Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Never say never...you are in for a suprise in a very short time.
Please don’t tell me you actually believe those “amnesty is coming soon” promises. If so, you are truly being duped. Think about it. . . . why would the corporate elite who own this country, ever want to lose their cash cow illegals? You do realize they would no longer be profitable if legalized, don’t you?

Why do you think they keep shelling out OUR tax dollars to the likes of AIG, who then pay multi-million dollar bonuses to their execs? Where do you think they get the nerve to continuously slap us in the face by paying these bonuses and squandering tax dollars on million dollar weekend retreats? Face it, they pull the strings, and our politicians being the greedy scum they are, give them exactly what they want -- and, they want their cheap illegal labor.

If you have illegal family or friends, do them a favor, and advise them that they are simply being fed a pack of lies. There will be no amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,051,783 times
No it's not amnesty. It won't even satisfy either side but it will help our economy a little. I'm sure it will be out in the media within a week.

No, I didn't hear this from an illegal immigrant.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
No it's not amnesty. It won't even satisfy either side but it will help our economy a little. I'm sure it will be out in the media within a week.

Any ‘compromise’ which will allow illegals to remain in this country is unacceptable to the majority of the citizens. It won’t fly; particularly, with at least 18 million citizens currently unemployed.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:
Have you ever travelled outside the US Andreabeth? In most countries, if you commit a crime and you either pay a fine or serve time in jail, society forgives you and you are allowed to integrate yourself back into society.

This is one of the bad things about our country. Look at what happened with Vic, the football player. We live in a society that values animals over humans. Most of the people that do time in jail, when they get out, it is very hard to for them to get a job. Most US citizens do not forget consequently leaving this individuals out of a job, societal outcasts and simply unable to integrate themselves back into the community. I understand when someone has killed, raped, etc. In California, people rather pay for criminals to keep them in jail than to release them eventhough they have not committed violent crimes.

Illegal immigrants, unless found to be violent criminals, should be given the same opportunity. You dont have to agree with me but I think we do more harm by not letting them stay when some of them have their entire family here who happen to be American citizens. There is no way, that person will be able to start all over and feed his/her family in their country of origin. Consequently, we (tax payers) would be paying the bill.
As a matter of fact...........yes I have! I have even been employed overseas on a work visa.
Illegal immigration is a violation of US law. The penalty is deportation. What the illegal aliens and their advocates now demand that we do is change what has historically been the punishment for being in the US illegally to a mere slap on the hand because this will benefit their 'community'.

We are probably already paying most of the expenses of their family, so what if we pay a few thousand more each year? It would be worth every penny to the get the illegal head of household repatriated to their home country. This will demonstrate to future illegals that having Americans in your family does not guarantee you life in the US.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration