Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:18 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,684,019 times

Advertisements

Not all day laborers are Mexican immigrants. The ones I worked with were white.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Regardless of their ethnicity or race, day laborers standing out in front of Home Depot soliciting for work are not in complaince with our laws.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM

706 posts, read 940,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't think the issue here is Mexican immigrants. If they were illegal,then throw them out....
If the "whites" You encountered were illegal, then throw them out as well....However, if they were all here legally,then it would seem to me that You just disproved the theory that illegals are only here to do the work that legal immigrants and Americans won't do...

Thanks.......

Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Good for them! I have hired day laborers to move my mom twice. They worked hard and all day long.
I wonder how it would be if they were not here to pick the fruit, make the hotel beds and cater to the rich and famous?
They do an honest day's work, not relying on sympathy, welfare or handouts.
Pity I can't say the same when I enter Target or K Mart.. the people begging there are not Hispanic... are probably on Welfare and are begging for sympathy.
Your part of the problem.. You justify your actions by demeaning legal citizens. Hopefully one day you will get caught using illegal labor and be nailed with a nice fine. Token of society's appreciation. Hopefully you will not fall prey to the many illegals who are less than honest, and have little interest in a hard days work. But if you do you earned the consequences of your actions by dealing with criminals.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:10 PM

313 posts, read 344,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have to laugh each time someone mentions our fruit being picked, our hotel beds being made, etc. How on earth do you think they were done prior to the illegal alien invasion?

Furthermore, ALL day laborers are not “hardworking” paragons of virtue. Some are in fact violent criminals. I would rather pay more for a reputable legal contractor, than to hire illegals who do shoddy work, and disappear with the money. Not to mention, illegal day laborers who steal from homeowners, or physically harm or kill those stupid enough to hire them.
How long do you think the "invasion" has been going on?

Also, lots of legal workers are violent criminals too. Try to make logical points instead of the "they are illegal, thus violent criminals" bs.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post

Also, lots of legal workers are violent criminals too. Try to make logical points instead of the "they are illegal, thus violent criminals" bs.
Too long and it is time to boot the illegals out of the USA upon pain of severe punishment.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:

Yes, some legal workers are criminals also. What is your point? At least you can trace them through their company if they commit any crimes against you, not so with illegal aliens. Benicar did not say nor imply that ALL illegal aliens are violent criminals. Don't interject things into other's posts that were not stated.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:

Try to make logical points instead of the "they are illegal, thus violent criminals" bs.
OK, here's a logical point: "they are illegal, which means they have no legal right to be here....and a certain percentage of them are violent criminals, as well....which means that THOSE people are not only here illegally, they're also adding to the burden on our criminal justice system...a cost we wouldn't have to bear, if they weren't here".

ALL of them are illegal...SOME of them are also violent. The violent ones wouldn't be a problem, if they hadn't come here illegally. Sounds pretty logical, wouldn't you agree?..

Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I don't think the issue here is Mexican immigrants. If they were illegal,then throw them out....
If the "whites" You encountered were illegal, then throw them out as well....However, if they were all here legally,then it would seem to me that You just disproved the theory that illegals are only here to do the work that legal immigrants and Americans won't do...

Thanks.......

Let me rephrase it. There were no Hispanics at the day labor place I worked at. I was already working there part time when the hurricanes hit my area--and when that happened, the place I worked at closed down, so I went more on a full time basis there for a while -- while I tried to find another job I could take. Luckily for me, Home Depot was hiring, and I got a job there. Been there ever since 2004.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Regardless of their ethnicity or race, day laborers standing out in front of Home Depot soliciting for work are not in complaince with our laws.
I don't know what kind of operations you have there, but there are places that specifically hire out day laborers here--they get paid something like $12 to $16 an hour for us, and we get about half of that, before taxes. Labor Ready, Men at Work, Labor Plus...couple of different places. We go to their office and hope to be hired out--that's how it works here. Not standing out in front of Home Depot. Of course, if you drive your own car, you're more likely to be picked to go out, because they ordinarily don't provide the transportation to and from the job.

Mainly construction clean up jobs. More rarely, we work with movers, or for store resets. (CVS pharmacy and Office Depot come to mind as jobs I went on for them). One particular job I remember was tearing out everything in a place that USED to be a restaurant, pretty much destroyed by the hurricane that came through our area. They even had us taking out studs that used to be part of a wall, breaking them out with sledgehammers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration