Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I can't believe how White-looking many of the "Latinos" are on this show. Most don't look like that in real life. It really shows how they are trying to Americanize illegal aliens.
Uhhh...Not ALL Latinos are indigenous Indian Mexicans. Latino is an ETHNICITY. And not all Latinos are illegal immigrants. Can we like sticky this at the top of the forum? Perhaps post a banner? This seems like the most obvious knowledge to even a person of below average intelligence.

Last edited by simpleharmonicmotion; 10-21-2009 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Will somebody tell the loony liberals that being anti- illegal immigration does not equal hate speech, or being a racist, or anti-latino? The liberals sure are doing their damnest to stamp out diverse ideas and opinions that oppose their view, which is rather anti-American if you ask me.

How come these moonbats never complain about the rabid anti-Americanism being promoted in Mexico, where most illegal aliens hail from? Do we really want these third-world anti-Americans leeching off of this country getting free education, health services, all at tax-payer's expense? And sending most of the money they make under the table back to their "homeland"?

I fail to see how it's wrong for any country to make it a priority take care of its own people and legal immigrants, rather than carrying non-tax paying freeloading illegal immigrants on its back. If it were Americans invading Mexico illegally and demanding that Mexico accommodate them, liberals would be screaming bloody murder.

Save America and deport all illegal aliens. Don't start with the idiotic "but Europeans stole this land from Indians" b.s. ******* argument. Ascribing modern mores to an ancient people where conquering new worlds was as noble an idea as modern man conquering the moon makes absolutely no logical sense. If we do that then let's just go back a couple thousand more years and send everybody back to where they originally came from: Africa. There. End of everybody's problems.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Don't start with the idiotic "but Europeans stole this land from Indians" b.s. ******* argument.

Stealing, doesn't get your arse kicked like robbery does.

I have been robbed!!

It is not going to turn out good, when the Judge is the same guy that robbed you.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I can't believe how White-looking many of the "Latinos" are on this show. Most don't look like that in real life. It really shows how they are trying to Americanize illegal aliens.

Well latin is not a race, yes there are many whites also in mexico and cetral america many indigeneous, but the same happens with the image of the USA abroad because many of the american headliners, like in music and sports, and now our President are african american.....

Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Well latin is not a race, yes there are many whites also in mexico and cetral america many indigeneous, but the same happens with the image of the USA abroad because many of the american headliners, like in music and sports, and now our President are african american.....

Latio comes from Latin America, which if my memory serves me right is central America? Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, and so on.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 PM

76 posts, read 146,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I agree with what Melissa Morales said in the article:

Quote:
But Morales, who works at a nonprofit group promoting emerging women leaders, said CNN is trying to have it both ways by airing a nuanced view of the Latino community at the same time it provides a nightly platform for Dobbs.

"Lou Dobbs creates a venomous atmosphere for all immigrants, particularly Latinos," she said. "His sources are questionable at best, unquestionably racist at worst."

I am glad CNN is being called out on this one, however, CNN will retort they are being "balanced" by offering both sides.
Wrong. Lou Dobbs is against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. There is a major difference between legal immigrants and legal ones. He has never once spoken against legal immagration. In fact, he is favor of it as he knows it is what built America. So be pro-legal immigration. Be anti-illegal immigration.

Moderator cut: link removed, completely off topic

Last edited by Yac; 10-22-2009 at 06:57 AM..

Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Latio comes from Latin America, which if my memory serves me right is central America? Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, and so on.
Latinos can be from Latin America, from Spain, from Italy, etc. It has nothing to do with any particular race. They can be Caucasian, Black or indigenous or mixed.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Latinos can be from Latin America, from Spain, from Italy, etc. It has nothing to do with any particular race. They can be Caucasian, Black or indigenous or mixed.

I didn't say anything about race... You did. I spoke of nationalities.
Which proves your the actually the racist in this discussion.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't say anything about race... You did. I spoke of nationalities.
Which proves your the actually the racist in this discussion.
Well you responded to a comment regarding race. I didnt know you had a question about geography. Sorry

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,233,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseas123 View Post
Latino is an ETHNICITY.
Yes, and those of us who are true Latins (Central European Alpinids) are tired of the word being hijacked.

This is Latin:

http://www.students.sbc.edu/smith04/Octavian%202.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration