Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 06:32 PM

297 posts, read 520,193 times

Advertisements

i think some people are pro illegal because of the whole "tolerance" ideology

Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,740,504 times
Because they want people to put up drywall, mow their lawns, clean their houses. etc. for $10/hour or less with no benefits.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM

73 posts, read 85,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
Because they want people to put up drywall, mow their lawns, clean their houses. etc. for $10/hour or less with no benefits.
You bet. Why should anyone at that skill level demand more? Have you heard of the minimum wage, comrade?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
i think some people are pro illegal because of the whole "tolerance" ideology
Yes, of course far too many Americans have been indoctrinated into the PC world but I think there are even more who are pro-illegal because of ethnocentricism on their part.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Seen unemployment ratings lately? Seen how much we are in debt? Seen how ****ed up our country is getting?

They can wait legally like every other country. They got families to feed? So do people in the US, Mexico, France, India, China, etc etc. Should we let them all in while we pay for it? How much taxation will you be able to take until you shout "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"
Yes and I have seen this:
Quote:
This analysis tests the often-made argument that immigrants only do jobs Americans don’t want. If the argument is correct, there should be occupations comprised entirely or almost entirely of immigrants. But Census Bureau data collected from 2005 to 2007, which allow for very detailed analysis, show that even before the recession there were only a tiny number of majority-immigrant occupations. Jobs Americans Won’t Do? A Detailed Look at Immigrant Employment by Occupation | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 01-19-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They are illegal. They broke the law. It is no different than someone breaking into a store and stealing the food. You get caught, you go to jail.

If you feel that sorry for them, donate as much as you can afford to help the countries they come from. Make it better to stay there.

Remember those that first came here and saw the Statue of liberty, came here legally.

As the saying goes, "you can't reason, with an unreasonable person".
Well that's a good idea. Why not you try that. Or is that an unreasonable thing to ask of you?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
LOL! Your "reason" for the existence of international borders is so superficially simplistic that it's funny.

This will never, never, never happen. Please get out a copy of the U.S. Constitution and read it. You'll learn some things that will really surprise you!
The constitution is being amended upon each and every decade; there are changes that are made.

Just for the funny of it, try being a foreigner and go through INS seeking legal authorization to come into this country. See how far you can get going through the proper channels?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
The constitution is being amended upon each and every decade; there are changes that are made.

Just for the funny of it, try being a foreigner and go through INS seeking legal authorization to come into this country. See how far you can get going through the proper channels?
Ok, then that is what CIR should be about. It should be about improving and expediating the legal process. It shouldn't be about giving amnesty to the millions already here.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:28 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,869,230 times
How can anyone be pro illegal?

It's easy actually, I've spent a good deal of time in C and S America and loved it, really like the people, I speak the language and enjoy the culture. They are, for the most part, good, hard working human beings who do not expect handouts. They are flocking to this country for the exact same reasons my family did back in the 1680's. How can I reasonably fault them for acting just as my family did, just with better manners. I mean, they are not just taking over land, assuming it is theirs and pushing the locals off, or killing them like our forefathers did.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Yes and I have seen this:
You had better go back and read the stats again. They are supporting our side of the argument, not the pro-illegal side. CIS is an anti-illegal immigration site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration