Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:10 AM

752 posts, read 1,464,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Where in the Az law does it say a ADL would be used as proof of citizenship? or to establish immigration status?
we established this last night, Texas is one of the states that will issue a DL to Illegal Immigrants, it is one of the 3 states that will. in almost every other state you have to either be a citizen or provide some sort of INS documentation proving you are here legally to obtain said DL
This INS documentation must be provided at the same time as your license when asked for ID
Although ADL doesnt prove citizenship it does prove that you are here legally by default (with the exception of Texas, Washington and New Mexico .

because legally you cant get a DL if you are illegal.
not trying to start something...
just sayin
it is also is not an accepted form of proof of legal status at any agency ( as was pointed out to me last night by someone grumpy)
but for most law enforcement personnel in most states
it is a starting point and a big enough filter to go on
since most people don't carry they're birth certificates, social security cards and passports on them every day.
so although you are right,
yes I said you are right...
it does prove that you are here legally

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
we established this last night, Texas is one of the states that will issue a DL to Illegal Immigrants, it is one of the 3 states that will. in almost every other state you have to either be a citizen or provide some sort of INS documentation proving you are here legally to obtain said DL
This INS documentation must be provided at the same time as your license when asked for ID
Although ADL doesnt prove citizenship it does prove that you are here legally by default (with the exception of Texas, Washington and New Mexico .

because legally you cant get a DL if you are illegal.
not trying to start something...
just sayin
it is also is not an accepted form of proof of legal status at any agency ( as was pointed out to me last night by someone grumpy)
but for most law enforcement personnel in most states
it is a starting point and a big enough filter to go on
since most people don't carry they're birth certificates, social security cards and passports on them every day.
so although you are right,
yes I said you are right...
it does prove that you are here legally
Whether INS documentation is used to issue a ADL, an ADL is not used as proof of immigtation status or Citizenship...maybe that wasn't established last night.

oranges and apples, two different things.

Name the statue, code, or Az law which allows a ADL to be used as proof of citizenship.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Whether INS documentation is used to issue a ADL, an ADL is not used as proof of immigtation status or Citizenship...maybe that wasn't established last night.

oranges and apples, two different things.

Name the statue, code, or Az law which allows a ADL to be used as proof of citizenship.
I just told you that you were right
its not proof of citizenship

but it does prove your here legally.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
This law is no different than DUI checkpoints. Or being searched to get on an airplane. And nobody seems to have a problem with those laws. Even though they are unreasonable searches. And sometimes seizures.

Methinks the liberal are all worried because they are now going to have to pay higher wages for Americans to mow their yards and clean their houses.
Exactly.

Where is the open borders crowd when it comes to Americans having to show ID? I sure don't see them demanding I be allowed to get on a plane without producing any ID, or drive with no drivers license or proof of insurance.

They ONLY care when it comes to illegals. Illegals are supposed to drive, use our roads but if asked for a drivers license that's against THEIR constitutional rights - no matter that Americans can be asked.

Illegals aren't supposed to provide ID at airports, only Americans, illegals can never be given traffic or other tickets. If picked up shoplifting, an American can be questioned but no illegal can be questioned.

When I go to the bank, they can ask me for some kind of ID, but the illegals cannot be asked.

What they are demanding is once any illegal gets one toe into the USA, nothing can be done about them being here illegally. They are never to be asked for valid ID, never to be asked citizenship or legal status.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I just told you that you were right
its not proof of citizenship

but it does prove your here legally.
So you think it proves immigration status either legal or illegal. State the statute, Code, or law which states the ADL is used as positive proof of immigration status.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
So you think it proves immigration status either legal or illegal. State the statute, Code, or law which states the ADL is used as positive proof of immigration status.
I already told you it isn't. so there wouldnt be any documentation stating there is.

but one more time
Legally you cant get a license if you are illegal but for 3 states.
so
IN essence
it means your legal
does it bother you that we may both be right?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,740,678 times
Ok, 326 posts later .. what did we learn ? Not much, apparently. Continuing this thread, re using old arguments that will be ignored anyway, only leaves more space for personal attacks and trolls. And we don't need more of either of these two here.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration