Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
I really feel sorry for all the law enforcement in this country that arrest illegal aliens for crimes and then see them back on the street! This must be very frustrating. Illegal aliens get away with things Americans don't, including collecting welfare and driving without insurance. When they get caught or get in an accident they just walk away with no consequences and create a new identity.

It really makes me sick to think how they are taking advantage of our hard work and the federal government is just refusing to protect the public!
Another thing the illegals get away with is NOT having to give a real verifiable ID when they go to the ER. Now you and I must be checked and verified so if we dont have insurance or cash to pay the hospital can turn it over to a bill collector and you can lose your home if they dont get paid, They dont do this with the illegals and then charge us more to make up for the ones that cant pay. Let you or I go to the ER and "pretend" to not speak english and offer no real ID,THAT WOULD BE ANOTHER MATTER AND WE WOULDNT GET TREATED .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
If we can put a man on the moon......

Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Meg Whitman spoke out on immigration policy issues yesterday, saying it is “simply not practical” to deport the estimated 12.5 million illegal immigrants living and working in the United States.

Meg Whitman needs to look up President Eisehower and how he deported as many to give space for jobs to returning vets. It was called "operation __________" (Figure out what people south of the border used to be called.)

Old 11-05-2009, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Meg Whitman spoke out on immigration policy issues yesterday, saying it is “simply not practical” to deport the estimated 12.5 million illegal immigrants living and working in the United States.

Meg Whitman needs to look up President Eisehower and how he deported as many to give space for jobs to returning vets. It was called "operation __________" (Figure out what people south of the border used to be called.)

You mean the condition of their back as they crossed the Rio Grande?

Hey, only Texans can use that term!!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,821 times
Every couple of months the pro illegal enablers take turns running a piece of misinformation about how it's impractical to try to deport 12-20 million illegals therefore we need to amnesty them as the only solution.

I then always come up with my obligatory piece about a more practical solution than just deportation would be attrition through rigorous enforcement of existing immigration laws which produces self deportation. Then too, Arizona and Oklahoma showed us that passing new tough on illegals laws/tough on the criminal employers of illegals laws produces mass exoduses of illegals.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM

549 posts, read 1,665,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As I have been saying all along, we cannot deport ALL illegal immigrants. We dont have the resources. Even if we cut all benefits, they would still be here as long as they have a job. It was proven in the other thread I provided. Those are the facts...its not about the benefits but about WORK.

I'm sure she is not in favor of legalizing those that are unemployed.

Im already loving this woman. Secure our borders...YES!

Path to legalization needed, GOP candidate Whitman says - SignOnSanDiego.com

If it is not practical to deport them, what other solutions do you find to illegal immigration? FYI- cutting benefits is clearly not factor for reverse immigration. What other options do we have?

The easiest solution would be to NOT HIRE UNDOCUMENTED RESIDENTS.

That´s what (Developed nations) Europeans, New Zealanders, Australians, Japanese, South Koreans and Canadians do ... THEY DON´T HIRE PEOPLE WITHOUT PAPERS.

We should do the same in the U.S.... ohh but wait... some U.S. employers are too greedy and they love cheap labor....

So what should the government do?

The government should press severe charges on employers who hire undocumented workers.

If undocumented people have no job they have no reason to be here, and the government doesn´t have to spend a huge chunk of money deporting them or hiring more and more Border agents on a daily basis...

USA wouldn´t be attractive anymore to undocumented immigrants...if and only if employers follow the LAW.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You mean the condition of their back as they crossed the Rio Grande?

Hey, only Texans can use that term!!
Yes..here in Calif. it's often 'alambrista'. The 'mojado' part does sound a little silly on dry land....

Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
The easiest solution would be to NOT HIRE UNDOCUMENTED RESIDENTS.

That´s what (Developed nations) Europeans, New Zealanders, Australians, Japanese, South Koreans and Canadians do ... THEY DON´T HIRE PEOPLE WITHOUT PAPERS.

We should do the same in the U.S.... ohh but wait... some U.S. employers are too greedy and they love cheap labor....

So what should the government do?

The government should press severe charges on employers who hire undocumented workers.

If undocumented people have no job they have no reason to be here, and the government doesn´t have to spend a huge chunk of money deporting them or hiring more and more Border agents on a daily basis...

USA wouldn´t be attractive anymore to undocumented immigrants...if and only if employers follow the LAW.
Makes sense to me....no 'hate', no 'xenophobia', no racism....just common sense. If you have the right to work here, you can prove it in 15 seconds. If not..sorry, we can't accomodate you.

I can't imagine why anyone would object to this....well, I'll re-word that; I can easily imagine why SOME people would object...but then, EVERY law has a few people who object to it...right?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
didnt as many as 1 million US citizens get erroneously deported during that operation?

it was a fail.

EDIT: it wasnt eisenhower, it was hoover, and it happened in the 30's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post

Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
didnt as many as 1 million US citizens get erroneously deported during that operation?

it was a fail.

EDIT: it wasnt eisenhower, it was hoover, and it happened in the 30's.
The 30's? Now play fair. That was long before we had any standard forms of documentation such as SSN's Drivers licenses,and even birth certificates. Lets face it anyone born today has a birth certificate. Its a different system much more modern. But then again I am a fan of a national ID card.
But you have a valid point. Indiscriminate deportation is not the way to go. No ID? No valid SSn? No birth certificate or the one you have can not be verified? Not looking good for illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration