Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times

Advertisements

Hell must be freezing over, because I actually agree with Ruben Navarrette. And, he even called them "illegals."

Quote:
Several readers have asked what I think of a new cell phone dubbed by its inventor as a "trans-border immigrant tool."

I have mixed feelings. I would generally approve of instruments that help people survive dangerous situations. But when those people are illegal immigrants who brought their plight upon themselves by opting to enter the United States through a back door, I become less sympathetic. In fact, I become suspicious and I begin to question whether the makers of the gadget retrofitted with GPS technology are encouraging unlawful activity.

First, if individuals do have such a right, then why does it supersede the right of sovereign nations to control their borders? On its southern border, Mexico asserts its right to keep out Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Hondurans and anyone else from throughout Latin America. Wouldn't people in Central and South America have the same "trans-global right" to cross into Mexico that Mexicans assert with regard to the United States? If Dominguez really believes in a right to cross borders, maybe he should ship some of his GPS devices all the way to Guatemala so people there can use them to sneak into Mexico?

Latinos in the United States have it tough enough already. People are always assuming that when it comes to the immigration issue, our loyalties lie on the other side of the border. I usually dismiss those fears as flashes of paranoia. But this gadget says that, at least in some cases, those concerns aren't totally unfounded.
Ruben Navarrette: Dialing up disobedience: enabling illegals to break the law - Press-Telegram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,005 times
I have to agree with Navarrete. Those tools should be banned and outlawed.

I'm suprised no one has commented on this thread.

Thanks OP.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
"Latinos in the United States have it tough enough already. People are always assuming that when it comes to the immigration issue, our loyalties lie on the other side of the border. I usually dismiss those fears as flashes of paranoia. But this gadget says that, at least in some cases, those concerns aren't totally unfounded."

I agree with Navarette on most of what he said accept for this last paragraph. There are far too many Latinos both citizen and non-citizen who still consider themselves Mexicans in every way no matter how long they have lived here. There is a reconquista movement by the Chicanos and the illegals are their little foot soldiers. Not saying that this agenda exists on a large scale but it is there and must be squashed. There is no paranoia but facts.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:28 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,752,210 times
Wow! Hell has indeed frozen over. Navarette rarely ever takes any view that is not sympathetic to illegal aliens....wait a minute....is he planning on running for office or something?

Great find, Benicar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration