Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 AM

706 posts, read 940,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
tea party Usage out of control. i can see it now as it happened already

tea parties against DEsegregation(back to the future)
tea parties against tobacco
tea parties against___________fill in the blanks

Tea parties against de-segragation ? Where was that held ?

So, is it the idea of people speaking up and being heard that is guilty"overusage" or is it just the name itself ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Tea parties against de-segragation ? Where was that held ?

So, is it the idea of people speaking up and being heard that is guilty"overusage" or is it just the name itself ?

it wasn't called tea party then but it can be applied these events happened in the 60's and prior to the 60's all over the country. against the goverment, pro states rights

i believe they need to use another word they taking these way out of context.tea parties based on tea acts. has nothing to do with amnesty. get a new word!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerrabbit View Post
The difference is, the anti-illegal group is a lot more tolerant(if not particpant) of "non-racists" criticizings Mexicans, Hispanics, Latinos.

I don't hear a lot of gay people accepting those who talk about pedophilia or bestiality.

There are too many in your camp that is close to that blurry line. Your own Arizonabear reminds us of that frequently, talking about people become more prejudiced of "stereotypically brown Mestizos".
The same applies to your side. Many believe that all whites are evil racists, especially those who are conservative right wingers who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty. Sounds like stereotyping to me.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
it wasn't called tea party then but it can be applied these events happened in the 60's and prior to the 60's all over the country. against the goverment, pro states rights

i believe they need to use another word they taking these way out of context.tea parties based on tea acts. has nothing to do with amnesty. get a new word!
So,the only person calling it a "Tea Party is You.....

The main comparison between the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's and todays Tea Party Movement is that they are comprised of people who see the direction that the government is heading is wrong and that they are speaking up because they disagree...

You may not like the name,or even agree with the reason for the movement(s), but they are perfectly legit....and the name "Tea Party" seems to be a good one as another Amnesty will increase the burden on the taxpayer...

What name would You suggest ?

Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
So,the only person calling it a "Tea Party is You.....

The main comparison between the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's and todays Tea Party Movement is that they are comprised of people who see the direction that the government is heading is wrong and that they are speaking up because they disagree...

You may not like the name,or even agree with the reason for the movement(s), but they are perfectly legit....and the name "Tea Party" seems to be a good one as another Amnesty will increase the burden on the taxpayer...

What name would You suggest ?
anything original...how many times are people gonna protest.its gonna do a little of nothing.

no politician wants to touch the issue..maybe we need a dictator for a couple of months to get deportees ready for moving

Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
anything original...how many times are people gonna protest.its gonna do a little of nothing.

no politician wants to touch the issue..maybe we need a dictator for a couple of months to get deportees ready for moving
I don't much care for the pro-illegals calling themselves "humanitarians" either while thumbing their noses at our immigration laws and their fellow law abiding Americans. It is phonier that a 3 dollar bill.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:

It would appear that they have a lot of company in the people who will not touch the issue as well. Thanks for Your words of encouragement but what the hell, I guess we can move on while You stand on the sidelines. BTW, we have had enough dictators already simply because people will not get involved. " Freedom is not a spectator sport"

Your white flag is in the mail....

Last edited by borderlord; 11-09-2009 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Add closing parens

Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
It would appear that they have a lot of company in the people who will not touch the issue as well. Thanks for Your words of encouragement but what the hell, I guess we can move on while You stand on the sidelines. BTW, we have had enough dictators already simply because people will not get involved. " Freedom is not a spectator sport"

Your white flag is in the mail....
Excellent post! I will never surrender my country to illegal invaders and those who aid and abet them either. Let the cowards sit on the sidelines if that is what they want to do.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excellent post! I will never surrender my country to illegal invaders and those who aid and abet them either. Let the cowards sit on the sidelines if that is what they want to do.

Thanks, Chicagonut,
It amazes me how many people profess to love the country,are aware of the problems associated with illegal aliens and still refuse to get involved. I know some have valid reasons and I understand.....it's just the other few million that bother me....

Good to be ridin' the river with the likes of You...

Old 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Chicagonut,
It amazes me how many people profess to love the country,are aware of the problems associated with illegal aliens and still refuse to get involved. I know some have valid reasons and I understand.....it's just the other few million that bother me....

Good to be ridin' the river with the likes of You...
Ditto! We need more Americans who aren't afraid to take an active role in protecting our country and standing up for the rule of law. Otherwise we will lose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration