Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 PM

313 posts, read 344,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are the one with your empty accusations: I strongly suggest that you come up with proof.
Okay, I'll post a few of your hundreds of comments on Mestizos, Hispanics, and Mexican-Americans that have nothing to do with illegal immigration. And as usual, you'll cry about them being taken out of context. Here we go.

First:
we have a recent, prejudiced lie of yours.

Quote:
And guess what: care to explain why Asian kids who arrive here age 12 or younger are almost always fluent English speakers by age 18 yet so many US born Latino kids still sound like they just immigrated here with their heavy accents?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,217,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Okay, I'll post a few of your hundreds of comments on Mestizos, Hispanics, and Mexican-Americans that have nothing to do with illegal immigration. And as usual, you'll cry about them being taken out of context. Here we go.

First:
You are grasping at straws there. The cold reality is as I described. Call it prejudice, etc.-----------I do not care. Face it: the 'race card' does not work on me.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,401,204 times
Quote:

First:
Um that isn't a lie, at least around here. I know many US-born Latinos who speak with an accent that is peculiar to Latinos and Latinos alone. And many US-born Latino children start kindergarten or first grade unable to speak English. I know people of all races who are teachers and they say that is one of their biggest headaches. It is not true of all US-born Latinos but it is true of many of them, so how can it be a lie?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

One of your infamous anecdotes. Relevance to immigration?
Quote:
Interesting about the 'us' comment: I knew a guy with a common Spanish surname who looked 'Latino'. His mother was an Anglo and Tim self identified as White, not Hispanic. However; the Chicanos counted him as a Latino despite Tim repudiating their culture.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Um that isn't a lie, at least around here. I know many US-born Latinos who speak with an accent that is peculiar to Latinos and Latinos alone. And many US-born Latino children start kindergarten or first grade unable to speak English. I know people of all races who are teachers and they say that is one of their biggest headaches. It is not true of all US-born Latinos but it is true of many of them, so how can it be a lie?
Link stating US born Latinos are unable to speak English? Also, what kind of accent? New Englanders have an accent. Southern people have an accent. African-Americans have an accent. Italian-Americans have a stereotypical accent.

Waiting for a link.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Consider the source.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Link stating US born Latinos are unable to speak English? Also, what kind of accent? New Englanders have an accent. Southern people have an accent. African-Americans have an accent. Italian-Americans have a stereotypical accent.

Waiting for a link.
Try again: if discussing people of Italian lineage back east; their accent is generic to the Northeast for many Anglos. The ones here speak standard English .

Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Anti-illegal immigration, or Anti-Hispanic?
Quote:
That would not be cool-----------------martydom runs deep within Hispanic culture if nothing else. Plus; unlike, Mexico, the Rule of Law still holds sway here in the USA.
Quote:
That 'professor' is a screamin' hypocrite----------at best.

Why I say that is quite a few 'Chicanos' have white skin and blue eyes.

Besides: what would Gutierrez do if confronted by a White Mexican? He would most likely revert to the peon mindset so prevalent in Hispanic culture.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Anti-illegal immigration, or Anti-Hispanic?
The cold truth-----------deal with it.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
The cold truth-----------deal with it.
No, it's OPINION. But are you talking about "just illegals", or Hispanic culture as a whole? Hmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration