Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:53 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,890 times

Advertisements

Brain-dead American voters need to quit putting Republicans or Democrats in political positions! There's not a dime's worth of difference between them. Wake up suckers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We need to clean house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Brain-dead American voters need to quit putting Republicans or Democrats in political positions! There's not a dime's worth of difference between them. Wake up suckers!
It is absolute insanity. Why would anyone with an ounce of sense continue to elect the same worthless crooks to represent their best interest, when time and again they prove they are only interested in lining their pockets and remaining in office?

You’re absolutely right. There is no difference; they are all egomaniacal shysters.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:03 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You know, I wish people would not point fingers at democrats. I'm a registered democrat and I am very much opposed to illegal aliens being here in my country. Actually I believe there was a poll nation-wide and 75% of people want illegals out of the country. Now, I'm pretty sure that 75% of people are NOT democrats, which would mean that only 25% are either republicans or other minor party members.

Besides, this illegal immigration has been going on for a long time..I don't see any difference between the Bush years and now in regard to this problem.

I have been ignoring posts like yours but sometimes it just gets to me...
Well, you can still keep sticking your head in the sand if you want and keep reelecting these liberal blatantly hispandering Democratic politicians year after year. Democrats always like to bring up Bush but, CURRENTLY, clearly the Democratic political leaders, Pelosi, Reid, and Obama, etal, are pushing amnesty and clearly the current group of Republican political leaders are fighting an amnesty. But you go right on being part of the problem.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,818,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Actually, to be more specific, these unwanted illegal border jumpers probably won't be deported by a hispandering Democratically controlled (until the 2010 elections) Congress because she's pregnant with a future Democratic VOTER.
If there are only 12 million illegal immigrants here & allowed to stay,
That means add the spouses make 24 million ,
add a low 2 children each couple and it makes 48 million
and maybe 2 ( of 4 )grandparents makes 96 million.

You want the immigrants to come? Fine, legal ones.
Border jumpers will all be Dems and we (the taxpayers) will pay for them.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:20 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, you can still keep sticking your head in the sand if you want and keep reelecting these liberal blatantly hispandering Democratic politicians year after year. Democrats always like to bring up Bush but, CURRENTLY, clearly the Democratic political leaders, Pelosi, Reid, and Obama, etal, are pushing amnesty and clearly the current group of Republican political leaders are fighting an amnesty. But you go right on being part of the problem.
Well, you can keep on trying to divide people who agree on a topic. I don't know why you think that is a good thing, though.

Just because I am a registered democrat doesn't mean I vote the party ticket all the time. I vote for people who represent my interests, no matter what party they belong to. Can you say the same, or do you just blindly vote for 'your party'? Yes, I have voted for republicans in my state, several times. I really couldn't vote for mc cain; not with Palin as VP. God, what if mc cain bit the dust during his term? Gave me the shivers! I know many republicans who voted for obama for just that reason.

You have to admit that there is essentially no difference in the handling of illegals. Yes, the WH talks about amnesty, but actions speak louder than words, and there is NO action happening; just a lot of talk, the same talk as during bush's term. At least E-Verify is still alive, although I think it should be mandatory for all businesses.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Well, you can keep on trying to divide people who agree on a topic. I don't know why you think that is a good thing, though.
Well, that 75% of Americans that don't like illegal immigration certainly don't agree on what to do about it.

Quote:
Just because I am a registered democrat doesn't mean I vote the party ticket all the time. I vote for people who represent my interests, no matter what party they belong to. Can you say the same, or do you just blindly vote for 'your party'? Yes, I have voted for republicans in my state, several times. I really couldn't vote for mc cain; not with Palin as VP. God, what if mc cain bit the dust during his term? Gave me the shivers! I know many republicans who voted for obama for just that reason.
I'm a conservative. I would have voted for Hoffman over Scozzafava the Republican. By the way, how has voting for the most liberal Senator in Congress for Pres worked out for you?

Quote:
You have to admit that there is essentially no difference in the handling of illegals. Yes, the WH talks about amnesty, but actions speak louder than words, and there is NO action happening; just a lot of talk, the same talk as during bush's term. At least E-Verify is still alive, although I think it should be mandatory for all businesses.
Well every speech Obama makes to La Raza he promises amnesty, while there are currently no Republicans talking amnesty. Sooner or later the community organizer in chief will have to produce some action on amnesty. E-verify got extended because of Republicans. It was being blocked by Democrats.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Well, it seems you just want to be combative, which doesn't solve anything.
There is no point in responding to your post.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Well, it seems you just want to be combative, which doesn't solve anything.
There is no point in responding to your post.
OK then. Quit while you're behind and continue to be part of the problem.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Another instant U.S. citizen. I wonder how many other pregnant women were in their group.

Pregnant migrant rescued from desert - The Deming Headlight
This woman obviously wasn't coming here to take one of the low paying hard jobs that an American wouldn't want. She's coming for the welfare handouts and she will likely get them. She came to retire and be supported by the US taxpayer, she never has to worry about working another day.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:36 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,046,496 times
Quote:
Another instant U.S. citizen. I wonder how many other pregnant women were in their group.

Pregnant migrant rescued from desert - The Deming Headlight
I'm sure she was deported. Eventhough she was pregnant, it doesnt say here that she gave birth. That means, after getting medical treatment, they had to have been deported.

Leaving immigrants behind is something very common the "disgusting" coyotes do. This is why it is very important to secure our borders but apparently, its hypocritical better to use illegal immigrants going across the border to maintain the economy of the US and have them send their remittances back to help "the other economy". Its a game both governments love to play with illegal immigrants. A system that works for them and that is why it will never end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration