Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Starting invoicing and charging the Mexican Government every month for the illegals here?
yes 24 77.42%
no 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:29 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,049,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexico should pay for the health care costs and food stamps of it's citizens living here. It's hard to see how anyone could argue that.
Mexico would argue (and I would agree with them) that we should stop free food stamps and healthcare, aside from ER. Mexico does provide ER services to foreigners. It would be hard to argue with Mexico on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
How can you bill an illegal immigrant a different fee than one who is legal? If we begin this type of practice, illegal immigrants can ask a legal one to send the money for them. If we increase the fee for both legal and illegal, why should legal immigrants have to pay for illegal immigration?

Even Obama agrees that the best way to help other countries is by allowing immigrants to send money to their families. That is the reason he allowed Haitian illegal immigrants to become temporarily legal.
Haiti's case is there is no functioning country to deport illegals from there back home.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Haiti's case is there is no functioning country to deport illegals from there back home.
You're right so why is the case being made in here that Obama doesn't object to illegal aliens staying and sending money back home when Mexicans and other illegals do not have a disaster going on in their country. Lame to say the least. Haitians are only being allowed to stay temporarily to work and send money back home because of that disaster in their country.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
As a conservative I can tell you that it makes no difference what Bush did. I guess you didn't get the memo that said that the demographic of illegal, poorly educated, can't speak English, and wanting to go onto the government's teat is that of a democrat. That's why the hispandering amnesty democratic politicians are kissing latino azz. So currently the republicans are fighting illegal immigration and currently the amnesty democratic politicians are fighting the republicans fighting amnesty.
McCain and Bush were just as open-borders as Ted Kennedy. Lindsay Graham is as eager to jump on this amnesty bandwagon as is Pelosi.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
McCain and Bush were just as open-borders as Ted Kennedy. Lindsay Graham is as eager to jump on this amnesty bandwagon as is Pelosi.
Other than McCain and Graham can you name many other Republican politicians who are for amnesty? On the other hand, other the than blue dog democrats, it would be a lot shorter list to name those left wing democratic politicians who aren't for amnesty than those that are. So I guess I'd better start saying that, currently, the majority of Republican politicians are fighting amnesty while, currently, the majority of democratic politicians are fighting Republicans fighting amnesty.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times
Quote:
As a conservative I can tell you that it makes no difference what Bush did. I guess you didn't get the memo that said that the demographic of illegal, poorly educated, can't speak English, and wanting to go onto the government's teat is that of a democrat. That's why the hispandering amnesty democratic politicians are kissing latino azz. So currently the republicans are fighting illegal immigration and currently the amnesty democratic politicians are fighting the republicans fighting amnesty.
Republicans fight amnesty? So Ronald Reagan, patron saint of the Republicans, was fighting amnesty when he signed the 1986 amnesty into law? Talk about burning the village to save it.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times
Quote:
Other than McCain and Graham can you name many other Republican politicians who are for amnesty? On the other hand, other the than blue dog democrats, it would be a lot shorter list to name those left wing democratic politicians who aren't for amnesty than those that are. So I guess I'd better start saying that, currently, the majority of Republican politicians are fighting amnesty while, currently, the majority of democratic politicians are fighting Republicans fighting amnesty.
Here is a list of some Republican DREAMies if you want more.

Bennett (R-Utah)
Hatch (R-Utah)
McCain (R-AZ did not vote)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Brownback (R-KS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Snowe (R-ME)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)

Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,584,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Republicans fight amnesty? So Ronald Reagan, patron saint of the Republicans, was fighting amnesty when he signed the 1986 amnesty into law? Talk about burning the village to save it.
WOW! a hole lot of talking and no action ! Why Do any billing ? If they are not here legally how much would the bus ride back to the border cost. See it really is that easy. And I know for a fact that San Bernardino county Ca. has received through drug actions 4 nice tour buses that could used for that purpose. So now the question should be when will they start. You know like " ILLEGALLY HERE TODAY*** LEGALLY IN MEXICO IN TWO HOURS" End of story.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
How can you bill an illegal immigrant a different fee than one who is legal? If we begin this type of practice, illegal immigrants can ask a legal one to send the money for them. If we increase the fee for both legal and illegal, why should legal immigrants have to pay for illegal immigration?

Even Obama agrees that the best way to help other countries is by allowing immigrants to send money to their families. That is the reason he allowed Haitian illegal immigrants to become temporarily legal.
Its done already.
Non-insured pay a different rate than insured, insured pay a different rate than those on gov medicare/medicaid. Even obama agrees? What about what is best for this country?
At present about 53% of the nation disagrees with Obama in general and about 67% disagrees with him on amnesty.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Here is a list of some Republican DREAMies if you want more.

Bennett (R-Utah)
Hatch (R-Utah)
McCain (R-AZ did not vote)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Brownback (R-KS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Snowe (R-ME)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)
yes, they need to go. the democrat list is a lot longer, and they need to go.

all of those who support illegal immigration should be ousted in the next election cycle.

americans are truly FED UP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration