Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,092,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Some say that Illegal works are doing the work that Americans will not do. But what about Inmates serving time for petty crimes and are allowed work release because of their good behavior? They deserve a chance to work and learn a skill, don't they? I do not know the exact number, but my guess is that that there are a sufficient number of inmates to do the job and replace illegal workers. Work release inmates are American citizes, paid pay taxes and have paid or are paying their debt to society. They just made bad decisions, like all of us. Seems like every time I walk past a construction site and see so many illegal workers, I cannot help from wondering why work release inmates are not trained and doing these jobs.

Hey, that is just my opinion.
Where do you all think the regular citizen construction worker is actually going to find construction work that pays more? Are they all going back to school in order to get better jobs in construction field...not likely. It takes skills and work experience to land a job in this day and age. Are various construction employers paying American workers higher rates of pay and illegals lower rates of pay?? Or is construction competitive as other fields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 02:29 PM

233 posts, read 440,804 times
Default Our area

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Where do you all think the regular citizen construction worker is actually going to find construction work that pays more? Are they all going back to school in order to get better jobs in construction field...not likely. It takes skills and work experience to land a job in this day and age. Are various construction employers paying American workers higher rates of pay and illegals lower rates of pay?? Or is construction competitive as other fields?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Two of my brother in laws worked in construction back in the early 80's in our area, back then they averaged $18 an hour and were building what was then a very upscale exclusive developement, homes in the $200,000-400,000 range. Right now in town they are building a new upscale developement with homes in a higher range, yet all the men working on this are immigrants making an average of $8 and hour, so I would say the building industry in this country is definitely taking advantage, while building supply costs have gone up the pay has gone down so drastically that me thinks the big guys are making huge profits and in essence using slave labor to get these homes built, the emergency rooms here are full of these unskilled workers who fall off the roofs everyday and have no documentation or insurance to pay their bills. There is a joke that you hear around town..........."look it's raining illegals, they're falling off the roofs"

Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,913,737 times
I must say that I like the question.

"The answer is NO, Needles, NO."

'What are you McFly, chicken?!'

"No one calls me chicken, Needles! Noooooooobuddy calls me chicken!"

'That's right McFly, just swipe the card' and hire the illegal migrants. Nobody in the US government 'will ever find out.' And if Gutierrez does, what is he going to do, deport them?

"Here's the scan."

'See in the office tomorrow, McFly.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration