Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 AM

157 posts, read 137,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You know that and I know that but; the illegal alien apologists try to throw a hissy fit when confronted with that pearl of wisdom.
They seem to have difficulty understanding the concept of putting the well-being of the nation as a whole before selfish ethnocentric loyalty. Besides which, amnesty for 50,000 illegals in a nation this size wouldn't result in disaster; whereas, amnesty for 10s of millions of illegals who could then chain migrate their poverty-stricken relatives in would spell disaster.

In the end, however, this nation needs to send the message loud and clear that, whether it be 50,000 illegals or 50 million, that we take our sovereignty and immigration laws seriously and that they will be enforced. The 1986 amnesty only encouraged more to come illegally hoping for another amnesty. We've had seven more targeted amnesties since then. It's becoming a joke; one more huge amnesty of 10s of millions of illegals will send the message loud and clear that anyone who wants to come here should just get on that plane and come or cross that border. The Americans do not respect their laws or sovereignty, so why should we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:46 AM

10,040 posts, read 9,532,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
ALL illegals need to be sent back to their homelands including the Irish. I am part Irish and have zero tolerance for ALL illegals in our country.
I agree 100%. Wait a minute, I thought those if us who are anti-illegal immigrants are nothing but racists who have a hidden agenda of picking on illegals based on their hispanic ethnicity. Hmmmm... I guess that argument has been proven wrong.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
According to then Candidate for president John McCain...Yes

McCain pledges amnesty for 50,000 illegal Irish immigrants.

In a town hall today, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said that as president, he would ensure that 50,000 “illegal” Irish immigrants residing in the United States could find a “path to citizenship:”
There are 50,000 Irish men and women who are in this country illegally at this time, who are hard-working people, who want to become citizens. And I want to assure you that we will enact comprehensive immigration reform, after they do certain things, obviously, give them a path to citizenship in this country as part of an overall immigration reform package.
Happy St. Patricks Day.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not discriminate. An illegal alien, is an illegal alien -- regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, skin color, or sexual orientation.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:01 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,998,127 times
That whole Amnsesty support platform did not serve McCain well did it?. As a Progressive RINO I doubt he has learned his lesson. They never do. It is time to purge the GOP of Progressives.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That whole Amnsesty support platform did not serve McCain well did it?. As a Progressive RINO I doubt he has learned his lesson. They never do. It is time to purge the GOP of Progressives.
Agreed! The GOP needs to return to being the party of conservatives otherwise what is the diffence between them and the Democrats? Might as well just have one party.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Agreed! The GOP needs to return to being the party of conservatives otherwise what is the diffence between them and the Democrats? Might as well just have one party.
Somewhat off-topic here: a moderate liberal of 50 years ago would be a moderate conservative today..........societal standards have shifted to the left.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM

332 posts, read 645,141 times
50,000 is less than 1% of the illegal immigrant population in the United States. This country is not going to turn into the United States of Ireland anytime soon. You don't have to worry about calling 911 and having the operator say press 1 for English and 2 for Gaelic. This country however will turn into the United States of Mexico, if Uncle Sam does not make it alot harder for illegal immigrants to physically cross the border into the U.S.

What's next, you are going to post an article revealing that there are 5,000 illegal immigrants from Denmark living in the U.S. Wow 5,000 is such a huge number, the Danes are taking over America.

Last edited by Golem1979; 03-23-2010 at 03:50 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
50,000 is less than 1% of the illegal immigrant population in the United States. This country is not going to turn into the United States of Ireland anytime soon. You don't have to worry about calling 911 and having the operator say press 1 for English and 2 for Gaelic. This country however will turn into the United States of Mexico, if Uncle Sam does not make it alot harder for illegal immigrants to physically cross the border into the U.S.

What's next, you are going to post an article revealing that there are 5,000 illegal immigrants from Denmark living in the U.S. Wow 5,000 is such a huge number, the Danes are taking over America.
ROFLMAO. Even if all of Ireland were here; we would be looking at ca. 4-5 million people.

The above stated: regardless of race/ethnicity; illegal aliens are much more likely to commit other crimes vs. legal immigrants.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,965,968 times
Default 3 Thousand verus 12 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
There is an estimated 2,500 to 3,000 illegal Irish in the US, with the majority coming from Fermanagh and Tyrone.
This would be "REAL NICE" if their were only that many illegal Mexicans. At least the Irish are not coming to America and having babies and excepting the Americans to take care of them, and crowding the hospitals with unnecessary treatment.

The last I heard, the Irish have not come to America to take back what is NOT THEIRS!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,900,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Illegal alien Irish? Throw the bums out. Especially factoring in that Irish nationals can head anywhere within the Schengen Area of Europe to live legally.

Hard to beleive they'd want to come here knowing this place is going down . I don't believe anything that liar says anyway .

If they are smart they'll stay in europe instead of coming to this soon to be failing third wolrd nation ruled by tyrants and dictators .

No immigrant should be given legal statas who broke into the country . But I'm old nd fought all this crap long enough , the others will get the nation they deserve .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration