYSTEM is split into- what...districts!

Find Your Community College

imagine that...

you really dont want to dance darling.

you are thoroughly dismissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Think again! There is no common sense in a fabrication to spin something.
"Better for the district," to tug at your bleeding heart, is a fabrication.
Their is no "district" for a community college, Einstein.

It does not justify the criminal act of, being here illegally and undocumented.

Go get an education in your homeland! Or get a visa to attend school here legally and documented you in our country, so we know who you are and where you came from.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM

from the article...

The rules, which would almost mirror guidelines for University of North Carolina campuses, would allow illegal immigrants to enroll in any of the system's 58 campuses if they have graduated from a U.S. high school.

But they also would have to pay the out-of-state tuition rate, which is nearly five times the in-state rate. They also couldn't qualify for financial aid or take the place of students who are legally in the U.S. on crowded campuses.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
All right, you've all had your fun, now please get back on topic.
Yac.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:34 PM

yes sir,

but my post in which i quoted the article should allay most fears.

i think this topic might be dead...

these illegals wont take the money from students (they might get it from the HSF, maybe), they wont take seats on campus, they have to pay 5X's as much tuition. and its a policy thats working in the larger 4 year system.

this makes it a non issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
All right, you've all had your fun, now please get back on topic.
Yac.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
if they pay more, isnt that better for the district?

They use to be called community college systems, not districts to outline boundaries.
I apologize for living in the past.
Had you said " if they pay more, isnt that better for the system?" I would have agreed immediately, as district is new to me to describe the local community college system.
District, made it sound like a comparison to grade and secondary, free public schools.

Again, I apologize.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 PM

66 posts, read 137,641 times
Yawn........

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
You'd have to understand the argument to debate it.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:51 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,142,829 times
I cant understand the part about "doing the work americans dont want to do" The illegals arent going to school to learn how to pick apples are they? Go figure and even when they finish school it will still be illegal for anyone to hire them.. We just dont have a government that will enforse our laws anymore..WE NEED A WORKER PERMIT PROGRAM LIKE CANADA HAS.. Our so called leaders know it but figure we are too stupid to know better I guess.....We american taxpayers need to stop all financial support for any college that educates illegals. We just dont need educated illegals here. The country they come from is the one that needs them .

Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
I have an idea. you know how many schools now a days are using portable classrooms right? Well, we can schedule all of them to be in that room, lock the doors and hook up a truck and drive them to the nearest INS office where they can be deported post haste.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,749 times
I don't blame this people for moving here i think i would do the samething. "under god" we suppose to love each other why are we making this people less. They just want to work and if you think that they are bad people >not all of them< let them work let them study we as american think that we are the greatest we are not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration