Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
Those jobs are not theirs. They are ours as in American jobs. So we can't covet what belongs to us
That's the problem. There just aren't very many Americans willing to take a lot of the low paying, dirty, manual labor jobs at the pay rate that Illegals are satisfied with.

So I guess the poster above "covets" the jobs--but wants to be paid more than Illegals are willing to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 AM

97 posts, read 116,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
That's the problem. There just aren't very many Americans willing to take a lot of the low paying, dirty, manual labor jobs at the pay rate that Illegals are satisfied with.

So I guess the poster above "covets" the jobs--but wants to be paid more than Illegals are willing to take.
Alot of those jobs aren't as low paying as you think. Like I said they are our jobs. Low paying jobs is no excuse for braking the law. Thats why we have work visa's

Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:

In this rotten economy; that excuse does not work.

Trust me: the 'jobs that Americans won't do' look pretty damn good----------assuming that the employers are forced to obey the law and pay at least minimum wage.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,328,873 times
Quote:

Are you for real? Americans just want to get paid a fair wage for any job but they will never get a fair wage as long as there are illegal aliens willing to work for less! Do you just completely discount the fact that they don't even have a right to be in this country much less work here? The only job that an American can't really do for a living is work the fields because of the low pay and are in rural areas but those jobs only make up 2% of our workforce. For those jobs there are visas available to farmers to use to bring in legal immigrants in for them.

Many of these low paying manual labor jobs our youth use to do before the illegals came in here in droves. They were entry level jobs for them plus college kids wanting some part time jobs. Even some of those jobs can be done by our seniors who are physically fit and need the extra income.

I can't even fathom why any American (assuming you are an American) would be an apologist or supporter of illegal aliens. You do realize the reasons we have immigration laws is because we cannot allow every poor and destitute person to come here anymore for all the aforementioned reasons in this forum, don't you? I am really curious as to what your motives are for your total lack of common sense on this issue.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
There goes the race card again. In my daily travels I constantly hear "tribal mentality" directed at different minority groups. I guess today, its Hispanics. Thanks for recognizing, at least, your prejudice toward a particular group of citizens. Your ethnocentric views are plain and clear.
"My ethnocentric views"? I am not the one vying for millions of anglo illegals to enter our country illegally. You have it butt backwards. What ethnic group does fit that description though? What group of Americans are marching in our streets for illegal immigration? What is the ethnic group that makes up the majority of illegals in this country? What is the organized groups ethnic identity who are vying for illegal immigration? Does the NCLR, Mecha, Lulac and the other dozens of Hispanic advocacy groups screaming for amnesy ring a bell?

No, I am not prejudiced against any law abiding, non-ethnocentric group of Americans in this country. If a Hispanic-American stands up for the rule of law rather than a tribal, ethnocentric mindset, I do respect them! I have made that very clear in here so why are you trying to twist it into something that it is not?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
So your saying those are good jobs, that Americans can no longer "afford" to do.

It is not that they won't do them, They won't do them for the wages the illegals have brought them down to.

Illegals have made once well respected crafts, that take great skill and care, into a commodity, were poor craftsmanship is now the norm, not the exception.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you for real? Americans just want to get paid a fair wage for any job but they will never get a fair wage as long as there are illegal aliens willing to work for less!
So, you are saying we should kick out those who are willing to take on the dirty, hard jobs for the least amount of wages. And give those jobs—at increased wages—to the bottom rung of U.S. citizens? Are you a communist? Or just have a total lack of understanding about the operation of a free market economy?

Quote:
Do you just completely discount the fact that they don't even have a right to be in this country much less work here?
And your point is…?

Quote:
The only job that an American can't really do for a living is work the fields because of the low pay and are in rural areas but those jobs only make up 2% of our workforce. For those jobs there are visas available to farmers to use to bring in legal immigrants in for them.
Yeah right. Take an efficient segment of the economy (our FOOD supply) and put this segment of the economy in the hands of federal bureaucrats. Do this, and just watch the price of hand-picked agricultural goods skyrocket. The example of the $700 toilet seat would be replaced by the $1,000 cantaloupe.

Quote:
Many of these low paying manual labor jobs our youth use to do before the illegals came in here in droves. They were entry level jobs for them plus college kids wanting some part time jobs. Even some of those jobs can be done by our seniors who are physically fit and need the extra income.
College kids? In about 10 minutes they would be out in the bushes screwing each other and smoking dope. Grandma and grampa? What are THEY going to do? Knock the oranges out of the trees with their walkers? Maybe they could throw orthapedic shoes up at the pears? ABSURD!!! You have got to be kidding. Have you ever set foot on a farm?? No clue. No clue whatsoever!! This would be a disaster from the getgo.

Quote:
I can't even fathom why any American (assuming you are an American) would be an apologist or supporter of illegal aliens. You do realize the reasons we have immigration laws is because we cannot allow every poor and destitute person to come here anymore for all the aforementioned reasons in this forum, don't you? I am really curious as to what your motives are for your total lack of common sense on this issue.
My motives? None. Other than I think the system works fine the way it is. We don’t need a bunch of clueless, meddling fools gumming up the works.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
So, you are saying we should kick out those who are willing to take on the dirty, hard jobs for the least amount of wages. And give those jobs—at increased wages—to the bottom rung of U.S. citizens? Are you a communist? Or just have a total lack of understanding about the operation of a free market economy?

And your point is…?

Yeah right. Take an efficient segment of the economy (our FOOD supply) and put this segment of the economy in the hands of federal bureaucrats. Do this, and just watch the price of hand-picked agricultural goods skyrocket. The example of the $700 toilet seat would be replaced by the $1,000 cantaloupe.

College kids? In about 10 minutes they would be out in the bushes screwing each other and smoking dope. Grandma and grampa? What are THEY going to do? Knock the oranges out of the trees with their walkers? Maybe they could throw orthapedic shoes up at the pears? ABSURD!!! You have got to be kidding. Have you ever set foot on a farm?? No clue. No clue whatsoever!! This would be a disaster from the getgo.

My motives? None. Other than I think the system works fine the way it is. We don’t need a bunch of clueless, meddling fools gumming up the works.
If we really had a free market economy we wouldn't have a minimum wage now would we? There are Americans willing to do those dirty jobs. They always have at a fair wage. "Communist"? Guess that makes this entire country communistic in nature then according your standards.

How is asking the farmers to use the visas available to them for legal foreigner workers putting into the hands of federal bureaucrats? It works very well for the farmers that choose to use them. It is utter nonsense that fruits and veggy prices would escalate. More propaganda by the far left illegal alien loving traitors.

I never said that college kids would pick fruit or seniors either. Illegals are taking all kinds of other jobs that can be done by these Americans.

Oh yeah, the system works really great the way it is FOR THE GREEDY EMPLOYERS ONLY! It isn't working so well for Americans out of work, paying for these illegals social costs, increases in crime, extra demands on our natural resources and the millions added to our population that can't even speak English. FYI, we have immigration laws and for good reasons is that what you call " clueless medding gumming up the works?" What kind of an American are you? Or are you one?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,155,674 times
Quote:

And your point is…?

It is time for the USA to close/lock our southern border, cancel birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies, make English our official language as well as crack down hard on the illegal aliens already here.

Face it: with this recession; none of our arguments are even valid.

If it means Mexico collapses and dies; maybe we will pick up some additional land and people for a song. 'Amnesty' those Mx nationals here illegally from the annexed lands only and boot out the rest.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Face it: with this recession; none of our arguments are even valid.
This I agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration