Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 02:52 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times

Advertisements

Why should I feel pity for a man who crossed illegally into this country, worked illegally in this country and no doubt drives illegally in this country being tossed out once caught? Because he is seperated from his children? No, his wife and children could follow him back to his home country. Quite unlike the choices the spouse and children of citizen criminals have -- when their criminal father gets caught he is locked away in prison. They are left alone and potentially homeless with no option to follow their loved one. How are these scenarios different? Both men are criminals. Both men knowingly circumvented the laws for personal gain and/or benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Why should I feel pity for a man who crossed illegally into this country, worked illegally in this country and no doubt drives illegally in this country being tossed out once caught? Because he is seperated from his children? No, his wife and children could follow him back to his home country. Quite unlike the choices the spouse and children of citizen criminals have -- when their criminal father gets caught he is locked away in prison. They are left alone and potentially homeless with no option to follow their loved one. How are these scenarios different? Both men are criminals. Both men knowingly circumvented the laws for personal gain and/or benefit.
Very true.

I have no sympathy for a woman getting knocked up by a criminal when she knew up front about his 'legal' status.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 AM

341 posts, read 679,132 times
[quote]ArizonaBear
Quote:
They intuitively realize the amnesty option is over and mass deportations or at least internments are getting ready to occur.
I peruse this forum from time to time, but not much. Allow me to put my personal feelings about illegal immigration aside and ask you a question, ArizonaBear: Do you actually believe that the US government is on the verge of rounding up, detaining, and deporting illegal immigrants on a massive scale? I have not heard nary a mention in the media about any preparations or about the beginning of the massive inter-agency coordination efforts that would be necessary for such an undertaking. Thousands of illegal immigrants enter the court system every single day for various summonses and offenses, are charged, their fines are collected, and then they are sent on their merry way. Am I unaware of the massive preparations taking place, the courts that have to be set up to handle the influx of millions of potential deportees, the hiring of thousands of extra immigration officers needed to confront the millions of illegals? Am I not aware of the Congressional authorization necessary to seek out, question, detain, and deport over 20 million human beings? I have not heard any congressmen talking about it, nor anyone in the judicial branch, nor the executive branch either. Not a peep. Have they been successful in keeping the imminent oncoming swarm of ICE agents into our major cities on "The Down Low?"

While it is certainly your perrogative to chat, blog, or post about your feelings about illegal immigration, statements like your above one would prompt a newcomer to the Illegal Immigration forum like myself to not take you seriously. That is, unless you can provide proof that the government is preparing for these "mass deportations."

With that being said, if "mass deportations" really are imminent, could you explain to me why I have been reading statements like that for at least 16 years. What prompted me to reply to your prediction was an article I read in 1992 which guaranteed that 90% of the illegal immigrants would be forcibly removed by the federal government in 5 years. 1997 has come and gone. So could you tell me when these "mass deportations" are going to start, how long they are going to take, and a list of the myriad of federal and state agencies that are going to be involved, and where are the hundredrs of millions of dollars coming from that are going to finance these "mass deportations?" Also, could you provide a link to the source or sources where one could get information about this undertaking? Are they (federal government, I assume) accepting volunteers, because there is no way they could even attempt such an undertaking with current manpower. And, what if any preparations has the judicial branch of the federal government made to deal with the inevitable onslaught of lawsuits. I am sure with an undertaking so vast in scope that mistakes are going to be made, i.e.: false arrests, unlawful search and seizure, constitutional abuses, habeus corpus issues, etc.

So, since we are on the verge of witnessing a swarm of immigration officials descend upon our towns and cities to remove the plague of illegal immigrants, I am sure you will have no problem providing at least one link to back up your claim that "mass deportations" are imminent.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:51 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,725 times
El Daker : This is war...no ?
and look at all the time and space you took up with smoke sreening an issue.
Shame on El Daker for railroading
A) Its not illegal to be an immigrant without satisfying the laid out rules of immigration
if there are zero consequences by reason of reasonable expectations.
B) Refusing to organize a system of return either by bus , rail or flight is message and
position that the exsisting laws of immigration are not to be considered.
C) Any and all discourse failing to address the pointed and deliberate detail of
both A & B above is a smokescreen, a waste of time and most of all an insult to
hard working people and esp their ancestors who went to war worked like beggers and prayed like saints to try to create a workable reasonable life for future generations.
D) The oldtimers wouldn't of let this get so far....shame on us...BUS THEM OUT
E) Offer no mercey for those who hire and start this process without delay
F) And Finnally......If you think this is not ...WAR, THINK AGAIN and take a look at your history books . And what would you like to see the history books describe in the recoursive measures that were taken on this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration