Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I blame the bush crime cartel for it. the whole time that Bush was saying "My job is to protect the american people" over and over again thousands of illegals were coming in every day and Bush had no idea what they were up to...What a joke.

Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2, and now States are finally making the call.
Then you have anti-American groups trying to overturn the States laws, that are in line with the 1986 immigration reform act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,275 times
Ms-13 and their ilk are nothing short of a Terrorist organization.. They have little regard for our country and the rule of law AND will use "any means necessary" to advance their agenda.. They should be rounded up, arrested and held at Gitmo..

Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Default Feds eye possible gang hit plot vs US law enforcer

If we don’t get serious, the MS-13 and the drug cartels will control this country.

Quote:
Authorities are investigating a claim that MS-13 leaders in El Salvador ordered the execution of a U.S. law enforcer who's been cracking down on the street gang's New York activities.

A reputed MS-13 member told authorities that the gang was trying to get a high-powered assault rifle to penetrate the federal agent's bulletproof vest.
Feds eye possible gang hit plot vs US law enforcer - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM

22 posts, read 18,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If we don’t get serious, the MS-13 and the drug cartels will control this country.

Feds eye possible gang hit plot vs US law enforcer - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
For one thing, MS-13 and the drug cartels aren't partners. Apples and Oranges. Just because they're both mostly brown, doesn't mean they have some divine connection, and are going to join forces to enslave you "regular" Americans.

Two, there's too many comments on here suggesting MS-13 is this giant, well-connected super gang. A gang that calls itself MS-13 in D.C. has very loose ties, if any, with MS-13 in Pico Union Los Angeles. Same with any gang that calls itself MS-13 in El Salvador. Yeah, maybe someone from Los Angeles now lives in DC, or was deported to El Salvador is a member of an inspired gang there. But it's not a giant, connected gang.

Just look at the Surenos in Southern California. Yeah, they're all Sureno, but the main structure is the prison system. On the streets, they're just gangs. Without the prison system, "Sureno" and "southsider" would just be geographical terms.

People getting paranoid over scary names like MS-13, need to realize that unless committed against another gang, random violence by a gangmember is still random violence. It doesn't matter what they call themselves.

I cringe everytime I hear stupid nonsense like "MS-13 is on a whole other level than the Crips!".

Do you know how many gangs call themselves Crips or Bloods across the WORLD? And yet, they're loosely connected in Los Angeles itself.

And the drug cartels don't "control the country". Drug consumption does. American dollars make drug lords rich. A very difficult concept for some to wrap their mind around, because its so much easier to blame Mexicans, or "others".

Old 11-04-2009, 01:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
all very valid points...

and i agree, there does tend to be lots of hyperbole with regards to gangs, crime and illegals.

but it is undeniable that MS, regradless of where they find themselves, are some of the most brutal gang members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post
For one thing, MS-13 and the drug cartels aren't partners. Apples and Oranges. Just because they're both mostly brown, doesn't mean they have some divine connection, and are going to join forces to enslave you "regular" Americans.

Two, there's too many comments on here suggesting MS-13 is this giant, well-connected super gang. A gang that calls itself MS-13 in D.C. has very loose ties, if any, with MS-13 in Pico Union Los Angeles. Same with any gang that calls itself MS-13 in El Salvador. Yeah, maybe someone from Los Angeles now lives in DC, or was deported to El Salvador is a member of an inspired gang there. But it's not a giant, connected gang.

Just look at the Surenos in Southern California. Yeah, they're all Sureno, but the main structure is the prison system. On the streets, they're just gangs. Without the prison system, "Sureno" and "southsider" would just be geographical terms.

People getting paranoid over scary names like MS-13, need to realize that unless committed against another gang, random violence by a gangmember is still random violence. It doesn't matter what they call themselves.

I cringe everytime I hear stupid nonsense like "MS-13 is on a whole other level than the Crips!".

Do you know how many gangs call themselves Crips or Bloods across the WORLD? And yet, they're loosely connected in Los Angeles itself.

And the drug cartels don't "control the country". Drug consumption does. American dollars make drug lords rich. A very difficult concept for some to wrap their mind around, because its so much easier to blame Mexicans, or "others".

Old 11-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post

Your affinity for gangs is duly noted.

I don’t care if they are from Mexico, El Salvador, Timbuktu, or Mars. Nor do I care what the connections may or may not be between the scum located in LA and DC. If only one innocent person is killed by these gangs, it IS significant, because it is a human life. Contrary to your belief, they ARE a problem for the citizens of this country, and their presence is being felt nationwide from major cities to small towns.

I don’t recall implying that these two groups of sub-human excrement are coalescing to enslave anyone. Perhaps you will be kind enough to direct me to that post. However, some of these gangs are in fact working in tandem with drug cartels.

The drug cartels may not control this country yet, but they damn sure do control Mexico. Their carnage has entered this country; and as a citizen, I find that quite disturbing, as well as unacceptable. I don’t want decapitations and mutilations becoming a daily occurrence here, as they are in Mexico. Furthermore, your lack of concern is irrelevant to the reality of this issue. It is your prerogative to believe and feel as you choose. It doesn’t change the fact that this is an escalating problem in this country which must be addressed.

These are a few of the ‘insignificant’ lives lost due to illegal alien gangs.
Quote:
Police said the shooting that killed a 4-month-old boy and injured two others in Van Nuys early this morning was prompted by an argument between rival gang members.

One of the two suspects fired a shotgun six times and both fled on foot, police said.

The infant was “caught in the middle of a gang confrontation,” Nuttall said. “It’s a disturbing crime scene.”
Infant killed in Van Nuys gang shooting | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Quote:
In the case of this young 14-year-old honor student in Montgomery County Maryland, he was guilty of riding a bus. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time, when a 20-year old MS-13 gangbanger and his buddies decided to kill someone. The man, Hector M. Hernandez, an illegal alien from El Salvador and two other gang members, executed Tai while he was on a bus, returning home from an outing with friends. No particular reason. They just wanted to kill something.
Who gets hurt? Is Illegal Immigration a victimless crime? Part IV

Quote:
Perfecto Rios, 17, is charged with five counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, one count of first-degree rape and one count of first-degree kidnapping.

Authorities said they identified Rios as an illegal immigrant and a member of a local gang.
Police: Illegal Immigrant, Gang Member Charged In Crimes Across Region - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Quote:
On Wednesday, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced it will seek the death penalty against Pedro Espinoza for the 2008 killing of 17-year-old Jamiel Shaw II. Espinoza is an illegal immigrant and member of the notorious 18th Street gang. Shaw was a standout running back on his high school football team.
Death penalty sought for illegal alien murder suspect (OneNewsNow.com) (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=660644 - broken link)

Quote:
Immigrant gangs1 are considered a unique public safety threat due to their members’ propensity for violence and their involvement in transnational crime.
Taking Back the Streets: ICE and Local Law Enforcement Target Immigrant Gangs | Center for Immigration Studies

Quote:
Law enforcement officers from communities unaffected by gangs until the 1980s or early 1990s often find themselves scrambling to obtain training relevant to what are called hybrid youth gangs in the 21st century. These include gangs with large memberships of illegal aliens from Mexico (Mexican Mafia), El Salvador (MS-13), the Dominican Republic, and others.

The expanded presence of gangs is often blamed on the relocation of members from one city to another, which is called gang migration. Some gangs are very transient and conduct their activities on a national basis. This is especially true of illegal immigrant gangs.
Illegal alien gang violence proliferating in U.S.

Quote:
A large share of those involved with the immigrant gangs active in Virginia, such as MS-13, Surenos, and 18th Street, are illegal aliens.

25-50% of all gangsters arrested in northern and western Virginia are estimated to be deportable aliens. Gang investigators estimate that 90% of the members of MS-13, the most notorious immigrant gang, are illegal aliens.

Gangsters tend to work by day in construction, landscaping, farming, and day labor, and at night are involved in organized crime including drug dealing, prostitution rings, theft, and extortion.
Center for Immigration Studies

You’re right, there is absolutely no connection between illegal aliens in gangs and the Mexican drug cartels.

Quote:
Many of American gangs have developed regular working relationships with Mexican Drug Cartels (MDC´s) and other international criminal organizations in Mexico, Central America, Canada and Afghanistan.

According to federal law enforcement gang members provide Mexican MDC´s with support, such as smuggling, transportation, and security.

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California-based, prison gangs cooperate with Mexico-based MDC´s to smuggle wholesale quantities of cocaine and marijuana and illegal aliens into the United States from Mexico. According to federal authorities.

Often national and international-level Hispanic street gangs have close associations with Mexico-based MDC´s.
American Chronicle | Mexican drug cartel gang members in most American cities and our military

Quote:
In the largest single strike at Mexican drug operations in the U.S., authorities arrested more than 300 people in a sting that demonstrates an upstart cartel's vast reach north of the border.

The tentacles of "La Familia" extend coast to coast and deep into America's heartland, with arrests announced Thursday in 38 cities from Boston to Seattle and from St. Paul, Minn., to Raleigh, N.C.

In the Inland Empire, a cluster of east Los Angeles suburbs where 25 people were arrested and 156 pounds of methamphetamine seized, most suspects are illegal immigrants from Mexico who came to the United States to work for La Familia, said Stephen Azzam, DEA assistant special agent in charge in Riverside, Calif.

La Familia is known as unusually violent, even by Mexico's standards.
La Familia Cartel Targeted, Police Arrest More Than 300 Across U.S.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
whoa there. the van nuys gang dude wasnt an illegal.

stop mixing all this together.

i see this guys points. there is a lot of exageration about gangs and such.

its not as big as people think.

but it IS def. a problem. i see it on a daily. and it has nothing to do with citizenship.

this country has always seen waves of criminality from organized groups.

the mobsters. lynch mobs. bikers. crips and bloods. neo-nazis. 18th streeters (and assorted LA gangs). now MS is taking its place along the timeline of gang activity.

its a problem, but it think this guys point was that THEY ARE NOT TAKING OVER ANYTHING.

MS cant even control LA. it has a small section that it has. it cant go to south central. the crips wont let them.

the brutality is over the top, but its not taking over. to think otherwise is to be paranoid.

ive seen gangs come and go. MS in the US, we can grab a hold of them
in El sal, who knows...

Quote:
Your affinity for gangs is duly noted.

I don’t care if they are from Mexico, El Salvador, Timbuktu, or Mars. Nor do I care what the connections may or may not be between the scum located in LA and DC. If only one innocent person is killed by these gangs, it IS significant, because it is a human life. Contrary to your belief, they ARE a problem for the citizens of this country, and their presence is being felt nationwide from major cities to small towns.

I don’t recall implying that these two groups of sub-human excrement are coalescing to enslave anyone. Perhaps you will be kind enough to direct me to that post. However, some of these gangs are in fact working in tandem with drug cartels.

The drug cartels may not control this country yet, but they damn sure do control Mexico. Their carnage has entered this country; and as a citizen, I find that quite disturbing, as well as unacceptable. I don’t want decapitations and mutilations becoming a daily occurrence here, as they are in Mexico. Furthermore, your lack of concern is irrelevant to the reality of this issue. It is your prerogative to believe and feel as you choose. It doesn’t change the fact that this is an escalating problem in this country which must be addressed.

These are a few of the ‘insignificant’ lives lost due to illegal alien gangs.

Infant killed in Van Nuys gang shooting | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Who gets hurt? Is Illegal Immigration a victimless crime? Part IV

Police: Illegal Immigrant, Gang Member Charged In Crimes Across Region - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Death penalty sought for illegal alien murder suspect (OneNewsNow.com) (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=660644 - broken link)

Taking Back the Streets: ICE and Local Law Enforcement Target Immigrant Gangs | Center for Immigration Studies

Illegal alien gang violence proliferating in U.S.

Center for Immigration Studies

You’re right, there is absolutely no connection between illegal aliens in gangs and the Mexican drug cartels.

American Chronicle | Mexican drug cartel gang members in most American cities and our military

La Familia Cartel Targeted, Police Arrest More Than 300 Across U.S.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
whoa there. the van nuys gang dude wasnt an illegal.

stop mixing all this together.

i see this guys points. there is a lot of exageration about gangs and such.

its not as big as people think.

but it IS def. a problem. i see it on a daily. and it has nothing to do with citizenship.

this country has always seen waves of criminality from organized groups.

the mobsters. lynch mobs. bikers. crips and bloods. neo-nazis. 18th streeters (and assorted LA gangs). now MS is taking its place along the timeline of gang activity.

its a problem, but it think this guys point was that THEY ARE NOT TAKING OVER ANYTHING.

MS cant even control LA. it has a small section that it has. it cant go to south central. the crips wont let them.

the brutality is over the top, but its not taking over. to think otherwise is to be paranoid.

ive seen gangs come and go. MS in the US, we can grab a hold of them
in El sal, who knows...
Ok, I stand corrected on the baby. However, that does not diminish this problem. I don’t know about LA, but I do have firsthand knowledge of the DC area. This area of the country has never been known for having widespread gang activity, until now. Sure, there were a few gangs (crews) in DC, but gang activity in the suburbs was unheard of.

An unprecedented increase in gang activity has resulted from massive illegal immigration in the DC area. I have witnessed formerly nice middle-class areas being transformed into illegal alien gang havens. I’m sorry, but we are not accustomed to this, and it is very unsettling.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:32 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,141,957 times
Do you think that just maybe we need to start checking the IDS on a few of the millions and millions and millions of illegals that are here?,,,,,,,,,or it that just being a racist? LOL

Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Ok, I stand corrected on the baby. However, that does not diminish this problem. I don’t know about LA, but I do have firsthand knowledge of the DC area. This area of the country has never been known for having widespread gang activity, until now. Sure, there were a few gangs (crews) in DC, but gang activity in the suburbs was unheard of.

An unprecedented increase in gang activity has resulted from massive illegal immigration in the DC area. I have witnessed formerly nice middle-class areas being transformed into illegal alien gang havens. I’m sorry, but we are not accustomed to this, and it is very unsettling.
Not entirely true: there was a group (mostly Anglo White) group in Falls Church, Va. that had definite gang tendencies back in the 1970's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration