Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:14 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,439,653 times

Advertisements

I think that people should take down license plate numbers, addys and other info and make copies and sent it to the police dept maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
You are not going to stop illegal immigration until you make it easier and cheaper to come, live, and work here legally than it is to come, live, and work here illegally. The supply of immigrant labor exists only because of the demand for it. Stop buying goods -- like food and housing -- that have high immigrant labor content, and all will be well. If you aren't willing to give up things like food and housing, start thinking about how to get all this immigrant labor that you demand in here legally on an easier and cheaper basis. Those basically are your only two alternatives...
Our cost of living was quite low before illegals came here to L.A. in tremendously large numbers. Back then there was a low unemployment rate, plus very low crime compared to now. Illegals got work here because unethical employers hired them for less wages than the going rate. The more people there are the more jobs are needed....The less people there are the less jobs are needed! Americans are growing at a 'minus' percentage, while illegals/amnesty groups are growing at a large rate. Illegals go home and then way less jobs will be needed, the cost of living will plummet downward, and the wages will rise!!

Last edited by faith10; 05-07-2007 at 12:46 AM..

Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Now the question is, where are these future generations of illegals going to migrate too? Will anywhere be safe to go in say 20 years??? I dread the thought, thankfully by that time, I will be on my way out of this world, thankfully.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM

121 posts, read 226,172 times
They will invade Canada next. Mayby Europe. whoever has the most freebies.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:54 AM

Funny how those who are for it, are usually greedy business people or illegals themselves and those who have not one brain in their head. It is so bad that they can't possibly even deport 20 million without a war, but maybe that is what they want, that and the national id card, our country as we know it, is doomed.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 PM

8,092 posts, read 10,691,814 times
Default We Don't "need" Illegal Immigration!

How is it that we survived for decades without all of this illegal immigration? All of this propoganda about things being "cheaper" for us because of it, or that things wouldn't get done without illegal immigrants is absolutely ridiculous. The labor may seem "cheap" but we are simply paying for it in other ways. And as someone pointed out in another post, the states that don't have large influxes of illegal immigrants seem to be doing just fine without them, thank you very much! I'm in one of them - AND I can assure you, houses are being built here, produce is being "picked", ranches are being run, the economy here is growing, Wal-mart is packed every day, and nary an illegal in sight. Imagine that! I also predict states that toughen up their immigration laws will PROSPER, and not be hurt if they lose their illegal population to "friendlier states". The only ones who BENEFIT from illegal immigration are the illegals themselves, the employers who hire them, and the countries who export them here.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM

8,092 posts, read 10,691,814 times
How is it that we survived for decades without all of this illegal immigration? All of this propoganda about things being "cheaper" for us because of it, or that things wouldn't get done without illegal immigrants is absolutely ridiculous. The labor may seem "cheap" but we are simply paying for it in other ways. And as someone pointed out in another post, the states that don't have large influxes of illegal immigrants seem to be doing just fine without them, thank you very much! I'm in one of them - AND I can assure you, houses are being built here, produce is being "picked", ranches are being run, the economy here is growing, Wal-mart is packed every day, and nary an illegal in sight. Imagine that! I also predict states that toughen up their immigration laws will PROSPER, and not be hurt if they lose their illegal population to "friendlier states". The only ones who BENEFIT from illegal immigration are the illegals themselves, the employers who hire them, and the countries who export them here.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,801,967 times
Isn't it also a given that any area with a lot of wealty people needs slaves? Illegals fit the bill. I say, cut off the support for illegals, pass an anti-anchor baby act and boot out the troublemakers. Any big business willfully hiring illegals should be shut down for a given period of time. The US would be a LOT better without illegals. If immigrants want in, be legal like all the rest of our ancestors did!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:23 AM

The difference is that in the past the immigrants were not living on welfare and causing trouble, they worked hard to make what America is today, the problem is that the ones today are abusing the system, have no respect for the law and are lazy. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!~and a pretty big one too I might add!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,156,751 times
Quote:
Will anywhere be safe to go in say 20 years???
Safe? what specifically are you referring to? again please be specific.

also, Pgh native, I would suggest that they go to Pittsburgh.

While there is a serious issue, I find the ignorant AM radio based hysteria, troubling in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration