Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Anybody can help answer that question? in honesty blacks are suffering the most because jobs that they used to do are now going to illegals. and why do people always say "blacks and hispanics as if they are one monolithic group? any blacks out there against it? not one black leadre addresses it as the cause of a lot unemployment among american blacks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 10:52 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,216 times
Supply and demand. Politicians, even black ones, know that by lumping them togther the nation not only has two cheap labor groups, but two cheap labor groups competing against each other.
We will see political figures for both groups finding ways to advance the lowering of the bar on wage earnings to unbelievable new lows. Of course, they'll claim it is 'stimulating' the econoomy.
Actually it will be stimulating Big Bank Accounts and Deep Political Pockets more than anything, but the uneducated minorities will be told this is all being done for their benefit.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Anybody can help answer that question? in honesty blacks are suffering the most because jobs that they used to do are now going to illegals. and why do people always say "blacks and hispanics as if they are one monolithic group? any blacks out there against it? not one black leadre addresses it as the cause of a lot unemployment among american blacks
Frankly; ever since President Obama won the election, it seems that even in the eyes of Al and Jesse-----------American Blacks are no longer a persecuted 'minority' hence the latter smearing up with (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens and throwing AA's under the bus.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Since when do blacks want illegals here? Blacks who needed the lower paying jobs are kept at low pay because the illegals will undercut them. Blacks cant stop it alone.We all need to stop it and fire any lawmaker who doesnt do like we tell him. Let the illegals stay but make them pay....Let them work for 20 years paying a fine for breaking our laws and this money can help the blacks and everyone else who have lost money because of these scabs.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:15 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I’m not sure what has given you the impression that blacks support illegal immigration or amnesty. Must we riot in the streets and burn buildings to make a point? Furthermore, there is no Black/Hispanic unity. That’s a myth propagated by illegal alien peddlers.

Yes, there are blacks who support illegal immigration; just as there are whites, and other races. The fact that the so-called black leaders have jumped on the Hispanic illegal alien bandwagon simply illustrates the lack of black leadership. They support if for the same reasons as others. . . . it’s profitable.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not sure what has given you the impression that blacks support illegal immigration or amnesty. Must we riot in the streets and burn buildings to make a point? Furthermore, there is no Black/Hispanic unity. That’s a myth propagated by illegal alien peddlers.

Yes, there are blacks who support illegal immigration; just as there are whites, and other races. The fact that the so-called black leaders have jumped on the Hispanic illegal alien bandwagon simply illustrates the lack of black leadership. They support if for the same reasons as others. . . . it’s profitable.
Frankly: the one thing IMHO that has 'prevented' American Blacks (or Whites) from rioting is the continuing extensions of unemployment benefits. If that were to go away: suffice to say; if I were an illegal alien----------I would be wise in slithering back to my home country.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: the one thing IMHO that has 'prevented' American Blacks (or Whites) from rioting is the continuing extensions of unemployment benefits. If that were to go away: suffice to say; if I were an illegal alien----------I would be wise in slithering back to my home country.
Very true. Believe me the americans who cant find work will be looking real hard at anyone who might be illegal and is working. Questions will be asked and answers will be givin....real answers....and the wrong ones mean someone is headed south..lol Its sorta like mice who are eating up the emergency food supply you got for your pet dog. How can the dog eat if hes on hard times and the mice have eatin up his food? think about it

Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I didn't see any blacks coming to the rescue when amnesty failed to move in the last congress.. Apparently amnesty lacks any real support except for La Raz and other groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration