Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
The folks trying to silence Lou Dobbs seem to not only be Anti-Lou Dobbs but anti-First Amendment, which is scary in itself. Painting Lou Dobbs as a racist and anti-Immigrant because he believes that the Immigration laws should be followed and enforced AND because he points out organizations that have assisted Illegal Aliens in their criminal activities is reporting.. plain and simple..

The folks that are Anti-Lou Dobbs fail to come up with any solid evidence of xenophobia other than Lou reporting on "Broken Borders", but no quotes of Mr. Dobbs making racist comments.. Sounds like merely attempting to silence voices of those one disagrees with, which is much more Nazi-esque than reporting factual information..
That’s precisely what is happening. Obviously, there is a concerted effort by so-called “immigrant” advocates to demonize all in the media who dare tell the truth. They spew accusations of racism, yet they provide no proof. They need to produce the evidence of Lou’s xenophobia, or stop slandering him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM

589 posts, read 757,062 times
Lou dobbs is called names by the 'hispanic leaders' on that show because he is telling the truth about illegal aliens coming in. Like it or not, but Illegals likely make up ~33% of the hispanic population in the country, and its probably higher than that...So anyone who is critical of our open door policy and wants it shut is a threat to the Latino power structure in the country. There is power in numbers, just look at the Native americans.

So anyone who wants illegals deported is a threat. And the 12 million number is BS btw to, its more around 30 million since illegals are undercounted, and that 12 million number has been flung around since the late 90s [surely more illegals came in past the 90s].

Besides that im convinced the Government wants them here. Full stop, no questions asked.

Its our government's job to control our borders and deport illegal aliens, yet the government does nothing. And it goes out of its way to strip those of power from deporting illegals IF they are going out of thier way to do it [like the Arizona sheriff].

30 million illegals here? Not the latinos fault. Blame our corrupt government.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
ya, and lets use negro, and mulatto, and octoroon and lobo.

they are such wonderful words!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
It has evolved because it was hijacked. Latin is Latin -- Mestizo is the word people should be using most of the time when they lean "Latin".

Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
im in compton frequently, what do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Do you care to mention that a lot of Latinos are prejudiced against blacks? If you don't believe me just go to Compton.

It goes all way.

As for the "us vs. them" attitude. I think of it as me vs. everyone else. I'm going against everyone of all races and colors to put food on the table and get an education. Anyone who gets in my way is subject to a battle with me. Illegal immigrants seem to like to get in my way so i'll fight them like I do anyone else who gets in my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration