Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,863,210 times

Advertisements

listening to the radio, very briefly yesterday and there was some civil rights jerk complaining about the use of the term "illegal alien" or "illegal immigrant" and that they preferred if we would use the term "undocumented worker"... why the hell should we care what they get called? they ARE here ILLEGALLY, therefore are ILLEGAL immigrants... figured there was no room for this in the legal immigration forum, but what are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,544,179 times
My thoughts are that this thread belongs in "Politics & Other Controversies" forum...

Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM

then have someone move it for me, i was not sure

Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Distressing as it may be to be "pi$$ed off", I find it vastly preferable to being "pi$$ed ON"....at least, as a general rule...

Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 AM

tru dat

Old 10-05-2009, 10:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
My thoughts are that this thread belongs in "Politics & Other Controversies" forum...
Actually; since the OP's thread pertains directly to illegal immigration----------this is the correct Forum

Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
listening to the radio, very briefly yesterday and there was some civil rights jerk complaining about the use of the term "illegal alien" or "illegal immigrant" and that they preferred if we would use the term "undocumented worker"... why the hell should we care what they get called? they ARE here ILLEGALLY, therefore are ILLEGAL immigrants... figured there was no room for this in the legal immigration forum, but what are your thoughts?
The pc term these illegal alien advocates want us to use is meant to draw the attention away that these illegals have violated our immigration laws. I think it very arrogant for them to demand that U.S. citizens call them by anything other than the legal government term which is "illegal aiens". Who do they think they are? The sheer gall of it makes me sick that we have fellow Americans making demands like that and putting foreign illegals above their own fellow citizens.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,145,105 times
Its like this .If the LAW says they must have valid documentation AND THEY DONT, they are aliens who are here by illegal means which makes calling them ILLEGAL ALIENS 1oo% correct. Calling them that are hispanic "illegal hispanic immigrates" is also in order. Dont play the race card because race has nothing to do with it...

Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,671,547 times
old news. and a petty squabble.

who cares what either side calls them.

this is of no consequence to me. why it is to you is ineteresting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post

Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
old news. and a petty squabble.

who cares what either side calls them.

this is of no consequence to me. why it is to you is ineteresting...
It is the pro-illegal advocate side that is trying to dictate to the rest of us what to call those in our country illegally. I will not be dictated to or be told I cannot use a legal government term for something or someone. It is the pro-illegal advocate side that is making a big deal out of it and they need to STHU. If they want to feel all warm and fuzzy calling them by some warm and fuzzy term, then let them, but don't tell the rest of us that we have to do the same!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration