Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:46 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,989 times

Advertisements

SAN BERNARDINO - More than two dozen laborers on Friday launched a volunteer campaign to give back to the community by cleaning up the city.

Besides making the city beautiful, the workers wanted to answer critics who complain about their presence. "They think that because we are day laborers we are the dirtiest people," said Rosalino Calderon, a 30-year-old illegal immigrant from Guerrero, Mexico. "That is not the case. We are on the streets to work to feed our families."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...nclick_check=1

Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 AM

258 posts, read 448,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
SAN BERNARDINO - More than two dozen laborers on Friday launched a volunteer campaign to give back to the community by cleaning up the city.

Besides making the city beautiful, the workers wanted to answer critics who complain about their presence. "They think that because we are day laborers we are the dirtiest people," said Rosalino Calderon, a 30-year-old illegal immigrant from Guerrero, Mexico. "That is not the case. We are on the streets to work to feed our families."

Day laborers pick up trash to send message - ContraCostaTimes.com

Good for them! I have hired day laborers to move my mom twice. They worked hard and all day long.
I wonder how it would be if they were not here to pick the fruit, make the hotel beds and cater to the rich and famous?
They do an honest day's work, not relying on sympathy, welfare or handouts.
Pity I can't say the same when I enter Target or K Mart.. the people begging there are not Hispanic... are probably on Welfare and are begging for sympathy.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Good for them! I have hired day laborers to move my mom twice. They worked hard and all day long.
I wonder how it would be if they were not here to pick the fruit, make the hotel beds and cater to the rich and famous?
Pity I can't say the same when I enter Target or K Mart.. the people begging there are not Hispanic... are probably on Welfare and are begging for sympathy.
We would be better off not having a bunch of losers here illegally taking care of the above people at cut rate prices.

To the above greedy 'Americans': pay up for American/green card help.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:52 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Too bad they didn't have the same mind set when sneaking across the desert and mts. The trails are nothing more than rows of trash thanks to the illegal horde.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post

http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...nclick_check=1
Our main objection to them is that they are here illegally. They have no right to come here and feed their families without the papers to do so.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
How the hell do you think that our fruit got picked and hotel beds got made before the illegals arrived. Hint....legal immigrants and American citizens. Most Americans do an honest days work and aren't on welfare so what is your point?

Are you an American citizen? Well, then you are comitting a crime by aiding and abetting them by hiring them to work for you.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
The leader of a local group opposed to illegal immigration said he was not impressed by the cleanup.

"It's a political propaganda ploy that they're pulling to try to better their position for amnesty," said Raymond Herrera, founder and president of We The People California's Crusader, a Claremont-based anti-illegal immigration group. "My opinion is they should do this cleanup and volunteer service in Mexico to better their communities and society in Mexico."
I agree with Raymond Herrera. It doesn't impress me either. When I lived in SanBernardino they were on that corner in front of Home Depot (next to Stater Bro's) every day. I've taken pic's of them there. They usually chase down cars and harrass drivers and Home Depot was Boycotted. Most people I know stopped going there because of the harrassment.
If they're going to clean the city, there's more than just a mile and a half. This is just an act to impress Obama,and then Joe Baca and Josie Gonsalez who are just 2 pro-illegals of San Berdo.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-01-2010 at 11:26 AM..

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
I have to laugh each time someone mentions our fruit being picked, our hotel beds being made, etc. How on earth do you think they were done prior to the illegal alien invasion?

Furthermore, ALL day laborers are not “hardworking” paragons of virtue. Some are in fact violent criminals. I would rather pay more for a reputable legal contractor, than to hire illegals who do shoddy work, and disappear with the money. Not to mention, illegal day laborers who steal from homeowners, or physically harm or kill those stupid enough to hire them.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:16 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,428,262 times
Instead of putting these illegal immigrants in the papers, news reporters should be reporting them to ICE. I don't care if they work hard, they are still here illegally. I am so sick of hearing about how they supposedly do the work no one else wants to do. What a load of horse ****. There were TONS of legal doing that work prior to the flood of illegal immigration came and if the illegals left there were be a ton more legal citizen willing to take that work again and the employers would have to pay decent wages instead of being slave drivers paying out cheap wages while breaking the law

Old 02-01-2010, 04:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Quote:
Well, let me begin by saying that I hope your mom WANTED to move....or did these illegals just walk into her home and 'move her'? If it was with her consent, then I guess that's not quite as bad.

I agree with the rest of your post, though..LONG LIVE the ILLEGALS !!....and may they always be here...picking our fruit, making our beds, and moving our Moms! May the day never come when they ever receive amnesty, and instantly turn from 'hardworking illegals' into the assorted ruffians, crackheads, and losers that you see hanging around Target or K Mart....illegals as illegals are just fine; (SOMEBODY needs to move our Moms, after all..and WE don't want the job)...but turning them into legal Americans? That would be a DISASTER. Who would move our Moms then? Who would walk our dogs? Who would roof our houses?

Thanks for your heartfelt pitch in favor of the illegals....long may they remain illegal; let's not spoil a 'good thing' with amnesty...right?..

Got to go now, and round up a few guys....my trash cans are ALMOST full, my lawn needs watering, and my garage is a mess. If I can't locate any illegals, I'm thinking of maybe 'indentured servants'...they're pretty hard-working too, I hear....and they don't complain like an American often will.

Cheers....

Last edited by macmeal; 02-01-2010 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration