Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,600,749 times

Advertisements

In my honest opinion, whatever "victimization" the ILLEGAL Mexican "Newcommers" get is what they deserve.

I feel no sympathy. They certainly do not respect this country to follow its rules about applying to come here LEGALLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,497,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
ILLEGAL immigrants were never welcomed here and it will remain that way

Get the **** out of my country. Simple as that.

Signed-
A female minority.

I'm with you on this one liberalvoice, and i agree, if they are here illegally, go back home, your not welcome.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotBlackChick View Post
But if you lived in a abysmal, corrupt, wasteland wouldn't you want to come here to give your kids a better chance?
So your point is???

Are you saying that every last person living in a country that doesn't have our standard of living must be brought here? That means most people in Asia, Africa, Latin America, Mexico and some countries in Europe must all be brought to the USA and given a nice comfortable life here?

Wouldn't it be better if people stayed home and worked to improve their countries, make things better for their fellow citizens? When some pack up and head to the USA for the big money, it doesn't help their people at all. In fact things often get much worse.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
First off. Thank you for reading my post and for taking the time out to write an intelligent, reasonable response

Secondly yes, You do make some valid points in your post. It is true that other countries have
"who's in and who's out" rules also.
However with that being said I merely wanted to understand why people cant put themselves in the shoes of others.
I will ask you the same question as I asked the others. If you where living in the poorest of condition's with no opportunity and you where willing to WORK. What's wrong with coming to America. I agree, you would be coming here with permission but aren't somethings just worth taking a risk for? Especially if you had small children? What would YOU do personally. Also I am NOT Anti American, I am Anti Corrupt Government.
If you are anti-corrupt government and believe the USA has a very corrupt government, then why would so many people be trying to come here?

The problem is, massive emigration from countries doesn't fix the problems of those countries. Cuba for example - many people want out of there but when they leave, who works for reform? Massive unlimited immigration makes the chances of reform and change much lessened. Those who could build and infrastructure find it much easier to pack up and head on out. Things worsen for those who cannot.

Are things better in the towns where half the people left? No. Many women and children and elderly are now on their own. No one stayed to create jobs, often the children are left with elderly relatives to raise them and children never see their parents. That's not good.

In that way immigration is often very self centered. It's every man or woman for themselves and to hell with those who couldn't make it out.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Just so you know, I am not a Mexican American I am black (Hence the name HotBlackChick)
Immigration laws are about protecting citizens' jobs and if you did some research, you'd know that Cesar Chavez and the UFW fought against illegal immigration because they understood it was about lowering wages and benefits and keeping them low.

Martin Luther King and the Black Civil Rights movement didn't insist their people had some right to break immigration laws of other countries and their solutions for problems weren't for everyone to pack up and get illegally into another country. No, there were problems and they worked to change the problems -- in their own country.

A country like Mexico is not even in dire straits. Mexico is not a poor country, but there are poor people there and there is some injustice but leaving doesn't change that at all.

Also you have to realize that a country like Mexico has schools, it offers free public education, it even has free and good universities. It has a national health care system. In Mexico if people finish their educations, obtain job skills, delay the start of a family until they can afford children and limit family size to what they can afford, they will almost surely be middle class.

The problem for us is, if they don't feel like staying in school, having job skills, or want to be given food stamps, free housing and much more they can come here instead of making any effort to make a better life for themselves back home. Keep in mind that Mexico is among the 12 wealthiest nations and is filled with many natural resources.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,636,312 times
Quote:
But if you lived in a abysmal, corrupt, wasteland wouldn't you want to come here to give your kids a better chance?
Good point. There are billions of people out there that fit that discription. The problem is that most of the illegal alien seats available have been taken by unwanted Latino, mostly Mexican, squatters. In all fairness we should kicked about 10 million unwanted illegal Mexican squatters the hell out to make room for people from the rest of the world that just want to give their kids a better chance? Is that what you're trying to say?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,223,265 times
Mexico needs to have a major uprising then maybe their corrupt government will get the message.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,239,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Mexico needs to have a major uprising then maybe their corrupt government will get the message.
Actually; the odds are higher that Mexico will splinter with the USA picking up Nuevo Leon, etc.---------at their residents' request.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:42 PM

68 posts, read 92,730 times
The only racism I see is against the white man. White men have had the lowest income gains in the last 30 years and that is not enough for us to be all equal, it is clear some people are not happy with a rising tide to lift all boats, they want the rising tide to lift ethnic and minorities like "women" to be lifted faster and higher than the white man boat

Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,613,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmess View Post
The only racism I see is against the white man. White men have had the lowest income gains in the last 30 years and that is not enough for us to be all equal, it is clear some people are not happy with a rising tide to lift all boats, they want the rising tide to lift ethnic and minorities like "women" to be lifted faster and higher than the white man boat
Surely you jest. Can I assume you are a white male?

By the way, illegal immigration is not a racial issue, and most opponents of illegal immigration are not racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration