Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the immigration deal?
I'm all for it, see explanation below 4 10.53%
I see problems down the road, see explanation below 3 7.89%
It's better than illegal status, see explanation below 2 5.26%
It sucks, see explanation below 29 76.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,855,190 times

Advertisements

Yup, I know what you mean, about the kid too.

I don't see a lot of grey, I guess, just kind of black and white. Wrong is wrong, no excuses. You do the crime, you do the time. I seem to be out of step with most of the world though, where there are so many shades of wrong, and where nobody is held accountable for their actions, as long as they have an excuse.

There is such a difference between immigrants and illegal aliens. Kind of the difference between a paying passenger, and a stowaway. They are both on the ship, but are they both entitled to be there? Will they each have the same experience? One will get what they paid for, one will get whatever they can steal.

For so long we have been the richest nation in the world but I question that we are even close any more. Yet, we keep spending as if we are. Just as the average American is sinking in credit card debt, our country is sinking in national deficit debt. Yet still, the spending goes on. Add to that the bleeding heart politically correct dribble, and it's almost a sin to NOT keep spending. I digress. What I mean is, since so many are under the illusion that this is a rich country, how can we coldly turn away the illegal aliens that are so desperate to escape the dire poverty in their own county? "They are so desperate they are wiling to break the law, just to come here." Well, that is the bleeding heart PC dribbler's take on the situation anyway.
There are some truly desperate poor people slipping into our country. I hazard to guess though that they are not the ones we are having a problem with. But the ones that brazenly thumb their nose up at our laws? I think they are here simply to take advantage of the dumb Americans willing to hand them free money and rights they are not entitled to. The problem is surely part governmental/law. But enforcement has to start at home too. Just this evening my hubby was telling me how his friend didn't mind the illegals renting from him. They had their money in hand and hunted him down to be sure to pay on time. Commendable yes, BUT, they are here illegally. He is condoning them being here illegally for personal gain, just as so many do. I think that is wrong, on so many levels. My response to hubby was "and that is why there are 12 million of them (illegal aliens) in this country!"
One of my favorite people is a guy named Val. We have known him for years. He used to work for a rancher in the area, but now he works for my BIL. He is here on a green card. He had to renew his card last week or so ago. He wore pressed jeans, pressed shirt, polished boots, and his dress hat. He was spiffed up to be sure. He was so upset when he got there and found people dressed like slobs, most did not speak any English, just blatant disrespect in general. So, if Val was disgusted and he isn't even a citizen, why shouldn't we be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 11:37 PM

233 posts, read 440,465 times
Unhappy If they thought

If our government really thought the average American was happy with this amnesty/citizenship stuff they are trying to run past us, they would have absolutely no problem with putting it to a legitimate vote by the American people, but they know in their hearts "we the people" who worked for and helped build this country would shoot it down in a heartbeat. Instead they play the old shell game........keep the opposition (American citizens) looking at the right hand (the fines they would supposedly level against the illegals) while the left hand sneaks their deal thru the back side. I tell you what, I sure wouldn't be teaching my children any of the moral lessons they had to learn as a youngster anymore, it sure hasn't paid off for them to have learned them at all, their future won't have the hope in it that my generation had...........why did hubby and I waste all those years teaching them right from wrong.........well, our grandchildren will be learning a very different lesson if this plan manages to go thru. HEY, HAS EVERYBODY HEARD??? AMERICA NOW HAS A NEW LAW>>>>>>>BREAK IT AND YOU GET THE BIG REWARDS............YOU HIT THE JACKPOT!!!

The shame of all this really is it is making us dislike any immigrants at this point in time.............it has definitely clouded my judgement of them, and after having had the pleasure of growing up in the melting pot I was always a staunch supporter of immigration. My judgement of them has been forever changed by all this, before I would have always stopped to lend a hand to anyone.............I only stop now if I don't detect an accent and I don't like feeling like this but thats what all this garbage has accomplished........they have managed to tar the good with the bad with the same brush but there will no longer be any way to tell the differences between them, a true shame for those who did comply with the laws to get here. I think I won't be the only one feeling this way either.I also think this issue has more impact on the average American than even the Iraq war at this moment in time, only because it is something happening here on our shores.............this is really such a horrible time in the history of what once was the greatest nation in the world.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Sounds like a plan here.........

Ijust went and read loads of sites that are listed in another thread here and came away from one of those sites with this info............sounds like a plan to me...................

Oppose any bill that gives amnesty to illegals, including the new "compromise" bill!

If this bill passes, this country commits suicide by choice, by stupidity, by apathy, by insanity. Decide to become empowered BECAUSE of this moment in history. In their time, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and James Madison pressed forward. Betsy Ross stitched and Susan B. Anthony wrote. Dr. Martin Luther King marched and spoke. If you love this country, the future and your children, this is your time to take action.

You may say to the senator’s aid on the phone, “Tell Senator (name) that I am against S.B.1348. No amnesty, no citizenship, no more anchor babies.

No more chain migration for any immigrants. I want a 10 year moratorium on all immigration and ‘attrition through enforcement’ of all illegal aliens by prosecuting employers. I demand H.R. 4437 to stop illegal alien migration. I want my senator to stand up for the U.S. Constitution and my rights as a citizen.” (add your own thoughts)

ACTION:

#1. Call your two Senators now toll free: 866-340-9281 or 800-828-0498 or 800-833-6354 - any time day/night/weekend
#2. FAX: a): NumbersUSA will fax - or you FREE -fast and free signup- b) If you have a fax machine, fax the Senate fax numbers below:

Key Senators to hammer:

Sen. Kyl (202) 224-4521
Sen. McCain (202) 224-2235
Majority Leader Harry Reid: 202-224-5556
Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: 202-224-3135
Sen. Arlen Specter: 202-224-4254
Sen. Mel Martinez: 202-224-3041
Sen. Lindsay Graham: 202-224-5972
Minority Whip Trent Lott: 202-224-2708

#3 -- Forward this message to your friends, grandmothers, grandfathers, neighbors and co-workers;

..........anyone else?

Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,855,190 times
I've been emailing and faxing regarding the illegal alien amnesty bill.

I don't mind immigrants at all. And really, I can understand why illegal aliens come here. Why not? The stupid Americans LET them.

Learn the language, obey the laws, pay taxes, contribute more to this great country than you take from it. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

Old 05-28-2007, 08:51 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I've been emailing and faxing regarding the illegal alien amnesty bill.

I don't mind immigrants at all. And really, I can understand why illegal aliens come here. Why not? The stupid Americans LET them.

Learn the language, obey the laws, pay taxes, contribute more to this great country than you take from it. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?
The stupid American government and greedy corporate giants, you mean.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Others too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The stupid American government and greedy corporate giants, you mean.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Yes, the government chose to look the other way for the many years it took this current crop of illegals to arrive here in the massive numbers they have.........all the while telling those of us that spotted the trend that it wasn't happening and the few that were slipping into the country were no where near the numbers we said there were...............however, would they actually be here if there was no employers who hired them in the first place ie, construction, restaurants, child care, landscapers,farms etc? I don't think our average big buisness was in on it all for the past few years (there are exceptions tho), again however they are now on the band wagon for this program to pass as it will allow them to hire that cheap labor legally for a much lower rate than they are currently paying the American worker, look how many of these companies moved a lot of there business to other countries already to take advantage of the lower labor costs, while still looking for their profits to come from us here in America................many thousands more jobs here in America will be given to those who will accept a lower wage and many more Americans will be out of a job at that point........hopefully if it does come to pass a lot of those that see themselves unemployed will be the liberals who pushed for this...........but somehow I doubt it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,726 times
Default !

immagration is wrong!I will do anything to send my papa back home!and all the other familys that were split apart!change the laws!fast!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,726 times
shut up we have to stop this!they have to comeback!they are spliting familys aprt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
Ijust went and read loads of sites that are listed in another thread here and came away from one of those sites with this info............sounds like a plan to me...................

Oppose any bill that gives amnesty to illegals, including the new "compromise" bill!

If this bill passes, this country commits suicide by choice, by stupidity, by apathy, by insanity. Decide to become empowered BECAUSE of this moment in history. In their time, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and James Madison pressed forward. Betsy Ross stitched and Susan B. Anthony wrote. Dr. Martin Luther King marched and spoke. If you love this country, the future and your children, this is your time to take action.

You may say to the senator’s aid on the phone, “Tell Senator (name) that I am against S.B.1348. No amnesty, no citizenship, no more anchor babies.

No more chain migration for any immigrants. I want a 10 year moratorium on all immigration and ‘attrition through enforcement’ of all illegal aliens by prosecuting employers. I demand H.R. 4437 to stop illegal alien migration. I want my senator to stand up for the U.S. Constitution and my rights as a citizen.” (add your own thoughts)

ACTION:

#1. Call your two Senators now toll free: 866-340-9281 or 800-828-0498 or 800-833-6354 - any time day/night/weekend
#2. FAX: a): [URL="http://www.numbersusa.com"]NumbersUSA[/URL] will fax - or you FREE -fast and free signup- b) If you have a fax machine, fax the Senate fax numbers below:

Key Senators to hammer:

Sen. Kyl (202) 224-4521
Sen. McCain (202) 224-2235
Majority Leader Harry Reid: 202-224-5556
Minority Leader Mitch McConnell: 202-224-3135
Sen. Arlen Specter: 202-224-4254
Sen. Mel Martinez: 202-224-3041
Sen. Lindsay Graham: 202-224-5972
Minority Whip Trent Lott: 202-224-2708

#3 -- Forward this message to your friends, grandmothers, grandfathers, neighbors and co-workers;

..........anyone else?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxocheerleader View Post
shut up we have to stop this!they have to comeback!they are spliting familys aprt!
If the families are so concerned about being 'split up'; maybe they need to leave with the deported ones

Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,771,000 times
I fear we are following (or leading the charge) Denmark's fate. Look at the radical extremists that they allowed to enter their country, but now refuse to assimilate. I will miss Denmark. I wonder if anyone will miss the USA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration