Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:50 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The illegal somehow found his way here, the illegal can find his way out of here. How a criminal is supposed to survive is of little consequence to me. That is the road they made the choice to travel.
I have no problem paying to get them to the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Said illegal alien needs to stay incarcerated and put to work on a chain gang.
but thats not whats happening...Arrested and charged illegal aliens are being freed on probation. to go back and live in the community.

what you want, chain gangs and forced work, is not whats happening.

why is it so hard to deal with the facts.

Because it doesn't adhere to the Anti-illegal immigrant movement's dogma of "all persons aidding and abettng" Illegal aliens should be locked up as well?.

Its your Government saying to all in the Anti-illegal immigrant movement that your idea is not valid. In the real world we deal with thing differently.

this is not an action or suggestion from some pro-illegal group, or some pro-illegal sympithizers, or aplogists, or traitors...the Ones making these rules, is your Government.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
but thats not whats happening...Arrested and charged illegal aliens are being freed on probation. to go back and live in the community.

what you want, chain gangs and forced work, is not whats happening.

why is it so hard to deal with the facts.

Because it doesn't adhere to the Anti-illegal immigrant movement's dogma of "all persons aidding and abettng" Illegal aliens should be locked up as well?.

Its your Government saying to all in the Anti-illegal immigrant movement that your idea is not valid. In the real world we deal with thing differently.

this is not an action or suggestion from some pro-illegal group, or some pro-illegal sympithizers, or aplogists, or traitors...the Ones making these rules, is your Government.
My government? Isn't it your government also? All those illegals picked up in the raids were not released back into the population. Why are the pro-illegals complaining about the condition of the detention centers then if they are all being let go instead? They are considered to be flight risks and that is why they are being incarcerated.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
My government? Isn't it your government also? All those illegals picked up in the raids were not released back into the population. Why are the pro-illegals complaining about the condition of the detention centers then if they are all being let go instead? They are considered to be flight risks and that is why they are being incarcerated.
What detenton ceter are you talking about. This happen in Cedar Rapids.
Which Pro-illegals were complaning about the detention centers?

For all I know the LE in Cedar Rapids doesnt have "detention centers".
Maybe its more cost effectve to ROR. That way the county doesnt have to foot the bill for housing and feeding detainees.

Here is an undisputable fact...detainees are being Relesed on the own recognizance back out to the community.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have no problem paying to get them to the border.
It would certainly be a lot cheaper to help them get back across the border than the costs they are incurring on the taxpayer as it stands today. Deflated wages, subsidized housing, welfare, healthcare, schooling, etc...

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
It would certainly be a lot cheaper to help them get back across the border than the costs they are incurring on the taxpayer as it stands today. Deflated wages, subsidized housing, welfare, healthcare, schooling, etc...
The detainees have to testify in a jury trial in the future...

here options
1. stay in jail and cost taxpayers money for detention

2 ROR until trial, then deport.

3 deport and through out subsequent cases against others.

Cedar Rapids chose 2.

the anti crowd has ben saying that anyone and everyone helping ilegals should be arrested for "aidding and abetting", so if Cedar Rapids is ROR back out into the community, who is going to house, feed, help illegals till they go back to trial to testify? are not those people adding and abetting the illegal?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
What detenton ceter are you talking about. This happen in Cedar Rapids.
Which Pro-illegals were complaning about the detention centers?

For all I know the LE in Cedar Rapids doesnt have "detention centers".
Maybe its more cost effectve to ROR. That way the county doesnt have to foot the bill for housing and feeding detainees.

Here is an undisputable fact...detainees are being Relesed on the own recognizance back out to the community.
Hutto was one detention center that the pro-illegals complained about. They complain about any illegals being detained. Unless you don't read the news and live in a cave you would know that. What about those under Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction and the complaints about his tent city detention facility? I think they should all be detained as detected for a short period of time and deported swiftly that is the most cost effective. Many if not most don't show up for their court hearings when released back into our society.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Hutto was one detention center that the pro-illegals complained about. They complain about any illegals being detained. Unless you don't read the news and live in a cave you would know that. What about those under Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction and the complaints about his tent city detention facility? I think they should all be detained as detected for a short period of time and deported swiftly that is the most cost effective. Many if not most don't show up for their court hearings when released back into our society.
how could I know about every illegal detention...
remember Sheriff Joe is in Pheonix, AZ. and Grand Rapids is in Iowa.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It should be easier to pay for their return trip, than it was to pay coyotes thousands to illegally enter. If they claim they can’t afford it, their countries of origin should be required to foot the bill, particularly, since they’ll return within a few weeks.

Illegal immigrants must pay for their own deportations | GazetteOnline.com
LOL! Sure! Why should a country pay for deportation? Now America is going into the business of fining foreign countries and then bill collecting! LMAO! Good one!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
how could I know about every illegal detention...
remember Sheriff Joe is in Pheonix, AZ. and Grand Rapids is in Iowa.
Being a staunch supporter of illegal aliens I am surprised that you would faign ignorance on the subject of the detention centers. It is common knowledge. If memory serves me right Hutto is in Texas and you live in Texas, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration