Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If/when California turns against its illegal aliens...........it will just be a matter of time before NY State, Wash St, etc. fall in line.
But wait.... The blue sanctuary states you just named are controlled by hispandering amnesty democrats. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Oklahoma is still doing it...................
Just a little side story from Oklahoma.
Wife is a school teacher. two weeks ago the school board sent goons out to provide diversity training to the teachers. After hours of course.
Well the teachers were told different ways they should try to reach out, to the parents of illegals. Try to make contact with them at an intellectual level as to their responsibility's towards their children,
Try to draw them out of the shadows of "fear" imposed by state laws. Become more inclusive and blah blah blah.
After it was all over Wife raises her hand and asks a simple question
"After we have identified the parents as illegals and where they live, do we turn the list over to ICE or to the Highway patrol?"

She got a letter of reprimand from the board.
She refused to sign it
They threatened to fire her.
She said simply, Wrongful termination as you are asking me to violate a federal and a state law...........They dropped the reprimand.
Oh, you owe your wife a dinner for this one! Smart Lady

Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
"an update from oklahoma "

oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 (had a few liberals in the mix), an amendment to place the ten commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in d.c., along with the aclu, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on christian values!....hb 1330

i love this........at the state capitol

guess what....oklahoma did it anyway.

oklahoma recently passed a law in the state to incarcerate all illegal immigrants, and ship them back to where they came from unless they want to get a green card and become an american citizen. They all scattered....hb 1804. (hope we didn't send any of them to your state. This was against the advice of the federal government, and the aclu, they said it would be a mistake.

california is shipping prisoners back to mexico......

recently we passed a law to include dna samples from any and all illegals to the oklahoma database, for criminal investigative purposes. Pelosi said it was unconstitutional. Sb 1102

you can close some criminal cases this way............

several weeks ago, we passed a law, declaring oklahoma as a sovereign state, not under the federal government directives. Joining texas, montana and utah as the only states to do so. More states are likely to follow: Louisiana, alabama, georgia, the carolina's, tennessee, kentucky, missouri, arkansas, west virginia, mississippi, and florida. Save your confederate money, it appears the south is about to rise up once again. Hjr 1003

the federal government has made bold steps to take away our guns. Oklahoma, a week ago, passed a law confirming people in this state have the right to bear arms and transport them in their vehicles. I'm sure that was a set back for the criminals (and obamaites). Liberals didn't like it -- but ...

this is just a PR move....take over the federal military bases oklahoma

just this month, my state has voted and passed a law that all driver's license exams will be printed in english, and only english, and no other language. We have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that all of our road signs are in english only. If you want to drive in oklahoma, you must read and write english. Really simple.

common sense measure................

by the way, obama does not like any of this.

Guess what....who cares....

certainly not him he has his hands full with the economy & health bill.....

oklahoma is doing it anyway!!
just do it...............

Old 03-12-2010, 02:45 PM

43 posts, read 128,578 times
I have lived in Oklahoma for most of my life (i'm a college student at OU in Norman). And I have met a lot of good people in this state! I think that most people here have the idea that they need to be hard-lined conservatives because it makes them more American.

Well let me tell you, it doesn't. The more I learn about the world the more I learn that the idea of a pursuit of happiness does not have to include extreme capitalism and exclusiveness!

Do you all know that we live in a nation that has it's markets and it's hands of imperialism all over the world? Do you know that 75 percent of the worlds largest economies are located in the United states and that, even in a recession we are still far and above the wealthiest nation in the world? Why do we all feel so entitled to this wealth? Because we were born here? Have we forgotten how short of a time our families and ancestors have been here? Are you telling me that if you lived in a third world country you would not travel to a wealthier nation to help support your family?

I'm not advocating for illegal immigrants to all live here freely and not pay taxes, because that also isn't correct, but to separate families and deport people without a fair chance to become citizens? I'm just asking Oklahoman's to think sometimes and not feel some make-believe alliance with unrestricted capitalism and dangerous nationalism.

What's all this talk about the South rising again anyway? Have we forgotten about why the civil war happened? I don't think Oklahomans have anything in common with the Confederate states of the past. We don't support slavery or lack of religious freedoms or a completely patriarchal society where women have basically no rights (like the old south of the confederate war)

So I feel as though some super conservatives are arguing for this kind of scenario:

a state where there are no restrictions on weaponry (any joe could have a gun with them) minorities (black people and anyone else not "white") are treated without equal treatment. Prayer is allowed in schools (so if you teacher is buddhist, they will lead students in buddhist prayer i guess). etc.

hmmmmmmm. do you really want this? I don't think so...

Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM

264 posts, read 457,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
But wait.... The blue sanctuary states you just named are controlled by hispandering amnesty democrats. Go figure.
True, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can still consider illegal immigration a partisan issue.

Democrats and Republican lawmakers are equally guilty in selling the American people down the drain.

We need to hold our elected representatives accountable and start voting these people out! There's no excuse for aiding and abetting an established criminal activity.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHale View Post
I have lived in Oklahoma for most of my life (i'm a college student at OU in Norman). And I have met a lot of good people in this state! I think that most people here have the idea that they need to be hard-lined conservatives because it makes them more American.

Well let me tell you, it doesn't. The more I learn about the world the more I learn that the idea of a pursuit of happiness does not have to include extreme capitalism and exclusiveness!

Do you all know that we live in a nation that has it's markets and it's hands of imperialism all over the world? Do you know that 75 percent of the worlds largest economies are located in the United states and that, even in a recession we are still far and above the wealthiest nation in the world? Why do we all feel so entitled to this wealth? Because we were born here? Have we forgotten how short of a time our families and ancestors have been here? Are you telling me that if you lived in a third world country you would not travel to a wealthier nation to help support your family?

I'm not advocating for illegal immigrants to all live here freely and not pay taxes, because that also isn't correct, but to separate families and deport people without a fair chance to become citizens? I'm just asking Oklahoman's to think sometimes and not feel some make-believe alliance with unrestricted capitalism and dangerous nationalism.

What's all this talk about the South rising again anyway? Have we forgotten about why the civil war happened? I don't think Oklahomans have anything in common with the Confederate states of the past. We don't support slavery or lack of religious freedoms or a completely patriarchal society where women have basically no rights (like the old south of the confederate war)

So I feel as though some super conservatives are arguing for this kind of scenario:

a state where there are no restrictions on weaponry (any joe could have a gun with them) minorities (black people and anyone else not "white") are treated without equal treatment. Prayer is allowed in schools (so if you teacher is buddhist, they will lead students in buddhist prayer i guess). etc.

hmmmmmmm. do you really want this? I don't think so...
And what does your post have to do with criminals AKA illegal aliens? We are a sovereign nation and have the right to control our borders. If Mexico, etc. are upset with us making a stand against illgeals is in deportations, etc.--------tough!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 PM

332 posts, read 644,473 times
Quote:
True, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can still consider illegal immigration a partisan issue
It is most definitely is an ideological issue. Do you think liberals like Chris Matthews, Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, etc would be out protesting on the streets if the U.S government granted U.S citizenship to the more than 13 million illegal immigrants in this country, I do not think so. If they did hit the streets, it would not be to protest but to CELEBRATE.

Liberal groups like the National Council Of L Raza and the ACLU are the reason why illegal immigrants have so many powerful political allies. We would not be in this mess if it wasn't for powerful liberals in Washington who sympathize with the "plight" of illegal immigrants. Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, etc none of them sympathize with U.S citizens who are against illegal imigration.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:08 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:

It's legal to carry a firearm here.

So, the Red Necks in OK aren't as absent minded as some people assume they are.
Yerp we do like to cling to our guns down here, and our religion,
and our act seems to keep a lot of liberal and progressive minded people away.......

Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Oh, you owe your wife a dinner for this one! Smart Lady
Yerp, actually she has gotten numerous lunch and dinner invitations over that one.......

Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
"An update from Oklahoma "

Oklahoma law passed, 37 to 9 (had a few liberals in the mix), an amendment to place the Ten Commandments on the front entrance to the state capitol. The feds in D.C., along with the ACLU, said it would be a mistake. Hey this is a conservative state, based on Christian values!....HB 1330

Guess what....Oklahoma did it anyway.
[....]
Oklahoma is doing it anyway!!
Just a tip, you need to cite your sources when you post something, even if it's a viral email. It's in the Terms of Service agreement.

Meanwhile, looks like your source saw the facts and could have chosen not to fudge or outright lie.... but did it anyway!

snopes.com: Update from Oklahoma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration