Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,939 times

Advertisements

Tough Bill Advances in Arizona on Illegal Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Looks like the tattered and torn "race card" is finally starting to fall apart on this issue..

Quote:
State Senator Russell Pearce, a Republican and the chief sponsor of the legislation, brushed aside concerns raised by civil libertarians that the law would open the door to racial profiling. The local office of the ACLU says the bill is unconstitutional.
Quote:
Several police chiefs and sheriffs have criticized the bill, calling it burdensome and impractical and a tactic that will scare immigrants out of cooperating with investigations and reporting crime.
It is also a great tactic in making them leave the state. It is shameful that a local government needs to do the work our federal government should be doing in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 07:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
If anything; prejudice is growing against illegal aliens rendering their 'race card' moot.

What does concern me is innocent people (of any actual race/ethnicity) who look stereotypically 'Mestizo Hispanic' catching flak from the extremists AKA racists (Mexica Movement, KKK, etc.) on both sides of the illegal immigration battle.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,939 times
Here's another good one..

Ariz. House Signals Approval for Immigration Bill (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/apx_immigration_bill_approval_032410 - broken link)

Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
The ACLU is grasping at straws. They will defend any anti-American agenda, and are determined to keep illegals in this country as a source of revenue. After all, they can’t continue to be funded by illegal alien peddlers if illegals aren’t here.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,385,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The ACLU is grasping at straws. They will defend any anti-American agenda, and are determined to keep illegals in this country as a source of revenue. After all, they can’t continue to be funded by illegal alien peddlers if illegals aren’t here.
My understanding was that the ACLU gets its funds from won litigation and from member dues, with its members mainly consisting of attorneys. It's possible they get some money from illegal aliens but I'd consider it highly unlikely it is to the extent that they rely on that money for their survival.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times
The ACLU is also backed by wealthy Liberals(Hollywood Celebities,etc.) and their donations also.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,637 times
Mr. Pearce said the bill gives the police another tool and compensates for lax enforcement of immigration law by the federal authorities. The police, he said, do not have to arrest every illegal immigrant on trespassing charges, but it gives them that discretion.

so let me try to understand...LE arrests someone, finds out that they are illegal, then gives them a extra charge of tresspasing?

Or they stop someone that looks illegal, and cite them for tresspassing?
Then what...deport them because they are tresspassing? no way...

With all the serious immigration laws that need fixing...tresspassing is the best solution these geniuses can come up with...Un Freaking Believeble.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:39 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,308,787 times
The only color I see in all of this is the color of money: green (aka funding, budgets, taxes, etc.). A person's race has nothing to do with my opinions on illegal immigration.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Everytime a new Immiration Bill has been proposed or Initiated,including OK's HB1804, I've heard the same 2 complaints.

Quote:
the law would open the door to racial profiling. The local office of the American Civil Liberties Union says the bill is unconstitutional.
Quote:
Several police chiefs and sheriffs have criticized the bill, calling it burdensome and impractical and a tactic that will scare immigrants out of cooperating with investigations and reporting crime.

Now hears what I want to hear...

Quote:
“American citizens have a constitutional right to expect their rights and laws to be enforced,” he said in an interview.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
My understanding was that the ACLU gets its funds from won litigation and from member dues, with its members mainly consisting of attorneys. It's possible they get some money from illegal aliens but I'd consider it highly unlikely it is to the extent that they rely on that money for their survival.
The ACLU gets their money because of Illegals being here. With the Illegals gone, there will no long be a need for the ACLU and they'll become history.

Likewise for LaRaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration